Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Lavon Coleman 2 carries Myles Gaskin 6 carries against mighty Griz

13»

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I fully agree with you guys saying UW should be running the ball. I just don't expect the 1-2 guys to be featured. They should be getting 10-15 carries between them. Ahmed, Mcgrew and the other guy should be getting 20-30 carries and 150-200 yards between them.

The alarming thing for me is that Gaskin and Coleman aren't getting 150 yards on their 10-15 scrimmage carries. I don't think the UW offense and Smith suck. I know they do. Browning isn't the problem. The OL isn't the problem. The whole scheme is the problem. Smith's roll the dice manner of play calling is the problem.

Well put, wanna bang?
    Nah I'm not what you guys are into. Being a true 90s man means I'm nearly as old as racebannon and my good banging days are in the past. It also means I'm very sensitive and more into snuggling.

Plus I'm not an 18 year old boy with exquisite hips or a gutter slut with cocaine on my ass which rules out banging with you or swaye, respectively.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,873 Standard Supporter

It's just that smith and Pete don't really value the run game as much as other teams do. It's disappointing beyond belief for me, but it is what it is until Pete decides to lean on the run game instead of his QB who should be a game manager.

In short, the offense is the exact same as last year, we'll do well enough against shit teams, and when we face a team with good athletes or a sound defense we will struggle.

Good news is the PAC12 is mostly shit defenses.

You said it best last year. Babushka does not value first downs. Who gives a fuck about putting up stats. It should be about running an efficient time control offense and have an amazing d
    In two weeks we can just cut and paste all the posts from last year. It's the same shit, only worse without Tedford there to bitch slap Smith from time to time.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,873 Standard Supporter
    edited September 2017
    chuck said:

I fully agree with you guys saying UW should be running the ball. I just don't expect the 1-2 guys to be featured. They should be getting 10-15 carries between them. Ahmed, Mcgrew and the other guy should be getting 20-30 carries and 150-200 yards between them.

The alarming thing for me is that Gaskin and Coleman aren't getting 150 yards on their 10-15 scrimmage carries. I don't think the UW offense and Smith suck. I know they do. Browning isn't the problem. The OL isn't the problem. The whole scheme is the problem. Smith's roll the dice manner of play calling is the problem.

• AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840

It's just that smith and Pete don't really value the run game as much as other teams do. It's disappointing beyond belief for me, but it is what it is until Pete decides to lean on the run game instead of his QB who should be a game manager.

In short, the offense is the exact same as last year, we'll do well enough against shit teams, and when we face a team with good athletes or a sound defense we will struggle.

Good news is the PAC12 is mostly shit defenses.

The weird thing is if you look at Petersen's history at BSU as the OC and the HC, he really did value the running game then. I don't know if his philosophy changed since he got to UW or if he just gives Smith too much autonomy (any is too much in my book).