Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Its sad to see how far oil changes have fallen

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club
Stopped in at a Valvoline joint to get an oil change. Get out of the car to talk and the kid tells me its a drive through and I need to get back in the car. I laugh at him and stand there and say let's talk about what I want and I don't want to sit in my car for 15 minutes when its 95 out. The tech behind him starts laughing.

So I tell him what I want and go in the waiting room. They ask for my name. Then my last name. Then my address and phone number

You don't need it I say.

We can't do the work if we don't have it (not so clever marketing ploy by some fuck head at Valvoline HQ)

I go its 1234 Your Street Anytown USA

Now the guy behind the desk wants to fight. This is a specialty of mine. Getting people to want to kill me.

I'm ready to LEAVE so he somehow gets the computer to set the job.

Chick comes in with my dirty air filter that they took our back and rubbed in the dirt (ask Swaye). I say fine put a new one in. 25 dollars she says. I start laughing and so does she.

I get out of there for 150 bucks for a 60 dollar job at most places. I tell them of the only one chance to make a first impression theory of business and that they failed miserably.

I hate people. People hate me. Circle of life

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,019 Founders Club

Stopped in at a Valvoline joint to get an oil change. Get out of the car to talk and the kid tells me its a drive through and I need to get back in the car. I laugh at him and stand there and say let's talk about what I want and I don't want to sit in my car for 15 minutes when its 95 out. The tech behind him starts laughing.

So I tell him what I want and go in the waiting room. They ask for my name. Then my last name. Then my address and phone number

You don't need it I say.

We can't do the work if we don't have it (not so clever marketing ploy by some fuck head at Valvoline HQ)

Now the guy behind the desk wants to fight. This is a specialty of mine. Getting people to want to kill me.

Chick comes in with my dirty air filter that they took our back and rubbed in the dirt (ask Swaye). I say fine put a new one in. 25 dollars she says. I start laughing and so does she.

I get out of there for 150 bucks for a 60 dollar job at most places. I tell them of the only one chance to make a first impression theory of business and that they failed miserably.

I stopped going to the bull shit grease monkeys years ago for this very reason. Been working with 3 different Toyota service departments now and even though base price is a bit higher (say $60) for 5000 mile service, the CS is fine and they haven't once tried to sell me some shit I didn't need.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    I just went to 15,000 mile /synthetic chintervals to reduce the fucktardedry
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

You don't need it I say.

I lost a lot of respect for you when you started bashing Sark. Helps the Valvoline Joint IMO.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    If you're paying $60 for an oil change, just go to the dealership
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

I hate dealerships too though. I like the impulse buy of an oil change at these shit places
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

AZDuck said:

I hate dealerships too though. I like the impulse buy of an oil change at these shit places
    Which is it? You like the impulse buy or you hate it? I'm just trying to figure out the narrative.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    AZDuck said:

For $60 he gets the Waiting Room and it also includes an oil change.

Some people go to Starbucks for coffee, some go to Sugar''s esspresso
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    AZDuck said:

I do my own and it still costs double.

7.5L of 10w60 Castrol TWS or Amsoil 5w50 + Mahle filter = $120 Wholesale.

9L of 5w40 Castrol or Euroblend Amsoil 5w40 + Mahle filter = $110 Wholesale.

That's just parts. Sounds like you guys drive turds. @Dennis_DeYoung in the Mas gets it....maybe the @thechatch as well.

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    MisterEm said:

AZDuck said:

I do my own and it still costs double.

7.5L of 10w60 Castrol TWS or Amsoil 5w50 + Mahle filter = $120 Wholesale.

9L of 5w40 Castrol or Euroblend Amsoil 5w40 + Mahle filter = $110 Wholesale.

That's just parts. Sounds like you guys drive turds. @Dennis_DeYoung in the Mas gets it....maybe the @thechatch as well.

I hate cars so yes my car does suck
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,216 Standard Supporter
    I do all my own work. I refuse to let idiots touch my stuff. Only time they get me is when it's something with the computers that I can't do.