Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

JT Tuimoloau, 5* 2021 DL, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 9/22/17)

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    FireCohen said:

Tequilla said:

Phillips IMO would be a greater injury risk than ZTF long term

Short but a dumb fucking take. @NeGgaPlEaSe please set this man straight
    Concussion history is no joke either. Both are hugely risky going forward.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    dnc said:

FireCohen said:

Tequilla said:

Taking an OV to UW the weekend of 6/4 according to Ektard

What other OVs is he taking in June?
  • Options
    bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

Tequilla said:

Taking an OV to UW the weekend of 6/4 according to Ektard

What other OVs is he taking in June?
    Ohio st.

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I'm guessing we'll know where he's going once he announces the order of his OVs... although giving UW a small chance to change his mind with the first visit
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    FireCohen said:

Tequilla said:

As @dnc mentioned concussions are no joke and there’s definite risk that turns into a no warning just retired situation

Achilles obviously are no joke as well and recovery can be fickle. That said given ZTF’s age I think the evidence suggests that you’re able to return closer to pre injury than if it happens later in one’s career. The key in the rehab will not be going too fast that you run the risk of injuring other areas by over compensating
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,522
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Surprised that nobody is using Sidney Jones as an example. He had a lot of good film, popped his Achilles, and went in the 2nd round. Bust in the NFL, but that's not the debate here.

ZTF does not have any significant body of work, but he does play at a position of demand. I think he could go in round 4 of next year's draft. If he's desperate to get some money now he can get 4 years at around $750k per, but I don't know how much of that is actually guaranteed. He'd be smart to come back. If he had a 7-8 sack season in 2022 people would say he's rebounded well, getting his legs under him, and has a higher ceiling. Probably would go round 2. It's too bad he got hurt because he had the potential to be a top-10 pick next year.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,621
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Surprised that nobody is using Sidney Jones as an example. He had a lot of good film, popped his Achilles, and went in the 2nd round. Bust in the NFL, but that's not the debate here.

ZTF does not have any significant body of work, but he does play at a position of demand. I think he could go in round 4 of next year's draft. If he's desperate to get some money now he can get 4 years at around $750k per, but I don't know how much of that is actually guaranteed. He'd be smart to come back. If he had a 7-8 sack season in 2022 people would say he's rebounded well, getting his legs under him, and has a higher ceiling. Probably would go round 2. It's too bad he got hurt because he had the potential to be a top-10 pick next year.

Jones isn't a bust. He just never got his feet under him in Philly. He had a good season last year.. It's important to note that he was coming off an awesome season, good combine, and good pro day when he got hurt. There were zero questions about him aside from the injury and he hadn't been sitting out like ZTF will have been.

ZTF has questions beyond the injury issue.. He is bad at edge containment and only has four games under his belt as a starter. His impressive four game run might not prove the kind of consistency and durability the NFL wants to see.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,522
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

Jones isn't a bust. He just never got his feet under him in Philly. He had a good season last year.. It's important to note that he was coming off an awesome season, good combine, and good pro day when he got hurt. There were zero questions about him aside from the injury and he hadn't been sitting out like ZTF will have been.

ZTF has questions beyond the injury issue.. He is bad at edge containment and only has four games under his belt as a starter. His impressive four game run might not prove the kind of consistency and durability the NFL wants to see.
    Yeah, that was basically my point and comparing why Jones still went Round 2 even after the injury whereas ZTF would not go that high right now.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm guessing we'll know where he's going once he announces the order of his OVs... although giving UW a small chance to change his mind with the first visit

He’s going to UW or Ohio State. Nothing has changed.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

He’s going to UW or Ohio State. Nothing has changed.
    Unless I am forgetting which is possible, this is the strangest football recruitment I have ever seen. He is literally going to make his decision in late June into early July. I am with you, its more than likely UW and tOSU and we have a legit shot.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Honestly, this has been my take from day 1. I'll say it again.

- family here
    - covid is a bitch. Sticking close to family has never been a big of a variable than now. Plus travel restrictions etc ...
    - yeah, ohio state is a premier destination that I would not begrudge him for choosing ... but ...
    - recently washington has been repped as being above average development-wise
    - recently washington has repped as putting it's more than fair share of defensive lineman/edge into the league (see shelton, gaines, vea, tryon, levi etc ...) So it's more than possible.
    - he knows that he won't necessarily be penalized (as much) by playing pac12.
    - the longer this plays out the more legit washington's chances are.

Having said all this I think he's still looking for more validation to go ohio state .. or even Oregon or usc.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

He's coming here

U lost faith for a second there budfy
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    FireCohen said:

dnc said:

He's coming here

U lost faith for a second there budfy
    Briefly.

I let myself back on the bandwagon a long tim ago.