Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Michael Yon's post on North Korea and the geopolitical game being played - War now seems imminent

Comments

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    The North would be in their own vacuum if China would put the lid on them. That's the only peaceful solution I see. Moar toothless SANCTIONS!!!! won't help.

That or @coupdawg to lead the way.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

Russia and China will do nothing militarily against the US if the US decides to preemptively strike the fat boy. Too much for them to lose in retaliatory strikes. The window of opportunity is ours to take him out.

Getting millions of our ally's civilians killed to maybe take him out seems bad.
    Getting millions of our ally's civilians killed to maybe take out Adolph Hitler seemed bad too.
    Before or after he invaded Poland?
    Neville Chamberlain POTD.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,019 Founders Club

Russia and China will do nothing militarily against the US if the US decides to preemptively strike the fat boy. Too much for them to lose in retaliatory strikes. The window of opportunity is ours to take him out.

Getting millions of our ally's civilians killed to maybe take him out seems bad.
    Getting millions of our ally's civilians killed to maybe take out Adolph Hitler seemed bad too.
    Before or after he invaded Poland?
    Neville Chamberlain POTD.
    CHRIST. Everything is Munich 1938 Most Overused Historical Analogy of All Time POTD.
    To not cross the red line and PUNISH the DPRK is to throw Seoul under the bus, which is exactly the same as throwing Japan and the wider southeast Asian nations, plus Australia, Indonesia, the Philippines, and in the long run, India under the bus. American credibility is being severely tested, which is precisely the goal of China and Russia. The DPRK is the low risk/high reward stooge in this massive geopolitical power play, but given their resources and dependence on the kindness of "strangers", they have no choice in this game of brinkmanship.

What a FS observation here... So how do we PUNISH the Norks exactly so as not to throw Seoul under the bus? There is no preemptive military solution here with an acceptable level of civilian casualties that eliminates the N Korean w/ the bomb problem.

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    We should just continue to let N-Kim refine and build a nuclear arsenal until it's fair. This way, nobody will ever get killed.
    doogie said:

We should just continue to let N-Kim refine and build a nuclear arsenal until it's fair. This way, nobody will ever get killed.

People forget the last time we let an Asian, lunatic Dictator get the bomb and keep it, and we didn't do a god damned thing about it.

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,860
    I can't keep up with boorswiins acronyms and metaphors.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited September 2017

dflea said:

Trump should grow a fucking pair and deal with that sawed off little cunt in N Korea since Obama was too big a pussy to do anything during his tenure.

If Trump pusses out, too, I'll be surprised. If he lights that little fucker up, I'll have to take back some of the shit I've been talking about him.

Millions of dead South Koreans home land Americans would help Trump IMO.
    Boobs stay the fuck away from me in a fight, Jesus. You remind me of the punk who talks a lot of shit in a bar and wonders why someone just punched you in the face 3 times before you even put your hands up

It's called Collateral damage. And I highly doubt if US strikes with full force , non nuclear, he would have the chance to do anything other than wipe the shit from his ass. MOAB is nothing compared to what we have for him.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

dflea said:

Trump should grow a fucking pair and deal with that sawed off little cunt in N Korea since Obama was too big a pussy to do anything during his tenure.

If Trump pusses out, too, I'll be surprised. If he lights that little fucker up, I'll have to take back some of the shit I've been talking about him.

Boobs stay the fuck away from me in a fight, Jesus. You remind me of the punk who talks a lot of shit in a bar and wonders why someone just punched you in the face 3 times before you even put your hands up

It's called Collateral damage. And I highly doubt if US strikes with full force , non nuclear, he would have the chance to do anything other than wipe the shit from his ass. MOAB is nothing compared to what we have for him.
    So you're telling me the US can take out NK's entire artillery without them getting shots off into Seoul?
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Da fuq? Crack a book.
    edited September 2017

dflea said:

So you're telling me the US can take out NK's entire artillery without them getting shots off into Seoul?
    Do any of us know? Cyber hacks, EMP's etc
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

dflea said:

So you have no idea.

Cool.

dflea said:

So you have no idea.

Cool.
    GRAA
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    Can we just firebomb NK Dresden style?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,860
    salemcoog said:

Swaye said:

Can we just firebombwater NK Dresdenpilgrim style?

Those peaceful motherfuckers took a big fat shit all over the red man.

Sry swaye
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

doogie said:

People forget the last time we let an Asian, lunatic Dictator get the bomb and keep it, and we didn't do a god damned thing about it.

Yes, So we should do that again.
    Swaye said:

Can we just firebomb NK Dresden style?

Fun fact: USAAF and Bomber Command BBQ'd Dresden in Feb 1945. However, the Germans kept sending V-2 rockets into London well into March/April 1945. So apparently firebombing doesn't take out ballistic missiles.
    salemcoog said:

doogie said:

Yes, So we should do that again.
    We didn't have a viable preemptive military solution then, nor do we here. We had to suck it up and accept the risk of China as a nuclear weapons state, and that may be the case again here. What's your tuff, non-Obama-eqsue solution to get us out of this fix?