Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Official Ken Burn's Vietnam War Thread

13»

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,044
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Good Free Pub for @Dennis_DeYoung with Episode 3 titled The River Styx.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

The strategy from the very beginning was totally fucking stupid and DOOMED us throughout.

Wonder if things would have been any different if JFK never dies. Probably not but whatever

Give Ken Burns all the awards

Under Kennedy it went from 600 American “advisers” over there to almost 6000. So I don’t think Kennedy would have done anything different.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,755
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2017

PBS? Can you sound anymore old, rich, and white?

NPR

iDawg, wherever the fuck he is, nailed NPR when he described it's sole purpose as letting us know that everything we know is wrong, during a pod with Race, once.

Yes, I was the only listener, apparently.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,755
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Too young, but a bunch of of neighbors and cousins went. I got to work and go to school with a bunch of Amer-Asian kids who's GI dads made it with South V women. Lots of boat kids also. Good peeps, mostly. Hard working. Many staunchly Cathlolic.

Far too enamored with Euro exhaust systems on their Hondas, though. Really, really retarded in that sense.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,044
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Some hilarious free Pub for Slick Willie and Dubya in Episode 4. They are discussing draft dodgers and rich young white guys who got to serve in the National Guard. There is a quick shot of a college photo of Clinton followed by GW in the air national guard. Neither are mentioned by name.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Too young, but a bunch of of neighbors and cousins went. I got to work and go to school with a bunch of Amer-Asian kids who's GI dads made it with South V women. Lots of boat kids also. Good peeps, mostly. Hard working. Many staunchly Cathlolic.

Far too enamored with Euro exhaust systems on their Hondas, though. Really, really retarded in that sense.

Were used to that around here