Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kyler Gordon, 2018 4* DB, Everett (Archbishop Murphy), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    AF9705 said:

AF9705 said:

Watch his senior film and tell me he's not a top 50 player in the country...

He's ridiculous. I think he's another tier above Jaiden Woodbey who's a 5* guy.

Okay.
    He’s not a top 50 guy. And he is not a tier above Woodbey.
    He is a tier below Irvin.
    He is a solid top 250 4 Star, not a top 100 guy.

Sounds like YDWHA
    I don’t have a clue what that means...
    But Gordon is not top 50.
    you didnt want him anyways.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    @Dennis_DeYoung and others:

how does Gordon compare to SMFJ, Baker, Murphy Jr and/or King at this stage in terms of skillset and impact?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Gladstone said:

how does Gordon compare to SMFJ, Baker, Murphy Jr and/or King at this stage in terms of skillset and impact?

Not one of the experts but size wise the comps are going to be Murphy or maybe a little SMFJ. He appears to have at least some of Murphy's ball skills. His athleticism obviously pops off the tape.

I don't see why he couldn't be just as good as Murphy or at least almost as good as Murphy.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Gladstone said:

I LOVE him as a FS, but he’ll be a killer slot guy and could easily bounce outside too. I think he might be the most versatile DB we’ve had come in, I’d compare him more to Rapp than any other guy you listed.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Gladstone said:

I LOVE him as a FS, but he’ll be a killer slot guy and could easily bounce outside too. I think he might be the most versatile DB we’ve had come in, I’d compare him more to Rapp than any other guy you listed.
    I see a little bit of Joyner in his game.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646

Gladstone said:

I see a little bit of Joyner in his game.
    Very fair.
  • Options
    AF9705AF9705 Member Posts: 181
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Gladstone said:

AF9705 said:

Watch his senior film and tell me he's not a top 50 player in the country...

He's ridiculous. I think he's another tier above Jaiden Woodbey who's a 5* guy.

Okay.
    He’s not a top 50 guy. And he is not a tier above Woodbey.
    He is a tier below Irvin.
    He is a solid top 250 4 Star, not a top 100 guy.

Once the pain of this subsides I do hope you stick around and post. At least in our CFB and TBS boards.
    Even though I personally haven’t been following some of the recruits UW is after I have seen their names & info over the past few weeks. I could probably find out more, but like I said the other day, Leroy Irvin ruled out UW a long time ago despite what the kid says. The dad is in charge of that situation.
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

his game reminds me of Sidney Jones, really smooth guy that moves effortlessly. Byron is just too fast twitch i dont think he on that level.
  • Options
    BallzDeep said:

AF9705 said:

BallzDeep said:

dnc said:

BallzDeep said:

Lol just watched his commitment video. Notre Dame coaches didn't know which way he was gonna go and he hat tricked their asses! Savage! FUCK NOTRE DAME

They knew at least 24 hours ago I'm sure.
    Not according to Notre Dame mod Tom Loy. He didn't tell them he committed to UW. They sent him a Notre Dame LOI just in case because they didn't know which way he was gonna go and he just said "thanks I appreciate it"
    ND & UW both knew before today.

And Tom Loy knows this, as did Steve Wiltfong, David McKinney, Corey Boden, Tim Prister, Bryan Driskell...all the ND people on the inside. Everyone knew.
    Notre Dame poster: "Does anyone know if he notified the staff?"

Tom Loy's response: "I don't believe he did."

That was 30 minutes ago. Like I said believe what you want but Loy has been pretty well connected to this one considering he was the obsession of their fan base this class and he called Gordon Notre Dame's #1 target. I like to believe he didn't directly tell them and they were watching his commitment with a sliver of hope and got their asses hat tricked.
    I know Tom, and Tom never would say Kyler Gordon is ND’s #1 target. Not bashing Kyler, but ND is after top 20 guys right now. And Gordon was never the obsession of the ND fan base. I can literally put on here the Gordon announcement thread from Rivals that had 12 posts. Or the 247 one since you are referring it.
    And the ND advanced recruiting director, Bill Rees, confirmed that ND knew. The UW & ND staffs aren’t stupid.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    AF9705 said:

BallzDeep said:

AF9705 said:

BallzDeep said:

dnc said:

BallzDeep said:

Lol just watched his commitment video. Notre Dame coaches didn't know which way he was gonna go and he hat tricked their asses! Savage! FUCK NOTRE DAME

Not according to Notre Dame mod Tom Loy. He didn't tell them he committed to UW. They sent him a Notre Dame LOI just in case because they didn't know which way he was gonna go and he just said "thanks I appreciate it"

And Tom Loy knows this, as did Steve Wiltfong, David McKinney, Corey Boden, Tim Prister, Bryan Driskell...all the ND people on the inside. Everyone knew.

That was 30 minutes ago. Like I said believe what you want but Loy has been pretty well connected to this one considering he was the obsession of their fan base this class and he called Gordon Notre Dame's #1 target. I like to believe he didn't directly tell them and they were watching his commitment with a sliver of hope and got their asses hat tricked.
    I know Tom, and Tom never would say Kyler Gordon is ND’s #1 target. Not bashing Kyler, but ND is after top 20 guys right now. And Gordon was never the obsession of the ND fan base. I can literally put on here the Gordon announcement thread from Rivals that had 12 posts. Or the 247 one since you are referring it.
    And the ND advanced recruiting director, Bill Rees, confirmed that ND knew. The UW & ND staffs aren’t stupid.
    Loy has been saying on twitter Gordon is their top defensive target for weeks...
  • Options

AF9705 said:

AF9705 said:

Now that it’s over I will put out some of the stories why I told you a few weeks ago Gordon was going to UW, despite the constant chatter about ND.

First, one of the guys who writes commitment stories & releases them nationally once a guy commits was informed to write it for Washington. That was told to him by multiple different people in the Gordon camp.

Second, despite the crap being put out there about him going to ND, he was never leaving home. Never. He always mentioned it to others & it was always his first concern.

Third, sources. I loved all the posts telling me that I was stupid because all I needed to do was follow Twitter traffic to know what a kid was doing. Lol. Guess what? Actually talking to people close to him or actually him is much, much better.

Fourth, and more towards the end (so the last week), is the early signing period & other DB’s. ND thought they were getting Irvin & Boykin informed Maryland he would not sign early & would wait until Feb to make his final decision. I asked a national recruiting analyst what this meant for ND in the end & he said “they will continue pushing for Julius Irvin and Noah Boykin, two players I have had ranked ahead of Gordon from the beginning.”
    So it sounds ND was really after Irvin & would take the first of Boykin or Gordon.

Side story: we all knew the decision a couple days ago (and I even told you that) because ND told Kyler if he was choosing ND to let them know, not to do some stunt. He told them he was announcing on TV, so they told him “thank you very much for your consideration, we wish you all the best at the University of Washington.” So ND & UW already knew, as did most of us, thus I told you he was going to UW even though you all argued with me.

Also a lot gayer. But, hey, do whatever floats your boat.
    So interviewing a person that contacts you is more gay than stalking them on Twitter & Facebook?
    I would kill myself if I had to interview these kids. So yes.
    Luckily I don’t.
    I just get sent the info nice & neat after its already been compiled & vetted.
  • Options

AF9705 said:

BallzDeep said:

AF9705 said:

BallzDeep said:

dnc said:

BallzDeep said:

Loy has been saying on twitter Gordon is their top defensive target for weeks...
    wtf r u doing following loy?
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

AF9705 said:

BallzDeep said:

AF9705 said:

BallzDeep said:

dnc said:

BallzDeep said:

wtf r u doing following loy?
    I don't follow Loy. You don't have to follow someone to see their tweets, king sped.
  • Options

AF9705 said:

BallzDeep said:

AF9705 said:

BallzDeep said:

dnc said:

BallzDeep said:

Houston Griffith, the 35th overall ranked player in the country was their top defensive back target. He announced last week. Their overall top target is Solo, the LB out of Cali. And Irvin was third behind those two.
    Tom wrote numerous articles about this & did podcasts about it.