Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

JT Tuimoloau, 5* 2021 DL, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 9/22/17)

Comments

• Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

I'm hearing from a very reliable source he's coming to UW. I heard the waiting thing is to help UW get all the hype about the signing, months after people stopped caring and moved onto the upcoming season.

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if the ZTF injury isn’t a benefit in regards to getting JT. He starts or at least gets rotational playing time outside and we need his size out there. Bowman and maybe ZTF are gone after this year. Him and Smalls (although McDonald and Brice will be real competition) take over.

The longer it goes, the better for us. He seems to be having a hard time committing to moving away. He’s going to UW or Ohio State. He won’t go to Oregon.
    Nobody with a brain would tell ZTF to go pro after this season coming off the injury he’s had and the fact he’s got so little game film on tape

This is one of your worst takes
    The Colts? I think just drafted a guy in the 2nd rd coming off the same injury. I think its 50/50. I would bounce without looking back.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

I'm hearing from a very reliable source he's coming to UW. I heard the waiting thing is to help UW get all the hype about the signing, months after people stopped caring and moved onto the upcoming season.

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if the ZTF injury isn’t a benefit in regards to getting JT. He starts or at least gets rotational playing time outside and we need his size out there. Bowman and maybe ZTF are gone after this year. Him and Smalls (although McDonald and Brice will be real competition) take over.

The longer it goes, the better for us. He seems to be having a hard time committing to moving away. He’s going to UW or Ohio State. He won’t go to Oregon.
    Nobody with a brain would tell ZTF to go pro after this season coming off the injury he’s had and the fact he’s got so little game film on tape

The Colts? I think just drafted a guy in the 2nd rd coming off the same injury. I think its 50/50. I would bounce without looking back.
    Also had substantially more film than ZTF

ZTF has so little film out there at this point
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,925
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Taking an OV to UW the weekend of 6/4 according to Ektard

So he’s committing to the ducks on 6/3, great.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2021
    Tequilla said:

If he shows he’s healthy by January, why wouldn’t he go pro? If he shows he’s healthy again, go get paid. Guys that get injured still go pro all the time. Weird and somewhat archaic take by you, but okay. Returning and risking injury is always the smarter move. It worked out well for Trey Adams.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I have severe doubts JTT is factoring injuries to current DEs at schools and Ryan Bowman at all into his situation.
    Probably. Just saying there is a selling point about lots of playing time available. JT probably thinks he will start right away anywhere he goes (most recruits are deluded and believe that), but at UW he is pretty much guaranteed playing time at Buck/Sam (his preference) and not DT.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

If he shows he’s healthy by January, why wouldn’t he go pro? If he shows he’s healthy again, go get paid. Guys that get injured still go pro all the time. Weird and somewhat archaic take by you, but okay. Returning and risking injury is always the smarter move. It worked out well for Trey Adams.
    What is it with all the bad analogies in this thread? Trey had, what, 20+ starts when he suffered his injury? Again, ZTF has four. That's the entire point here - he has way too little film.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,621
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

What is it with all the bad analogies in this thread? Trey had, what, 20+ starts when he suffered his injury? Again, ZTF has four. That's the entire point here - he has way too little film.
    One season is enough. One half of a season of high level play and a million dollar body was enough for Tryon.

Is it a safe assumption that ZTF isn't going to play significant time thus year? I'm pretty sure you guys are right. Even an amazing recovery would have him trying to rehab into game shape, probably around mid-late season at best. He'll definitely needs another full season.
  • Options
    OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 589
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    chuck said:

Tequilla said:

One season is enough. One half of a season of high level play and a million dollar body was enough for Tryon.

Is it a safe assumption that ZTF isn't going to play significant time thus year? I'm pretty sure you guys are right. Even an amazing recovery would have him trying to rehab into game shape, probably around mid-late season at best. He'll definitely needs another full season.
    Also, even if he comes back this year he’s not going to be anywhere near what he was last year, 8 months out from this surgery. More like a full year to 15 months to regain his athleticism. He pretty much has to come back.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2021
    Any of you see Dylan Moses from Alabama went undrafted? How did returning to Bama work out for him? I think he at least had an insurance policy. But coming back is why he went undrafted. I doubt he would have after last year with the torn ACL. Someone would have taken a chance in the middle rounds. Hypothetical but still.

ZTF won’t be a first round pick ever after tearing his Achilles. Very likely too scary of injury. Take all the screenshots you need.

Yes, he has limited film and other examples have many more starts. If he comes back and gets hurt again, his career is basically over. One contract in the NFL > being an undrafted free agent with very little to no guaranteed money.

If he’s healthy by the end of next year and can test at the combine, he should go. This is a bad injury.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Any of you see Dylan Moses from Alabama went undrafted? How did returning to Bama work out for him? I think he at least had an insurance policy. But coming back is why he went undrafted. I doubt he would have after last year with the torn ACL. Hypothetical but still.

ZTF won’t be a first round pick ever after tearing his Achilles. Very likely too scary of injury. Take all the screenshots you need.

Yes, he has limited film and other examples have many more starts. If he comes back and gets hurt again, his career is basically over. One contract in the NFL > being an undrafted free agent with very little to no guaranteed money.

If he’s healthy by the end of next year and can test at the combine, he should go. This is a bad injury.

If he comes back healthy, racks up sacks and shows progress against the run, he'll do well. Jalen Phillips was a concussion casualty and out of football until he wasn't.

ZTF may not be a first rounder but he's not Dylan Moses who is very overrated. He was just ok and had lot of talent in front of and behind him.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147

Any of you see Dylan Moses from Alabama went undrafted? How did returning to Bama work out for him? I think he at least had an insurance policy. But coming back is why he went undrafted. I doubt he would have after last year with the torn ACL. Hypothetical but still.

If he wanted to hedge his bets, then sure, he could do that. But I don't think that's the kind of mindset he has. He wouldn't get picked before the fifth round if he left in '22, and in all likelihood would be an UDFA. Something tells me he'll try to play himself into the first round instead.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2021
    Baseman said:

If he comes back healthy, racks up sacks and shows progress against the run, he'll do well. Jalen Phillips was a concussion casualty and out of football until he wasn't.

ZTF may not be a first rounder but he's not Dylan Moses who is very overrated. He was just ok and had lot of talent in front of and behind him.
    Jalen Phillips was a first round pick despite being on a team that gave up 500+ yards rushing to North Carolina. Stopping the run is a bonus. Pass rushers are crucial at any level, but especially in the NFL.

Point is, if ZTF plays a couple games (or even if he doesn’t), shows he’s healthy, a team is picking a pass rusher like him fairly early provided he can run at the combine and is healthy after the Achilles tear.

Thinking he will come back next year, play great, nobody like Trice, Smalls, and possibly JT will be taking snaps from him is pretty doogish. Coming back is a bigger risk than being a mid round pick.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Phillips IMO would be a greater injury risk than ZTF long term
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Phillips IMO would be a greater injury risk than ZTF long term

Short but a dumb fucking take. @NeGgaPlEaSe please set this man straight