Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

JT Tuimoloau, 5* 2021 DL, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 9/22/17)

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    NEsnake12 said:

Hop doesn’t make this offer without strategizing with Jimmy about it first. This is a joint effort

100%
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    NEsnake12 said:

Hop doesn’t make this offer without strategizing with Jimmy about it first. This is a joint effort

He’s good enough to play D-1 hoops. What the hell was Hop waiting for???

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,274
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

I like this, although I expect the bb offers from tOSU, SC, and Oregon will roll in soon

Being FIRST in both sports has to help.

He's coming here.
    Yeah, it's a smart move that a school that's serious about recruiting would make (hopefully this is a sign that Jimmy will start to get more serious about it as HC). The basketball scholarship offer is meaningless since he's playing football but it's good to stroke the kid's ego.
    I view it in one of two ways:

1) It’s a desperation play because we are getting blown out by Ohio and know if it’s football vs football we are in a bad spot

2) It’s a differentiator because Hop is committing to JTT that he has the ability to be a contributor to UW hoops and this isn’t a lip service offer ... also the ability for both JTT and Paolo to play together may hold some value in both recruitments

I worry that this is it. Like the guy at the bar offering to buy a girl all her drinks for the night even if she doesn't talk to him. She's still going home with Bruce Wayne.
  • Options
    OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 589
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

I like this, although I expect the bb offers from tOSU, SC, and Oregon will roll in soon

He's coming here.
    Yeah, it's a smart move that a school that's serious about recruiting would make (hopefully this is a sign that Jimmy will start to get more serious about it as HC). The basketball scholarship offer is meaningless since he's playing football but it's good to stroke the kid's ego.

1) It’s a desperation play because we are getting blown out by Ohio and know if it’s football vs football we are in a bad spot

2) It’s a differentiator because Hop is committing to JTT that he has the ability to be a contributor to UW hoops and this isn’t a lip service offer ... also the ability for both JTT and Paolo to play together may hold some value in both recruitments

I worry that this is it. Like the guy at the bar offering to buy a girl all her drinks for the night even if she doesn't talk to him. She's still going home with Bruce Wayne.
    I don’t think this is remotely true, he’s basically said he wants to take his visits and will likely sign in February. I don’t think anyone is in that big of a lead.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

He's coming here.

Meh. With nothing more than my inherent rightness to draw upon, I see it more as escalation than desperation.
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    If hop can reel in JT I will forgive him for last season
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,716
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

He's coming here.

What do you call a beat up Batman?

Bruised Wayne!
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,018
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I’m glad Hop did something right.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    And 81 in a Maine, what’s the point
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,971
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NEsnake12 said:

Probably Hops idea.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

He's coming here.

I read it as #3:

Jimmy just agreed to let him play both sports.

Guessing Pete wouldn't have. Jimmy probably considered then realized he has to.

Otherwise Hop already would have offered.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I know he’s good at basketball in high school but he’s going to be 6’5” and around 300 pounds. Not many good players that size.

I like the offer and it can’t do anything but help, but I’m not sure it really helps either.
  • Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

A mildly interesting development. In the last few days, USC has picked up a ton of crystal dongs for 3 different defensive linemen (specifically SDE's) not named JTT (Foreman,Mobley, and Armitage). They already have another 4* d lineman committed.

I'm sure they would still take JTT but it could be a sign that they are willing to take other guys that want to commit now

Now let us doog...

Wow ya I've never seen anything like it 🙄 what's next she gonna cry it rains in June?