Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,221 Standard Supporter
    This is how it should be. Protest on your own time not company time.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Sledog said:

From the constitutional scholar.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Sledog said:

Donald Trump protests between 8 am and 5 pm on weekdays all the time.

If he can do it during working hours, what's the problem?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Most can't speak their minds at work. So you support cops saying anything they want while on duty and calling it 1st amendment? Senators, congressmen etc. etc.?

Poor child this is how the real world works. It's up to the owners to clean this crap up. Now go run with the scissors!
    You finally get it
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Most can't speak their minds at work. So you support cops saying anything they want while on duty and calling it 1st amendment? Senators, congressmen etc. etc.?

Poor child this is how the real world works. It's up to the owners to clean this crap up. Now go run with the scissors!
    NFL players can't speak their minds freely either, although with the salary cap and shit, they have more leverage than the average employee. But many owners get rid of players for saying it doing stupid shit.

That being said, I don't agree with players sitting or staying in the locker room during the national anthem. I also don't agree with the president meddling in the free market. Thank you for finally rebuking Trump.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    You were all for Presidents ruining the free market before, why this sudden, unexpected shift?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Sledog said:

Jones never said that, try again
    doogie said:

You were all for Presidents ruining the free market before, why this sudden, unexpected shift?

Link?
    doogie said:

Fuck off.

Someone struck a nerve.

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

NFL players can't speak their minds freely either, although with the salary cap and shit, they have more leverage than the average employee. But many owners get rid of players for saying it doing stupid shit.

That being said, I don't agree with players sitting or staying in the locker room during the national anthem. I also don't agree with the president meddling in the free market. Thank you for finally rebuking Trump.
    You're such a fucking pussy. This is why no one takes this shit seriously

You're against BOTH sides!!!1111!!!!1

The President can run his mouth, Its not legally binding. The players can kneel or stay inside.

Kaepernick wasn't protesting the anthem. People forget that because they would rather discuss that than race

But I AM AGAINST RACISM!

I'm better than you
    Such fag Race.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,221 Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

Sledog said:

Jones never said that, try again
    I didn't say he did. Just said that his how it should be. Talk shit at work your employer doesn't like and you get fired. Happens all the time in the real world. I know mom isn't that tough on you because she does need the garbage taken out!
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,995

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

The President can run his mouth, Its not legally binding. The players can kneel or stay inside.

Kaepernick wasn't protesting the anthem. People forget that because they would rather discuss that than race

But I AM AGAINST RACISM!

I'm better than you
    Calm down Race. At your age ranting up your heart rate like that is dangerous.

Just tell him your wife is a woman of color and leave it at that.

Jesus.
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

From the bumbling idiot
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,892 Standard Supporter
    It takes a real desperate person to quote Harbaugh in here. And what does the Constitution have to do with privately owned and operated franchises?

Harbaugh: Check your brain.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,666 Standard Supporter

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

But I AM AGAINST RACISM!

I'm better than you
    I happen to think Kaepernick's original protest against racism was simply attention-whoring to compensate for his shit performance on the field.

The rest has just snowballed/flaked.

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,559 Founders Club
    I don't want to lumped into Sledog's ideology, but seriously, it's at least frowned upon to talk politics, much less make big political statements, at almost every job I've ever had. Why is this vastly different? At press conferences, I can see doing it to an extent.

If you're an independent or semi-independent entertainer (singer, actor, comedian, talk show host etc.), sure fire away. If you want to invite Action News for to your presser, fine.