Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Treshaun Harrison Update

Comments

• Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Da fuq is happening with this kid?
  • Options
    BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2017
    animate said:

Hmmnn ... Guess he's not "okg" - fuck I hate that term.

Anyways, Pete probably is intrigued by the talent but may need too much maturation or adult supervision at this time despite the apparent high ceiling.

Not worth the risk, time and effort? Hmmmnn ...

Pistol Pete kicked Marcus Peters off the team even though it's evident how talented he is with the way he's performing in Kansas City. Peterson's coaching style only works when the player buys into the OKG cult mentality
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    who cares if he has a little diva in him
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2017
    Okay, so I checked in today and basically Tre'Shaun is waiting on the coaches. If Taggart stays, he's re-committing. If he leaves, then he'll start to look into other schools. UCLA is not a lock at all. He's dead set on Oregon until Willie leaves. Will get back when I learn more, prob tomorrow.
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Okay, so I checked in today and basically Tre'Shaun is waiting on the coaches. If Taggart stays, he's re-committing. If he leaves, then he'll start to look into other schools. UCLA is not a lock at all. He's dead set on Oregon until Willie leaves. Will get back when I learn more, prob tomorrow.

If taggart leaves you know which schools he might look into??

It cannot be just a disagreement on position on why treshaun doesn't seem interested in uw? Any insight on his relationships with the uw coaches?

• Options

It cannot be just a disagreement on position on why treshaun doesn't seem interested in uw? Any insight on his relationships with the uw coaches?

I will find out tomorrow as to the schools. I guess we? might have cooled on him.
  • Options

I will find out tomorrow as to the schools. I guess we? might have cooled on him.
    That makes zero sense to me. Kid is electric with the ball in his hands. Could be a game changer for us as a wr, rb, and db... this guy is a pure athlete.

Either he does not like the coaching staff similar to what throckmorton went thru or Pete doesn't wanna bring in a kid with Marcus peters type personality... either way this odd that uw cooled on him after we offered him so early in the process plus he's a Seattle kid... hopefully this doesn't kill us for smalls down the road
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054

That makes zero sense to me. Kid is electric with the ball in his hands. Could be a game changer for us as a wr, rb, and db... this guy is a pure athlete.

Either he does not like the coaching staff similar to what throckmorton went thru or Pete doesn't wanna bring in a kid with Marcus peters type personality... either way this odd that uw cooled on him after we offered him so early in the process plus he's a Seattle kid... hopefully this doesn't kill us for smalls down the road
    I feel like the Peters comp is a bit much. A kid doesn't need to be a complete diva for the relationship not to click.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    He's "dead set on Oregon" ... sounds like Oregon/Nike got into his blood.

Like Fozzy, Stanford in his blood since grade 7/8.

When you identify with a team at a young age it's hard to override it. That's how I see it.

That's not to say you stop trying to recruit a guy ... It's just you're up against more obstacles.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    Gladstone said:

Losing Fozzy was inexcusable. Get out of here with that doog shit.

Nah, that's how it shook down. Call it what you will.

Fozzy was lost a long time ago ... and our shit ol recruiting couldn't drag him back from furd.

Despite our recent success we just couldn't flip him.

That's why strausser out and metalhead in.

• Options
    SlmdawgSlmdawg Member Posts: 94
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    tvoie said:

Huffman says 99.99% Harrison is leaving WA state for college

That means he'll be 99.99% injured for the rest of the season. Fight On.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Really do not know why we wouldn't be desperately trying to get him. These guys never grow on trees, especially not in your own damn backyard. Garfield is a 10 min bus ride from U District.

On another note, I was out sick today, so earliest I learn more is tomorrow. Will keep updating as I get info.
  • Options

Really do not know why we wouldn't be desperately trying to get him. These guys never grow on trees, especially not in your own damn backyard. Garfield is a 10 min bus ride from U District.

On another note, I was out sick today, so earliest I learn more is tomorrow. Will keep updating as I get info.

i think for whatever reason treshaun and the uw staff are not getting along.... would be nice to have someone like Gerald Alexander on staff
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054

A Petersen led UW is never going to chase after a player who really isn't interested at all. There has to be something there.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,378
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gonna get doogie and say fuck him if he can't see the best option is right in front of his face.

And if the deal is he just ain't an OKG, no amount of talent is going to make him one in Peterman's big brain.

Case closed.

• Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

A Petersen led UW is never going to chase after a player who really isn't interested at all. There has to be something there.
    Not sure why some people don't get that some kids just
    want to go to school out of state. My god half our roster is from
    California. Not saying this is the case with Harrison just wonder
    why people always dismiss it when a local kid picks elsewhere.