Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregonian: Herbert L clavicle frx.

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

salemcoog said:

These injuries sucks, but it's a good year to have them if they must happen. UO is rebuilding to prepare for another championship run in the next year or 3, this will give the younger players an opportunity to step up and get some playing time.

I dunno what's gonna happen next Saturday and Lyl... er uh Taggart is a much better coach than Helfrich. But running your backup QB with a 17 pt lead in the 4th quarter when you've already lost your starter for the Season, tells me He's not a technically gifted gameday coach.

I don't think He's the one that will get ya back to consistent NY6 bowls or playoff appearances.

Jury's still out on Taggart and will be for awhile. He's the guy until proven otherwise for me and most quooks. Need a lot more evidence before duck fans start calling for his head. I generally liked what I saw from the team against Cal. They didn't mail it in after all the ridiculous injuries like they would have under Slingblade, and won the game with a terrible QB and the Rolls Royce in the repair shop.
    The only people who would call for his head at this point are on the short bus at 7:30 am m - f.

Jesus.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

doogie said:

True Fr will start vs Cuog

Taylor Alie filled in for the injured Herbert, until he went down with an injury of his own.

The Ducks had no choice at that point except to burn Braxton Burmeister’s redshirt.

I for one was extremely disappointed to see Alie knocked out of the game. You know what you have with him, which is nothing. Burmeister is an unknown commodity.
    Don't worry bro kewg. We got these guys no matter who starts at QB.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

These injuries sucks, but it's a good year to have them if they must happen. UO is rebuilding to prepare for another championship run in the next year or 3, this will give the younger players an opportunity to step up and get some playing time.

I dunno what's gonna happen next Saturday and Lyl... er uh Taggart is a much better coach than Helfrich. But running your backup QB with a 17 pt lead in the 4th quarter when you've already lost your starter for the Season, tells me He's not a technically gifted gameday coach.

I don't think He's the one that will get ya back to consistent NY6 bowls or playoff appearances.

If it had been Mariotta would you say the same thing? Because they had shit for back-ups when he was there, and he ran all the time.

It's in their offense. Sure, the risk / reward calculation changes with a guy like Herbert, who isn't in Mariotta's league as a runner.

He landed on his shoulder. It happens.
  • Options
    BallzDeep said:

Gladstone said:

Fuck I like Herbert's game, kid is a fucking gamer, but fuck he is such a meathead. It was not crucial for them to score at that point of the game

what

he was trying to make a play for his team. it was a good play it happens 500 times every saturday. took an unlucky hit and there you go
    You hardly ever see it from any QB on any Saturday because it's dumb and that injury is exactly why.
    Christ. Nice try.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

To be fare, you and I aren't exactly the guys who can recognize what it takes to get back to anything other than a shit hole, since we've never actually been anywhere else.

But it's still great to be Kuog!!!!
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    creep the quintuple warrior
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2017
    Mariotta rarely, if ever, went on suicide missions to get 6 points they would have already gotten anyways.

HTH.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,282
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Mariotta rarely, if ever, went on suicide missions to get 6 points they would have already gotten anyways.

HTH.

I agree it was a stupid decision. However, with the "soft" play I've seen from this team the last couple years, it was refreshing to see somebody even if it's our quarterback to lay some pad.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

If it had been Mariotta would you say the same thing? Because they had shit for back-ups when he was there, and he ran all the time.

It's in their offense. Sure, the risk / reward calculation changes with a guy like Herbert, who isn't in Mariotta's league as a runner.

If you've ever been close to Mariota, you'd know that they aren't the same guy. Mariota is a lot bigger than He looks on TV and is 10 times the athlete. Herbert is a pocket passer with scrambling ability. He has neither the build nor the skill to be a read option QB.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

doogie said:

True Fr will start vs Cuog

Taylor Alie filled in for the injured Herbert, until he went down with an injury of his own.

The Ducks had no choice at that point except to burn Braxton Burmeister’s redshirt.

I for one was extremely disappointed to see Alie knocked out of the game. You know what you have with him, which is nothing. Burmeister is an unknown commodity.
    Don't worry bro kewg. We got these guys no matter who starts at QB.
    That's what everyone is telling me. But it's the first road game of the year in one of the loudest environments this side of a Metallica concert which means our average to this point Oline will be at a disadvantage that they haven't experienced yet this year.

Also we've given up big TD runs to both SC and OSU which doesn't bode well to contain their attack. Our safeties pinch way too close on run downs and if they or our LB misses, it's a house call.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Gladstone said:

Fuck I like Herbert's game, kid is a fucking gamer, but fuck he is such a meathead. It was not crucial for them to score at that point of the game

what

he was trying to make a play for his team. it was a good play it happens 500 times every saturday. took an unlucky hit and there you go
    Sort of....I need to find the article...but earlier in the game Black Sark chewed his ass for pitching it when keeping the ball would have resulted in a huge gain.

So he kept it this time.

Oops.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2017
    dhdawg said:

Mosster47 said:

Here's where this helps Oregon. Now they will hand off every single down. They can probably beat half the teams in the Pac with that gameplan.

Also, what happened to Travis Waller or whatever that black QB's name was?

I said this to a buddy today. This might have been the best thing that could happen to the Ducks. They have the best line in the conference by quite a stretch now that I've seen everyone play someone with a pulse. This is the first time we haven't had a sure fire NFL tight end since pre-Vince Ferry, but the three guys we have are probably the best blocking group we have ever had at that position.

Burmeister will he the QB going forward and can actually run the zone read. If you can run and play D you can beat anyone on your schedule.

Having the best kicker in school history will be a huge factor down the stretch as well.
    When did you get a defense?
    did you watch them against cal. they did a great job shutting down their shit QB and slow white RB
    I didn't watch them against Cal. I did watch a quarter of the Ducks shutting down Josh Allen. He could be the first pick of the draft!
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Mosster47 said:

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

Mosster47 said:

Here's where this helps Oregon. Now they will hand off every single down. They can probably beat half the teams in the Pac with that gameplan.

Also, what happened to Travis Waller or whatever that black QB's name was?

I said this to a buddy today. This might have been the best thing that could happen to the Ducks. They have the best line in the conference by quite a stretch now that I've seen everyone play someone with a pulse. This is the first time we haven't had a sure fire NFL tight end since pre-Vince Ferry, but the three guys we have are probably the best blocking group we have ever had at that position.

Burmeister will he the QB going forward and can actually run the zone read. If you can run and play D you can beat anyone on your schedule.

Having the best kicker in school history will be a huge factor down the stretch as well.
    When did you get a defense?
    When you weren't looking.
    you have a defense, no doubt.

it's just not very good.

Cal sucks, they might hang in on defense for a half, but their offense is going to get plungered at UW this weekend
    Keep barking as one or two dark-horse opponents prepare to knock you out the running for the season.
    Yeah and who might that be?
    Keep quooking and enjoy the sarkgart run of mediocrity
    You never really know where it will come from, but it's coming. This UW team isn't a 12-0 caliber squad and you know that as much as everyone else.
    Like how you guaranteed UW would lose to either WSU or Colorado last year?

Looks like UW is going 12-0!
    You still blew it against USC.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

HTH.

Like the crazy superman dive over a group of people for the pylon against some shit team like Wyoming? Because that happened his Heisman season.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    The cuog is about due for a loss. Might as well happen in Eugene.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

HTH.

Oh, just fuck. Jesus. No, that doesn't help at all, because it's not in the zip code of being even remotely true. They ran that fucker all the time, including in the red zone.

How many highlights of him flying through the air at the pylon did you happen to miss while you were in the bathroom pulling on your donkey?
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

If you've ever been close to Mariota, you'd know that they aren't the same guy. Mariota is a lot bigger than He looks on TV and is 10 times the athlete. Herbert is a pocket passer with scrambling ability. He has neither the build nor the skill to be a read option QB.
    Different topic. No shit on the rest of your poast, other than the suggestion that Herbert isn't big enough: 6'5 215; 6'4 220. Yeah, I see your poont.

• Options

The cuog is about due for a loss. Might as well happen in Eugene.

Won't happen. We're? going to shit all over your shit stadium Duck!