Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

JT Tuimoloau, 5* 2021 DL, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 9/22/17)

Comments

• Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2020
    betadawg said:

betadawg said:

Watch out for USC. Been telling people they are a dark horse for him.

Julien Simon and Vic Sotoo vs malloe

Malloe going to have to win the family over
    He’s doing a really good job of that. The key factor will be how many games we win this year but Malloe has set us up really well. He’s basically recruiting the front seven this year and he’s doing a great job.
    Was Simon really a guy we didn't want like Dawgman is saying?
    No, UW wanted him but we whiffed. Scott is just making some shit up which I really don’t understand.
    So were we recruiting him as an ILB or a RB? I'd almost prefer the scenario where we went after him and whiffed rather than us saying hes not good enough. Tracy Ford seems to think that UW passed on him.
    They started recruiting him to RB a couple months back since we desperately need RB’s and only need one LB his year. Julien likes Jimmy but he didn’t feel like a priority with the staff and didn’t connect with position coaches.
    Well the silver lining im taking from this is at least it seems like all the recruits like Jimmy.

If we start winning and then follow that up with good coaching hires. I expect 2022 to be a top 5 class after our playoff appearance.

Domani Jackson and Tetairoa McMillan are going to commit early and recruit Malik Murphy to join the squad. Im thinking 2 Nattys in the next 4 years.
    It’s why covid really hurt us, Jimmy can’t get that one on one to close guys like Simon, Troy and Moliki at the spring game. Now just got to hope there’s a season and that we win games or else we are screwed. But win at least 10 games and I believe we finish with a top 15 class and a shot at a top 10 class.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Imagine wanting to play for Clay Helton.

That’s never been the problem, even despite the poor development, kids and their families really like Clay. The issue the past few years was that the AD didn’t invest in support staff or marketing, half their coaches didn’t recruit including their D-coordinator who just wanted to be back in the NFL, and the fanbase/boosters grew tired of the poor on-field results & the ‘will he won’t he be fired’ dance.

Sounds familiar.
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

betadawg said:

betadawg said:

He’s doing a really good job of that. The key factor will be how many games we win this year but Malloe has set us up really well. He’s basically recruiting the front seven this year and he’s doing a great job.
    No, UW wanted him but we whiffed. Scott is just making some shit up which I really don’t understand.
    So were we recruiting him as an ILB or a RB? I'd almost prefer the scenario where we went after him and whiffed rather than us saying hes not good enough. Tracy Ford seems to think that UW passed on him.
    They started recruiting him to RB a couple months back since we desperately need RB’s and only need one LB his year. Julien likes Jimmy but he didn’t feel like a priority with the staff and didn’t connect with position coaches.
    Well the silver lining im taking from this is at least it seems like all the recruits like Jimmy.

If we start winning and then follow that up with good coaching hires. I expect 2022 to be a top 5 class after our playoff appearance.

Domani Jackson and Tetairoa McMillan are going to commit early and recruit Malik Murphy to join the squad. Im thinking 2 Nattys in the next 4 years.
    It’s why covid really hurt us, Jimmy can’t get that one on one to close guys like Simon, Troy and Moliki at the spring game. Now just got to hope there’s a season and that we win games or else we are screwed. But win at least 10 games and I believe we finish with a top 15 class and a shot at a top 10 class.
    Sonics, I know you've been over this ad nauseum, but can you confirm that the AD forced Jimmy's hand in retaining Gregory, Boner, and Cato (Brown?) due to budget constraints? Even with Pete's salary off the books sans buyout?

Or is Jimmy completely indefensible in this regard and he wanted to keep Gregory since he's known him for a while and developed BBK and...yeah, I don't know why you'd retain Boner or promote Cato or hire Brown, who has no recent WC ties.

One of the most fucked up things about all this is the ripple effect of keeping Gregory and Boner. Since Boner can't recruit an elite RB, we had to modify Simon's offer as a RB. But recruits don't relate to Gregory, so we're fucked. Cool.
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533

betadawg said:

betadawg said:

Sonics, I know you've been over this ad naseum, but can you confirm that budget constraints forced Jimmy's hand in retaining Gregory and Boner and promoting Cato? Even with Pete's salary coming off the books sans buyout?

It's borderline laughable the ripple effects of retaining Gregory and Boner re: Simon. Boner can't land an elite RB, so we modify Simon's offer when he already can't relate with our position coach, who has one thing going for him on his resume and that's developing BBK.
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    Beno4Life said:

betadawg said:

betadawg said:

Sonics, I know you've been over this ad naseum, but can you confirm that budget constraints forced Jimmy's hand in retaining Gregory and Boner and promoting Cato? Even with Pete's salary coming off the books sans buyout?

It's borderline laughable the ripple effects of retaining Gregory and Boner re: Simon. Boner can't land an elite RB, so we modify Simon's offer when he already can't relate with our position coach, who has one thing going for him on his resume and that's developing BBK.
    Not true, the football budget is the same.
  • Options
    betadawgbetadawg Member Posts: 30
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    betadawg said:

betadawg said:

Beno4Life said:

betadawg said:

betadawg said:

Not true, the football budget is the same.
    How big of a difference do you think it will be if USC just gets crushed by Alabama and then does not do well in their next tough stretch of games (ASU, UTAH, CAL) coming up. Do you think the new staff effect will wear off once they are losing games?

Im just trying to understand if kids are commiting to USC because they are USC, or if they are really trying to sell that they will crush it in 2020 with Slovis.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Beno4Life said:

betadawg said:

betadawg said:

I've never really bought into the idea that Jimmy was forced to keep those guys because of the budget. It seems much more likely that Jimmy, being a 1st time HC, just wanted to keep on 2 veteran coaches he had worked with for a long time for one more year to help him with the transition.
    Very true, in Bob's case.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Imagine wanting to play for Clay Helton.

Simon did. There are more. Bigger fish, too.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,914
    Standard Supporter

dnc said:

Beno4Life said:

betadawg said:

betadawg said:

That’s just a lie Chest made up to cover for the fact that we did hire any of the assistants he said we were hiring. His BDTW buddies bought it and repeated it as nauseum. It’s an obvious lie.
    You mean we weren't going to hire Gerald Alexander to coach OLBs?
    Or Peter Sirmon the year before that. Anybody can say "my sources in the program say...". It's easy to figure out who is full of shit because they immediately start coming up with and trying to spread a ridiculous excuse as to why their insider knowledge didnt come to fruition.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    Founders Club
    animate said:

To be a total asshole, a third coronovirus wave would be good for crootin.

Dem local croots will have a tough decision to go anywhere else ....

I’m gonna start running around town licking door handles. I have to do my part to keep this thing going and keep these kids home! Woooof!
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,971
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

animate said:

To be a total asshole, a third coronovirus wave would be good for crootin.

Dem local croots will have a tough decision to go anywhere else ....

I’m gonna start running around town licking door handles. I have to do my part to keep this thing going and keep these kids home! Woooof!
    Passing out free hugs and high fives at the elderly resorts should probably be added to your list of good deeds.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Julian Simon will never do shit at USC. Take all the screenshots you need.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,095

Julian Simon will never do shit at USC. Take all the screenshots you need.

I agree and it has nothing to do with Simon.

<<insert 2020 recruit>> wil never do shit at USC. The only way I'd sign with Helton is if he could convince me that Pete Carroll was coming back next year. I don't see how you choose USC with a UW offer. Did Jimmy insult his mom's signature lasagna or something?
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,580
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Ruth is hinting at Dirty recruiting, so I’m gonna assume the tea leaves say Ohio St?
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    thechatch said:

Ruth is hinting at Dirty recruiting, so I’m gonna assume the tea leaves say Ohio St?

*LAZY recruiting
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    thechatch said:

Could just as easily be Donte Williams.