Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Its sad to see how far oil changes have fallen

124»

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,664 Standard Supporter
    My driver who looks like Morgan Freeman takes care of all car maintenance.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,019 Founders Club

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Swaye said:

Sledog said:

dflea said:

Sledog said:

I do all my own work. I refuse to let idiots touch my stuff. Only time they get me is when it's something with the computers that I can't do.

You're a fucking donkey.
    You're just angry I won't let you work on my car. I certainly wouldn't go to the Jiffy lube you work at. Does the ankle GPS monitor get caught on stuff much?
    Whoa. I was employee of the month. Twice. Until they took that one away when I guided a car straight into the pit. But I still have the other one. HOF shit.

Back in high school I had a job washing cars and mopping floors at a local BMW/MBZ/Volvo service shop. On the weekends I would go there for 4-5 hours by myself, remove all the cars from the building (or raise them if they were on lifts), and give the place a thorough mopping. One Monday I went in after school to check in, and my boss sternly asked me if I had anything to tell him. I said no, and he told me that I had bent a MBZ 450SEL grill by raising a car on a Benwil lift that the mechanic had unhinged the hood and had placed it vertically. I guess when I lifted the car, the vertical hood had hit the ceiling rafters and bent the grill slightly so that when the mechanic tried to close the hood, the grill hit wrong (easy fix, just bending the grill back into place). I protested that if I had known that I had done it, I certainly would have told my boss about it, but I had turned off the lift right as it impacted so I didn't realize it had hit anything. Boss decided to belive me, gave me a short lecture on paying attention when handling other people's expensive cars, we have a reputation to uphold yada yada. As one would expect, the mechanics gave me shit about it.

For exactly one week. For the following week, a senior mechanic working in the same stall, with the same Benwil lift, unhinged a MBZ hood and put it vertical, then lifted the car up. Hood crashed into the rafter beam, driving the corners of the hood down into the body and puncturing the fenders on both sides. Major body/paint work required. Never heard about my little grill incident again.
    I worked at circuit city in the car audio department in high school and we weren't allowed to get tips but we accepted beer as payment. So people would drop off an 18 pack in the bed of my truck. And we would sit in the back and drink it.

Nothing special.
    Sometimes an owner would see me finishing up washing his car as he came to pick it up, and try to tip me. I'd always politely refuse, even though my boss had told me that I could accept. I figured I was already getting paid, and it was good for the shop's reputation for integrity.
    Beer is always acceptable.

It was pretty solid. Back before the economy fell out shit was diff.

It was my first job and I got paid like 12 bucks an hour plus free beer.. As a high school kid I thought I was rich
    My first job, too, in 1985. Started at $3.75/hr.
    Have you gotten a raise yet?
    Sometimes the wife lets me drive the Lexus

Minimum wage at the time was $3.35. They raised me to $5/hr pretty quickly, which was better than my friends were getting busing tables at Marie Callender's or fucking Happy Steak. Part-time jobs for high school kids in 1980's Modesto pretty much paid for gas money and Taco Bell runs (get it?), but not much else
    This was @BearsWiin in HS

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QOgqUHk-zDY
    Yep. Was supposed to be San Rafael. Actually filmed in modesto.
    Story was set in Modesto. Supposed to film in San Rafael but switched last minute to Petaluma. Shout out to Lagunitas.
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,028
    edited August 2017
    Supposed to be Modesto, filmed in Petaluma because Modesto didn't look enough like Modesto. That clip has hills in the background. Modesto doesn't have any fucking hills.

George Lucas Downey High Class of 1963. My childhood dentist was a classmate of his. I was in the chair one time in 1983 and he told me about when he went to the 20-year high school reunion and traded nametags with George (they both have brown hair and beards) so George would be left alone by any local media. George had a nice quiet evening talking with former classmates, and my dentist fielded media questions about ROTJ.

We did our share of cruising in my friend's '66 Buick Electra 225. Thing was fucking huge.

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    BearsWiin said:

Supposed to be Modesto, filmed in Petaluma because Modesto didn't look enough like Modesto.

George Lucas Downey High Class of 1963. My childhood dentist was a classmate of his. I was in the chair one time in 1983 and he told me about when he went to the 20-year high school reunion and traded nametags with George (they both have brown hair and beards) so George would be left alone by any local media. George had a nice quiet evening talking with former classmates, and my dentist fielded media questions about ROTJ.

Race was there
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,860

Does he give you wise advice
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,860

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Swaye said:

Sledog said:

dflea said:

Sledog said:

I do all my own work. I refuse to let idiots touch my stuff. Only time they get me is when it's something with the computers that I can't do.

You're a fucking donkey.
    You're just angry I won't let you work on my car. I certainly wouldn't go to the Jiffy lube you work at. Does the ankle GPS monitor get caught on stuff much?
    Whoa. I was employee of the month. Twice. Until they took that one away when I guided a car straight into the pit. But I still have the other one. HOF shit.

Back in high school I had a job washing cars and mopping floors at a local BMW/MBZ/Volvo service shop. On the weekends I would go there for 4-5 hours by myself, remove all the cars from the building (or raise them if they were on lifts), and give the place a thorough mopping. One Monday I went in after school to check in, and my boss sternly asked me if I had anything to tell him. I said no, and he told me that I had bent a MBZ 450SEL grill by raising a car on a Benwil lift that the mechanic had unhinged the hood and had placed it vertically. I guess when I lifted the car, the vertical hood had hit the ceiling rafters and bent the grill slightly so that when the mechanic tried to close the hood, the grill hit wrong (easy fix, just bending the grill back into place). I protested that if I had known that I had done it, I certainly would have told my boss about it, but I had turned off the lift right as it impacted so I didn't realize it had hit anything. Boss decided to belive me, gave me a short lecture on paying attention when handling other people's expensive cars, we have a reputation to uphold yada yada. As one would expect, the mechanics gave me shit about it.

For exactly one week. For the following week, a senior mechanic working in the same stall, with the same Benwil lift, unhinged a MBZ hood and put it vertical, then lifted the car up. Hood crashed into the rafter beam, driving the corners of the hood down into the body and puncturing the fenders on both sides. Major body/paint work required. Never heard about my little grill incident again.
    I worked at circuit city in the car audio department in high school and we weren't allowed to get tips but we accepted beer as payment. So people would drop off an 18 pack in the bed of my truck. And we would sit in the back and drink it.

Nothing special.
    Sometimes an owner would see me finishing up washing his car as he came to pick it up, and try to tip me. I'd always politely refuse, even though my boss had told me that I could accept. I figured I was already getting paid, and it was good for the shop's reputation for integrity.
    Beer is always acceptable.

It was pretty solid. Back before the economy fell out shit was diff.

It was my first job and I got paid like 12 bucks an hour plus free beer.. As a high school kid I thought I was rich
    My first job, too, in 1985. Started at $3.75/hr.
    Have you gotten a raise yet?
    Sometimes the wife lets me drive the Lexus

Minimum wage at the time was $3.35. They raised me to $5/hr pretty quickly, which was better than my friends were getting busing tables at Marie Callender's or fucking Happy Steak. Part-time jobs for high school kids in 1980's Modesto pretty much paid for gas money and Taco Bell runs (get it?), but not much else
    This was @BearsWiin in HS

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QOgqUHk-zDY
    Yep. Was supposed to be San Rafael. Actually filmed in modesto.
    Try harder race. I know cirrhosis is your alter ego to drum up activity on the tug.
    BearsWiin said:

Supposed to be Modesto, filmed in Petaluma because Modesto didn't look enough like Modesto. That clip has hills in the background. Modesto doesn't have any fucking hills.

We did our share of cruising in my friend's '66 Buick Electra 225. Thing was fucking huge.

Lot of my kin came out of Turlock including my great gandpappy who played baseball at Cal (too high) class of 1914. Remember the lack of hills well in Turlock. People forget that George Lucas first California film gig was as camera man for the Stones infamous Altamont show. Fuck Woodstock and the peace and love shit; biker gangs for security or GTFO.
    Christ, Turlock is like the anus of Modesto.
    BearsWiin said:

So Modesto > Turlock > Los Banos? The whole Central Valley is an anus hole, albeit the most productive agricultural anus hole in the history of human civilization.

BearsWiin said:

So Modesto > Turlock > Los Banos? The whole Central Valley is an anus hole, albeit the most productive agricultural anus hole in the history of human civilization.
    Los Banos is a bleeding polyp on the anus of Modesto
    edited August 2017

Does he give you wise advice
    No. I seek counsel from Louis and Billy Ray.

• CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Los Banos is a bleeding polyp on the anus of Modesto
    Why do you hate gustine?
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    When I was in college, my car broke down in Coalinga. That sucked pretty bad.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,559 Founders Club
    edited August 2017
    I went out with this annoying, psucho bitch a few years ago. She went to Jiffy Lube or something once. I'll give her credit, that personality came in handy. The second they tried any upselling, she told them to fuck off in almost those words and they immediately backed way off and shut up. Cool story bro

I went out with this annoying, psucho bitch a few years ago. She went to Jiffy Lube or something once. I'll give her credit, that personality came in handy. The second they tried any upselling, she told them to fuck off in almost those words and they immediately backed way off and shut up. Cool story bro

Pics of the chick and her lube. Stat.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Swaye said:

Sledog said:

dflea said:

Sledog said:

You're a fucking donkey.

Nothing special.
    So what your saying is that the first 3 inches were consensual.