Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sam Huard, 5* 2021 QB, Burien (Kennedy), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    bigcc said:

chuck said:

Been saying since I saw his first hudl as a frosh against Prep in Husky Stadium and it continues to be the case. At his stage he’s the best QB I’ve seen on film.

Everything is effortless, easy, smooth, on point.

I remember people on dawgman his frosh year saying he doesn’t look like he has a great arm. The only reason they said that is they have been watching Browning have to use every ounce of effort to throw the ball 35 yards down the field. And when you have to do that your trajectory takes a hit. Sam has such a great arm that he can just loop the ball in with multiple trajectories on his throws.

We are truly blessed.

Have you seen him make many throws down field with zip? I know his long ball is beyond good. I wish there were some clips of him making some intermediate to long throws with velocity just to see it. I know the arm strength is there but I'd love to see him show hemakes this throws as well as he does the looping long balls.
    I don't think he has Eason's arm but it doesn't matter. He has more than enough arm to make all the throws and his touch and accuracy are just insane.

The only question about Huard is can he handle a pass rush and taking a hit and how many HS QB's do we really know the answer to that question?

It wouldn't hurt him to grow another inch or two taller either but this is just picking nits. He's damn near perfect.
    6'2 as a sophomore, both uncles 6'4, dad 6'3, would be pretty surprised if he is done growing
    And even if he doesn't he's the best QB recruit in the country, any class. I take him as is over any of them. Accuracy is the most important ability for a QB for me and Huard's is generational.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

Been saying since I saw his first hudl as a frosh against Prep in Husky Stadium and it continues to be the case. At his stage he’s the best QB I’ve seen on film.

I remember people on dawgman his frosh year saying he doesn’t look like he has a great arm. The only reason they said that is they have been watching Browning have to use every ounce of effort to throw the ball 35 yards down the field. And when you have to do that your trajectory takes a hit. Sam has such a great arm that he can just loop the ball in with multiple trajectories on his throws.

We are truly blessed.

Have you seen him make many throws down field with zip? I know his long ball is beyond good. I wish there were some clips of him making some intermediate to long throws with velocity just to see it. I know the arm strength is there but I'd love to see him show hemakes this throws as well as he does the looping long balls.
    DIAFF
    You feminine little cunt. Can he throw the ball hard or not?
    I laffed.
    I'm glad. For real. Really not my nature to be so rude ut I thought you could handle it.

I don't doubt Huard at all, and I don't overrate the need for a junior in HS qb to throw Bret Favre-like rockets into invisible windows. Touch and timing are harder things to learn than rifling the ball.

On the other hand, Brock threw the ball very similarly to Sam, and had a hard time when the play called for a hard throw, especially as he got more and more shellshocked and threw everything off his back foot. He was a finnesse thrower only which hampered him.

When I watch Sam's highlights all I see are loopy finnesse throws, albeit ridiculously perfect ones. I was just wondering if anyone has seen him fire the ball down field on a rope.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,965
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

We are truly blessed.

DIAFF
    I laffed.
    I'm glad. For real. Really not my nature to be so rude ut I thought you could handle it.

I don't doubt Huard at all, and I don't overrate the need for a junior in HS qb to throw Bret Favre-like rockets into invisible windows. Touch and timing are harder things to learn than rifling the ball.

On the other hand, Brock threw the ball very similarly to Sam, and had a hard time when the play called for a hard throw, especially as he got more and more shellshocked and threw everything off his back foot. He was a finnesse thrower only which hampered him.

When I watch Sam's highlights all I see are loopy finnesse throws, albeit ridiculously perfect ones. I was just wondering if anyone has seen him fire the ball down field on a rope.
    My professional opinion is that Huard has plenty of arm strenf. He's doesn't have a rifle like Eason yet, and he may never, but he's a guddam sophomore, and it's plenty strong. We'll see when he's 6'4 210-220. Shoo buddy.
  • Options
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

We are truly blessed.

DIAFF
    I laffed.

Sam doesn’t have enough arm strength to consistently throw off his back foot. Thankfully he’ll have the OL and coaching where that shouldn’t be an issue.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

We are truly blessed.

DIAFF
    I laffed.

My professional opinion is that Huard has plenty of arm strenf. He's doesn't have a rifle like Eason yet, and he may never, but he's a guddam sophomore, and it's plenty strong. We'll see when he's 6'4 210-220. Shoo buddy.
    There's more to it than physical ability though. There's a mentality that goes with a QB who knows he can out throw a closing safety across the middle or a cb trying to undercut an out route. Guys like Favre or Jeff George had it to a fault. Brock Huard could have used just a touch of it...of course it would have required stepping into a throw which he stopped doing altogether.
  • Options
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

We are truly blessed.

DIAFF
    I laffed.

There's more to it than physical ability though. There's a mentality that goes with a QB who knows he can out throw a closing safety across the middle or a cb trying to undercut an out route. Guys like Favre or Jeff George had it to a fault. Brock Huard could have used just a touch of it...of course it would have required stepping into a throw which he stopped doing altogether.
    Not a bomb but he throws this one on a rope

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I feel fairly confident in saying that Huard will start as a true freshman
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

I feel fairly confident in saying that Huard will start as a true freshman

Seems likely though Pete is Uber loyal so if Sirmon or Yankoff really take goldbrick of the job in 2020 it could take Sam a little while to beat them out. If Haener or (please God) Eason starts in 2020 Huard will start from day one rather easily.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,827
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

We are truly blessed.

DIAFF
    I laffed.

Not a bomb but he throws this one on a rope

Fucking pumped these two will be playing together at udub.
  • Options

He’s Russell Wilson with better top end speed. The question is does he have Russ’ durability which I’d bet against (hard), but if he does he’s a franchise QB rather easily.

No he's not. He's even more of a midget than Wilson. No taller than 5'9. Weaker arm than Wilson. Smaller hands than Wilson. Gripping and throwing a bigger NFL ball will be a problem for him. Did not show the ability to consistently stand in the pocket and throw the ball in college. Mostly a scrambler and runner which doesn't work in the NFL. Too short to see past the O-line. Great college player but like Johnny Manziel he doesn't have what it takes to be a pro QB.
    What do you know, height superiority guy is wrong again.

Guess Murray visited the chiropractor since this post.

• Options
    edited February 2019

He’s Russell Wilson with better top end speed. The question is does he have Russ’ durability which I’d bet against (hard), but if he does he’s a franchise QB rather easily.

he has smaller frame, russell is surprisingly thick
    Murray is 1/2 an inch shorter at the combine but 3 pounds heavier than Wilson was.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Comparing kyler to johnny is a red herring.

the problem with manziel is more his brain and lifestyle than his actual physical attributes or abilities.

Flutie was 5'9".

Obviously being smaller stature makes success in the pros alot more challenging ... but someone is going to give kyler a shot in the first round.

Having said all this, being of smaller stature means he will have to outperform in other areas to compensate. Not impossible but leaning towards unlikely.
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Thank God for Sam Huard because the 2020 QBs are not good. I know DDY will throw a hissy fit like the feminine cunt he? is, but I wouldn't even sign one. Save the spot for a player that might turn into something.