Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sam Huard, 5* 2021 QB, Burien (Kennedy), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RealRhino said:

Thank God for Sam Huard because the 2020 QBs are not good. I know DDY will throw a hissy fit like the feminine cunt he? is, but I wouldn't even sign one. Save the spot for a player that might turn into something.

I knew I was onto something here. It's catching as I predicted.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,827
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

RealRhino said:

Thank God for Sam Huard because the 2020 QBs are not good. I know DDY will throw a hissy fit like the feminine cunt he? is, but I wouldn't even sign one. Save the spot for a player that might turn into something.

Would you say it's fine if we don't take a stud QB in 2020 as long as we take a stud QB in 2021?
    No but it’s our best option in comparison to the shit options we have. Depth is a concern though.
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

RealRhino said:

Would you say it's fine if we don't take a stud QB in 2020 as long as we take a stud QB in 2021?
    Trick question. I'd say there are no stud QBs in 2020, so don't take a mediocre player just to fill numbers (unless you literally just need bodies on the roster).
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RealRhino said:

RealRhino said:

Trick question. I'd say there are no stud QBs in 2020, so don't take a mediocre player just to fill numbers (unless you literally just need bodies on the roster).
    There are studs just not any that like us.

I don’t see a world where both yankoff and jacobis stick around. Both are better than Lindquist and will hit that transfer portal with vengeance.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RealRhino said:

I don’t think the coaches should put all their eggs in one basket. It’s too important of position and injuries happen. A lot of QB’s transfer too.
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

RealRhino said:

RealRhino said:

I don’t see a world where both yankoff and jacobis stick around. Both are better than Lindquist and will hit that transfer portal with vengeance.
    Who? I admit I haven't watched Littlefield (?) or the guy going to Ohio State. I just saw 247's #1 pro QB was DJ U. and their #1 dual-threat QB was Bryce Young. Now, since I take "dual-threat" QB to mean "not a QB" and DJ isn't very good, I assumed everybody below them wasn't that good. Was I wrong? Is there somebody else?
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    RealRhino said:

RealRhino said:

RealRhino said:

Who? I admit I haven't watched Littlefield (?) or the guy going to Ohio State. I just saw 247's #1 pro QB was DJ U. and their #1 dual-threat QB was Bryce Young. Now, since I take "dual-threat" QB to mean "not a QB" and DJ isn't very good, I assumed everybody below them wasn't that good. Was I wrong? Is there somebody else?
    DJ is really fucking good but he’s either going to Oregon or Clemson or will pursue MLB. Bryce Young is also good but he really shouldn’t be considered a dual threat. But because he’s short and black, he’s a dual threat. Bush was still pursuing Bryce all fall even though he committed to USC. There’s a handful of other upper tier QBs, but this class is a bad QB class because it drops off drastically after about 6-8 guys.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RealRhino said:

RealRhino said:

RealRhino said:

I was referring to our local hero 4 🌟 who came in with Cyler and never transferred out because he realized he had no career in the NFL and came to play school.

With the portal the way it is, I’m thinking it’s likely that one transfers to try and be the next Baker Mansfield or (insert a transfer qb from this yr that will undoubtly light it up and turn them selves into a 1st rounder).
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,292
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I'm pretty against passing on a QB for a class because so many guys transfer/bust/whatever. But with the options left for 2020 I think we should consider going after Clay Millen and just take 2 '21 guys instead.
    It really sucks he hasn't started on varsity yet or we would have a better idea of how good he is. He would probably rather go to Oregon than sit behind Huard anyway, but still.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,501
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    I wish all the kennedy and ec kids played on the same team. It’d be comedy to see them just kill people in state.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Yeah, he clearly would have to wait his turn behind Morris who has 2 years in the system and experience from playing mop up duty.

Morris can make that throw too.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2019
    How the fuck do these defenders actually get burned deep? If someone won a jump ball that’s one thing, but there are guys 5-10 yards open. It’s crazy. It’s one hand touch so you don’t even have to worry about open field tackling. Bad coaching, idiot players... All that.