Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Huskies to lose a 61-year ticket holder, thanks to Larry Scott's Innovative Television Contracts

Hardcore_HuskyHardcore_Husky Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 302
Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
edited October 2017 in Hardcore Husky Board

imageHuskies to lose a 61-year ticket holder, thanks to Larry Scott's Innovative Television Contracts

Ron Johnson, a 61-year season ticket holder, says these night games are too
much to handle

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

Better seats for me!!!

So, you're saying WDWHA?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,217
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I wonder if Peterman and the rest of the coaches would be willing to take a pay cut so we could return to the era of all 1230 or 1pm kicks and not every game on TV. Stupid college sports arms race.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I wonder if Peterman and the rest of the coaches would be willing to take a pay cut so we could return to the era of all 1230 or 1pm kicks and not every game on TV. Stupid college sports arms race.

They have FAMILIES!

They need to be able to send their kids to the finest private schools.
    The sarcasm makes a valid poont none the less.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,203
    Swaye's Wigwam

There are plenty of day time windows. You can watch all sorts of shit teams. Just not Pac 12 shit teams.

That's why Larry gets ripped. By not going with either ESPN or FOX we get the hind tit when it comes to broadcast windows.

Then there is the issue of the Pac 12 network which does have day games, being unavailable outside of China

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

There are plenty of day time windows. You can watch all sorts of shit teams. Just not Pac 12 shit teams.

That's why Larry gets ripped. By not going with either ESPN or FOX we get the hind tit when it comes to broadcast windows.

Then there is the issue of the Pac 12 network which does have day games, being unavailable outside of China

Wait, so if there was no Pac 12 Network and we were just contracted with ESPN and FOX we'd have more day / early evening games? No sarcasm here - just an honest question.

This Sat, Pac 12 Network has a day game at 1PM with SC v OSU and then at 5PM with Zona and CU.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,018
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Brad, what would you say if I asked you to put these in the trunk of the Cruising Vessel?

I'd say, who the hell is Ron Johnson?
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,983
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Wait, so if there was no Pac 12 Network and we were just contracted with ESPN and FOX we'd have more day / early evening games? No sarcasm here - just an honest question.

This Sat, Pac 12 Network has a day game at 1PM with SC v OSU and then at 5PM with Zona and CU.
    The Pac 12 has no excuse to not be as widely seen as the SEC. We have bigger markets and our football is just as bad.

The SEC network contracted with ESPN so in addition to the network itself SEC network games are shown across the ESPN family of networks and CBS, the best 12:30 game hands down. ABC now shows ACC and SEC games and B1G games instead of Pac 12 games in the prime windows. Larry won't play ball so they told us to fuck off
    Being on CBS is no good for me. I don't get this channel or pac12 network.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback regarding the night games.

We will pass on your feedback to the appropriate parties.

Regards,

Jacky
    Pac-12 Networks Support
    http://support.pac-12.com