Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Lavon Coleman 2 carries Myles Gaskin 6 carries against mighty Griz

NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
edited September 2017 in Hardcore Husky Board

Comments

• BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    3 to 1. One and three. Gaskin to the Coleman.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

As I said last week when this same shit came up, Gaskin and Coleman don't need extra practice against Montana. It won't matter worth a fuck against pac 12 teams if they get 5 carries or 25 against Montana

Actually it would matter is they got 25 and were dinged .

Rest em up for conference
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    It was exactly like last week's game. Get people reps. See who's going to play in conference this year.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

TommySQC said:

As I said last week when this same shit came up, Gaskin and Coleman don't need extra practice against Montana. It won't matter worth a fuck against pac 12 teams if they get 5 carries or 25 against Montana

Actually it would matter is they got 25 and were dinged .

Rest em up for conference
    I was going to add that. Pete don't give a fuck about padding his players' stats
    I knew what you meant
  • uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    edited September 2017

It's Montana. Why give them a lot of carries?

If this was a game against a real team, I would maybe think otherwise. It's not though.

Because, as anybody that understands sports will tell you... you are good at what you practice.

If we can't run on Montana or Rutgers, how the fuck are we going to run on Oregon, Stanford, or any other Pac-12 team?

And it isn't just about Gaskin or Coleman, it is also about our OL doing run blocking against somebody other than our scout team or our own D.

uzi said:

If this was a game against a real team, I would maybe think otherwise. It's not though.

Because, as anybody that understands sports will tell you... you are good at what you practice.

If we can't run on Montana or Rutgers, how the fuck are we going to run on Oregon, Stanford, or any other Pac-12 team?

And it isn't just about Gaskin or Coleman, it is also about our OL doing run blocking against somebody other than our scout team or our own D.
    They were even shittier at running the ball in the first three games of last year. LIPO
    And look how that worked for us when it came time to play good defenses (USC, Bama).

uzi said:

uzi said:

They were even shittier at running the ball in the first three games of last year. LIPO
    And look how that worked for us when it came time to play good defenses (USC, Bama).
    So you're saying that if we had let Gaskin and Coleman run wild against Portland State, we would have run all over Bama and USC?
    I'm saying if we prioritized the run in all games, we'd be better at the run in big games.

I don't see other good teams trying to save their RBs from getting dinged up, it is a pussy excuse.

Pete himself has said we need to prioritize the run more... you think you know better than him?

Something is wrong with our run game, and it needs to be fixed, or we will be back to 3rd place in the Pac12 North.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited September 2017
    Wow there's a lot of hidden sucking SmithFS off in this thread. Absolutely no excuse for not running when it's a glaring weakness. And for all those worried about dinging up the running backs, fuck off. Because having your QB (white) leading the team in rushing (among starters) makes more sense.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797

Wow there's a lot of hidden sucking SmithFS off in this thread. Absolutely no excuse for not running when it's a glaring weakness. And for all those worried about dinging up the running backs, fuck off. Because having your QB (white) leading the team in rushing (among starters) makes more sense.

I agree with this so much, I'm gonna quote it a second time.

There.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Scrimmages are serious business.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    uzi said:

uzi said:

uzi said:

So you're saying that if we had let Gaskin and Coleman run wild against Portland State, we would have run all over Bama and USC?
    I'm saying if we prioritized the run in all games, we'd be better at the run in big games.

I don't see other good teams trying to save their RBs from getting dinged up, it is a pussy excuse.

Pete himself has said we need to prioritize the run more... you think you know better than him?

Something is wrong with our run game, and it needs to be fixed, or we will be back to 3rd place in the Pac12 North.
    We ran the ball well in every game but one. We didn't run well against Alabama because they were dominant up front. Nobody could run on them.

We ran fairly well against USC, especially in the first half. We abandoned it way too early.