Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sam Huard, 5* 2021 QB, Burien (Kennedy), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

Does his commitment hurt 2020 qb recruitment?

Probably, but we were already out on our top two 2020 guys: DJ is looking Oregon/Clemson/entering baseball draft and Young committed to USC. I don’t think they were in a rush to offer a replacement(s) yet anyways so take the elite 2021 kid now and alleviate some pressure on the 2020 QB recruiting
    I wouldn't be surprised if DJ goes top 75 in the MLB Draft and gets 3 million and signs.
    I would’ve said the same thing back in the spring but not so sure now. It’ll be interesting to see how the Kyler Murray thing finishes out.
    Baseball, guaranteed money, end of story.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    DawgFader said:

Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

Probably, but we were already out on our top two 2020 guys: DJ is looking Oregon/Clemson/entering baseball draft and Young committed to USC. I don’t think they were in a rush to offer a replacement(s) yet anyways so take the elite 2021 kid now and alleviate some pressure on the 2020 QB recruiting
    I wouldn't be surprised if DJ goes top 75 in the MLB Draft and gets 3 million and signs.
    I would’ve said the same thing back in the spring but not so sure now. It’ll be interesting to see how the Kyler Murray thing finishes out.
    Kyler was able to secure both; guaranteed top 10 money and the ability to play QB in the CFP on with a heisman run. And now there’s questions on what he might do next. Most people think DJ is both a better QB and MLB prospect than Kyler, so who knows what he might be able to negotiate.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Domicillo said:

DawgFader said:

Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

Kyler was able to secure both; guaranteed top 10 money and the ability to play QB in the CFP on with a heisman run. And now there’s questions on what he might do next. Most people think DJ is both a better QB and MLB prospect than Kyler, so who knows what he might be able to negotiate.
    Kyler is definitely going MLB. He is not a NFL QB. He would get killed. I am still shocked that Billy Beane let him play this year at Oklahoma. DJ is fascinating in that he has the size for both sports. It all depends how much he can get from MLB teams. If he can get over 2 mill he should go that direction.
  • Options

Domicillo said:

DawgFader said:

Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

Kyler is definitely going MLB. He is not a NFL QB. He would get killed. I am still shocked that Billy Beane let him play this year at Oklahoma. DJ is fascinating in that he has the size for both sports. It all depends how much he can get from MLB teams. If he can get over 2 mill he should go that direction.
    Historically yes, that would be what’s expected but things have changed a lot. Nobody thought a MLB team would draft a college football player in the top ten, give him a slot value gaurenteed bonus and then allow him to immediately go play football instead of reporting to rookie ball. Now Kyler’s very publically considering entering early for the nfl draft and is considered right now to be a mid first to mid second round pick in the nfl.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2018/12/08/heisman-hopeful-kyler-murray-doubles-down-on-2-sport-dream/amp/

DJ is a potential number one overall pick in mlb and also possibly a number one pick in the nfl down the road. The amount of leverage he’s gonna have over the next 12-18 months is insane, we’re not talking about some “2 million dollar kid”.

The age of player empowerment is trickling down to high school/college kids now and I’m just intrigued to how it all plays out with both Kyler and DJ.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

DawgFader said:

Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

Historically yes, that would be what’s expected but things have changed a lot. Nobody thought a MLB team would draft a college football player in the top ten, give him a slot value gaurenteed bonus and then allow him to immediately go play football instead of reporting to rookie ball. Now Kyler’s very publically considering entering early for the nfl draft and is considered right now to be a mid first to mid second round pick in the nfl.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2018/12/08/heisman-hopeful-kyler-murray-doubles-down-on-2-sport-dream/amp/

DJ is a potential number one overall pick in mlb and also possibly a number one pick in the nfl down the road. The amount of leverage he’s gonna have over the next 12-18 months is insane, we’re not talking about some “2 million dollar kid”.

The age of player empowerment is trickling down to high school/college kids now and I’m just intrigued to how it all plays out with both Kyler and DJ.
    DJ doesn't have as much leverage as you think. MLB draft has slots for each pick so they can't really over pay for him or else they risk losing other players they draft. He will be a given an ultimatum. Take the 2-4 million or so or go to college for 3-4 years and risk injury. If DJ doesn't go in the top 15 he will be going to college. From what I have seen and baseball is my background, he should play football. Murray should play baseball. He seems more serous about football. He has a guy at UCLA in John Savage that could turn him into a great pitcher but it doesn't sound like that is an option.

Murray is not a NFL QB so his decision will be very easy. Beane letting Murray play football was dumb because it wasted a year of development and pushes him back to 2022 which he will be a 24 year old rookie.
  • Options

Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

DawgFader said:

Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

DJ doesn't have as much leverage as you think. MLB draft has slots for each pick so they can't really over pay for him or else they risk losing other players they draft. He will be a given an ultimatum. Take the 2-4 million or so or go to college for 3-4 years and risk injury. If DJ doesn't go in the top 15 he will be going to college. From what I have seen and baseball is my background, he should play football. Murray should play baseball. He seems more serous about football. He has a guy at UCLA in John Savage that could turn him into a great pitcher but it doesn't sound like that is an option.

Murray is not a NFL QB so his decision will be very easy. Beane letting Murray play football was dumb because it wasted a year of development and pushes him back to 2022 which he will be a 24 year old rookie.
    I think how Kyler plays this out...does he go back on his handshake deal with the A’s, does he try to do both, does he head off to spring training in Feb. will play a role in how creative teams may be with how they consider DJ as a Mlb draft prospect. I think there is leverage their for him on mlb, but more so on these football schools to cater to any demands that his family may decide to pursue. I’m just interested to see how it all plays out.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    If we are comparing MLB to the NFL, the only thing going for QB’s is the fame aspect. The NFL’s players union is not very good at negotiations.

Bo Knows...and he’s the only person in the history of sports to be able to do both at an all star level. Smart kids parents tell them to take the guaranteed money. Top 75 above slot gets 2 plus mil. Pretty good spot to get started from.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    if he can be a first round pick in the NFL I would say it's the better route. If you at least try you can probably be a life time back up and do very well for 10 years or so with very little harm to the body.

If he can get to the majors and stick obviously that's more money, but that's a big if.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    You think Murray is a first rounder? To project what a college QB might do leading to a first rounder selection vs MLB slotting and guaranteed money is why most dual sport kids never play a snap. The A’s were stupid to let Murray do it.

Sam Huard is God!!!! Streaming down my Apple IIe.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    DawgFader said:

You think Murray is a first rounder?

i don't know, some scouts already think he may be. Wouldn't know for sure until the underwear olympics and teams dive in on all the film. This year you have Haskins, Herbert and Greer that would be above him or his competition to be selected. It comes down to how many teams would be in the market for one and who knows on that at the moment and if they are willing to use a first round pick on him. Even though he may be graded as a fringe first rounder, those QB's sometimes go way higher because they are limited (see Josh Allen).

For Sure

Jax
    NYG
    Denver

Maybe

Tampa Bay
    San Diego
    Redskins
    Miami
    Cincy
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    The A’s didn’t pay him the full 4mm bonus. Under the CBA, they were not required to.

CBA superiority guy
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    AEB said:

The A’s didn’t pay him the full 4mm bonus. Under the CBA, they were not required to.

CBA superiority guy

Its held in escrow.

But still...
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    While you guys are talking nonsense or as some Americans call it “baseball”, I’m dreaming of Sam Huard and JT Tuimoloau running train some hoes (as long as it’s not DJ Rogers’ girlfriend) at winter formal with ties tied around their heads, a half gal of barbarosa, and talking about how many thetas they are going to bag after winning AT LEAST TWO NATTIES
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,925
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    CrawfishCrawfish Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

While you guys are talking nonsense or as some Americans call it “baseball”, I’m dreaming of Sam Huard and JT Tuimoloau running train some hoes (as long as it’s not DJ Rogers’ girlfriend) at winter formal with ties tied around their heads, a half gal of barbarosa, and talking about how many thetas they are going to bag after winning AT LEAST TWO NATTIES

Wtf dude...
  • Options
    Crawfish said:

Wtf dude...
    Purple Reign it in LeMichelle.