Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregonian: Herbert L clavicle frx.

Comments

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited October 2017

Here's where this helps Oregon. Now they will hand off every single down. They can probably beat half the teams in the Pac with that gameplan.

Also, what happened to Travis Waller or whatever that black QB's name was?

I said this to a buddy today. This might have been the best thing that could happen to the Ducks. They have the best line in the conference by quite a stretch now that I've seen everyone play someone with a pulse. This is the first time we haven't had a sure fire NFL tight end since pre-Vince Ferry, but the three guys we have are probably the best blocking group we have ever had at that position.

Burmeister will he the QB going forward and can actually run the zone read. If you can run and play D you can beat anyone on your schedule.

Having the best kicker in school history will be a huge factor down the stretch as well.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

Here's where this helps Oregon. Now they will hand off every single down. They can probably beat half the teams in the Pac with that gameplan.

I said this to a buddy today. This might have been the best thing that could happen to the Ducks. They have the best line in the conference by quite a stretch now that I've seen everyone play someone with a pulse. This is the first time we haven't had a sure fire NFL tight end since pre-Vince Ferry, but the three guys we have are probably the best blocking group we have ever had at that position.

Burmeister will he the QB going forward and can actually run the zone read. If you can run and play D you can beat anyone on your schedule.

Having the best kicker in school history will be a huge factor down the stretch as well.
    When did you get a defense?
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Mosster47 said:

did you watch them against cal. they did a great job shutting down their shit QB and slow white RB
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

Mosster47 said:

When you weren't looking.
  • Options

Mosster47 said:

you have a defense, no doubt.

it's just not very good.

Cal sucks, they might hang in on defense for a half, but their offense is going to get plungered at UW this weekend
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    dhdawg said:

Mosster47 said:

it's just not very good.

Cal sucks, they might hang in on defense for a half, but their offense is going to get plungered at UW this weekend
    Keep barking as one or two dark-horse opponents prepare to knock you out the running for the season.
  • Options

dhdawg said:

Mosster47 said:

it's just not very good.

Keep barking as one or two dark-horse opponents prepare to knock you out the running for the season.
    Yeah and who might that be?
    Keep quooking and enjoy the sarkgart run of mediocrity
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    salemcoog said:

Put in Burmeister and give him his shot. Alie is Jeff Lockian and clearly doesn't have what it takes. Don't know if I can watch this team with Alie as QB.

Did Burmeister go to Sheldon or Willamette?
    La Jolla Country Day, in my other hometown.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Defense is better. Line play is very good. Corners are talented but a bit raw. LBs aren't always out of position and arm tackling is no longer the standard.

LIFPO.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

Mosster47 said:

it's just not very good.

You never really know where it will come from, but it's coming. This UW team isn't a 12-0 caliber squad and you know that as much as everyone else.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dhdawg said:

Mosster47 said:

it's just not very good.

Cuog may drop 60 on that Oregon defense.

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

These injuries suck, but it's a good year to have them if they must happen. UO is rebuilding to prepare for another championship run in the next year or 3, this will give the younger players an opportunity to step up and get some playing time.

So 2018 is going to be special?
  • Options
    Mosster47 said:

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

Mosster47 said:

it's just not very good.

You never really know where it will come from, but it's coming. This UW team isn't a 12-0 caliber squad and you know that as much as everyone else.
    Probably not. I could see a loss to furd. Definitely a loss to usc. Not sure how those are "darkhorses"
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

salemcoog said:

Put in Burmeister and give him his shot. Alie is Jeff Lockian and clearly doesn't have what it takes. Don't know if I can watch this team with Alie as QB.

Did Burmeister go to Sheldon or Willamette?
    La Jolla Country Day, in my other hometown.
    So in the redneck part of La Jolla.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

dhdawg said:

Mosster47 said:

it's just not very good.

I would argue that the defense went from complete trash to average. The Oregon offense is good enough to win 7 games with their schedule with an average defense. Last year's team would have lost this game 45-24, so I'll give the first year coach at least some credit. But no, this defense isn't great or even close to great.
    It reminds me so far of the transition from Holt to Wilcox. It got a lot better but was still just OK. Could supremes bad teams but good teams or teams with good offenses could run up some high numbers.

Now Wilcoxs defense never really improved after that initial jump, so Leavitt does get some more time to make it better. I would bet that it will get better but who knows how much. The talent will be there so we will LIPO.