Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What I'm Hearing

Comments

• godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club

TTJ said:

It's stupid to even be talking about this. It's simple: If UW wins the P12CG, they're in. If not, they're out.

Not if the big 10 has two teams ranked in the top 5
    Like last year?
    Just a small difference this year in that Oklahoma will move up to #3 this week and finding a loss on their schedule is a stretch.

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,698 Founders Club

Mad_Son said:

BearsWiin said:

Mad_Son said:

TSIO. USC and Oregon are both back and unstoppable juggernauts. Big 12 just locked up the 4th CFP spot so we have no chance there either. Sorry guys, it was fun while it lasted.

I like that narrative as long as we do our part and beat them.

... and then lose to Cal
    When the molly kicks in
    Rich, cool and 2-0.
    Stadium default, cool, and 2-0.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    godawgst said:

TTJ said:

It's stupid to even be talking about this. It's simple: If UW wins the P12CG, they're in. If not, they're out.

Not if the big 10 has two teams ranked in the top 5
    Like last year?
    Just a small difference this year in that Oklahoma will move up to #3 this week and finding a loss on their schedule is a stretch.

They can find a way.
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,024

Mad_Son said:

BearsWiin said:

Mad_Son said:

TSIO. USC and Oregon are both back and unstoppable juggernauts. Big 12 just locked up the 4th CFP spot so we have no chance there either. Sorry guys, it was fun while it lasted.

... and then lose to Cal
    When the molly kicks in
    Rich, cool and 2-0.
    People forget that Tom Holmoe started out 2-0 at Cal (his second win being against Oklahoma). People forget that.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    BearsWiin said:

Mad_Son said:

BearsWiin said:

Mad_Son said:

... and then lose to Cal
    When the molly kicks in
    Rich, cool and 2-0.
    People forget that Tom Holmoe started out 2-0 at Cal (his second win being against Oklahoma). People forget that.
    @Holmoephobia! True?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,950
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Mad_Son said:

... and then lose to Cal
    cal is 2-0 they going to get the plunger ready for us
    It's not pretty but they find a way to wiin
    You can say that again. If I have to watch that honkey sprinting down the sidelines, with the unmistakable stride of a white boy going full speed, I'm gonna puke.

We'll be lucky to win another game

You're about as old as Lou Holtz too; are you slobbering all over yourself these days when you get excited?
    This is all so stupid. When My Canes return from hiatus this year, the rest of it will be all academis. It's Miami's to lose.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club

This is all so stupid. When My Canes return from hiatus this year, the rest of it will be all academis. It's Miami's to lose.

Miami Hurricanes are fake news, low energy and overrated. They can't even run straight or sustain maximum effort. Sad!
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    This reminds me of Oregon after the 2011 title game, all this worrying, plotting and calculating about how to get back there, only to fuck it up with a missed Maldonado field goal or an out of bounds Stanford 'touchdown.' The only difference is you are not yet? an apex predator team like Oregon was (and will be again). So the meltdown is going to be entertaining when the losses start coming in.

edited September 2017

This reminds me of Oregon after the 2011 title game, all this worrying, plotting and calculating about how to get back there, only to fuck it up with a missed Maldonado field goal or an out of bounds Stanford 'touchdown.' The only difference is you are not yet? an apex predator team like Oregon was (and will be again). So the meltdown is going to be entertaining when the losses start coming in.

Cutting the head off a shitty, unranked, corn field snake by 7 at Autzen Arena is always special. But apparently Royce Freeman is BACK and ready to plunger the porous Husky run d-fence.
    A win is a win. It was fugly but we? will take it. Oregon is Jekyll and Hyde right now, if the first half team shows up this season, UO will easily be in contention for the PAC title, if the second half team shows up, UO will get plungered a few times.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,943 Founders Club

Cutting the head off a shitty, unranked, corn field snake by 7 at Autzen Arena is always special. But apparently Royce Freeman is BACK and ready to plunger the porous Husky run d-fence.
    A win is a win. It was fugly but we? will take it. Oregon is Jekyll and Hyde right now, if the first half team shows up this season, UO will easily be in contention for the PAC title, if the second half team shows up, UO will get plungered a few times.
    All kidding aside, it could be a hard fought game in Seattle this year. Way too early to see where each team is at but Oregon appears to have the makings of a more competitive team.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

The offense looks legit, but as teams see more tapes of this offense it will equalize things and you will need to rely on that defense which did not look good in the second half

The offense looks legit, but as teams see more tapes of this offense it will equalize things and you will need to rely on that defense which did not look good in the second half
    The defense will improve as the season wears on. Leavitt is the best d coordinator in the conference. It will take some time to work out the kinks but the change in effort being put forth compared to the Helfrich/Hoke regime is already palpable.