Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

An anonymous PAC 12 coach says our offense is nothing special

Comments

• puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    So when Pup brings up reality the post gets buried? Ok, the huskies will go 12-0 in conference, beat SC, tOSU and Bama for title. You guys are a pathetic bunch. the one guy who predicted all this success is getting buried for saying the dawgs have forces asdide from win-losses working against them (as i said repeatedly 4 years ago) in playoff committee

In '14 i said the big12 or ND would deny Petersen a spot in '17 playoff. I thought then Texas would be back and no way the committee would take UW over them. Even without a conchamp game. Now they have a "conchamp" game you can bank on it. No matter what UW does, the big12 aint getting left out again nor is ACC. Pac12 is out by default. I called it then and stand by it today. Sans maybe USC. Pup is so brilliant

If UW goes ujndefeated and beats SC they are in. Only scenario uness other conferences have 2 losses, even at 1 loss no guarasntee though. Last years schedule will hurt UW this year. Think about it i need to move on.

Steel2 and I talked about tthis today. Oklahoma could lose to buckeyes, lose to okie st, then beat them in the fake big12 conchamp game and get into playoff over 13-1 Pac12 champ UW. Why? Because the big 12 wont be denied playoff 2 years in a row. Politics will detetmine 4th playoff spot, not merit.

Usc will get in atg 13-1. Not UW with their noncon schedule. There you have it. Pete's gone undefeated before. Either they do or its new years 6.

Ok bury reality again you homer motherfuckers. Baaze, a football topic, join in for once
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,943 Founders Club

So when Pup brings up reality the post gets buried? Ok, the huskies will go 12-0 in conference, beat SC, tOSU and Bama for title. You guys are a pathetic bunch. the one guy who predicted all this success is getting buried for saying the dawgs have forces asdide from win-losses working against them (as i said repeatedly 4 years ago) in playoff committee

In '14 i said the big12 or ND would deny Petersen a spot in '17 playoff. I thought then Texas would be back and no way the committee would take UW over them. Even without a conchamp game. Now they have a "conchamp" game you can bank on it. No matter what UW does, the big12 aint getting left out again nor is ACC. Pac12 is out by default. I called it then and stand by it today. Sans maybe USC. Pup is so brilliant

If UW goes ujndefeated and beats SC they are in. Only scenario uness other conferences have 2 losses, even at 1 loss no guarasntee though. Last years schedule will hurt UW this year. Think about it i need to move on.

Steel2 and I talked about tthis today. Oklahoma could lose to buckeyes, lose to okie st, then beat them in the fake big12 conchamp game and get into playoff over 13-1 Pac12 champ UW. Why? Because the big 12 wont be denied playoff 2 years in a row. Politics will detetmine 4th playoff spot, not merit.

Usc will get in atg 13-1. Not UW with their noncon schedule. There you have it. Pete's gone undefeated before. Either they do or its new years 6.

Ok bury reality again you homer motherfuckers. Baaze, a football topic, join in for once

Pup, there are way too many variables at play to say that a 13-1 UW won't get in. What are the odds that all the conference champs from the other power 5s (or ND) will all have 1 or fewer losses? If USC is a highly ranked team at the finish and if we can beat them, that's a pretty huge bump to the resume.
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,024
    5th in conference in ypg, 1st in conference in ppg. That suggests that the offense is efficient, the defense/ST scores a lot, or a little of both.

Not sure why the comment would be seen as a dig. It's a good offense so far, but this conference has seen USC and Oregon offensive juggernauts in the last dozen years. Those were special; UW's might still be.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771

So would UW not get in because of "politics" or because of their ooc schedule? If Oklahoma has 2 losses, 1 to the Ohio State, and gets in over UW because UW didn't play anyone ooc how is that not merit based? It seems like you're just talking out of your ass.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904

"They don’t blow you away offensively, but the quarterback doesn’t make a lot of mistakes and they don’t give him more than he can handle. He was playing with a dinged-up shoulder at the end of last season, but he’s very accurate with the ball and he’s only going to get better coming into his junior year.” - Anonymous PAC 12 Coach
    https://athlonsports.com/college-football/pac-12-coaches-talk-anonymously-about-conference-foes-2017

That's Peterman's quote

BearsWiin said:

5th in conference in ypg, 1st in conference in ppg. That suggests that the offense is efficient, the defense/ST scores a lot, or a little of both.

Not sure why the comment would be seen as a dig. It's a good offense so far, but this conference has seen USC and Oregon offensive juggernauts in the last dozen years. Those were special; UW's might still be.

People forget that the 2010 and 14 Oregon juggernauts could only muster 19 and 20 pts respectively in their shots at the natty. It's still possible to shut down a good to great offense.
    No, they don't forget that. They do remember that Chip's offense was really fucking good for several years, and it got them to two NC games despite having suspect defenses.

Love gettin buried . Means im gettin through to you dough heads and you hate admitting it. Puppylove..puppylove...puppylove.
  • HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170

"They don’t blow you away offensively, but the quarterback doesn’t make a lot of mistakes and they don’t give him more than he can handle. He was playing with a dinged-up shoulder at the end of last season, but he’s very accurate with the ball and he’s only going to get better coming into his junior year.” - Anonymous PAC 12 Coach
    https://athlonsports.com/college-football/pac-12-coaches-talk-anonymously-about-conference-foes-2017

Did that come from a coach that we beat by 50 or one that we only beat by 40?
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

People forget that the 2010 and 14 Oregon juggernauts could only muster 19 and 20 pts respectively in their shots at the natty. It's still possible to shut down a good to great offense.
    No, they don't forget that. They do remember that Chip's offense was really fucking good for several years, and it got them to two NC games despite having suspect defenses.
    Actually Oregon defenses were good. Just ran into better teams. And when you cant control clock, and dont care to you get fickered. All about trenches. Oregon got out-trenched twice.

Thing is, Oregon had good lines. Just not enough to compete with SEC lines. (tOSU had an SEC DL; and a big10 Oline).
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    Dumb fucks think we run a 3-4 defense. We run a 2-5-9. Idiots.

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Actually Oregon defenses were good. Just ran into better teams. And when you cant control clock, and dont care to you get fickered. All about trenches. Oregon got out-trenched twice.

Thing is, Oregon had good lines. Just not enough to compete with SEC lines. (tOSU had an SEC DL; and a big10 Oline).
    Never a top-10 ppg defense. #12 in 2010, #13 in 2013. 2009 was #52, 2011 was #52, 2012 was #25, 2014 was #31. Defenses underperformed compared to the offenses, which were top-5 ppg 2010-2014, and #8 in 2009.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    dnc said:

UW gets in at 13-1.

Stone cold lead pipe lock.

Especially since they only play 13 games max before the playoff.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,519 Founders Club

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

So you admit that SEC is a superior conference.
    Bammer, LSU and maybe two other teams have really good d lines, or it's been like that in the past ten years. I honestly don't watch a lot of SEC football. No QB is worth anything though.

Media idiots saying the first six SEC teams are all better than the best Big 10 team are what people can't stand.

You guys are worse than the pussies from dawgman. You rail on Peter for 2-3 years because he went 7-6, jump on wagon @ 12-2, then bury Pup for being critical of forces in play against him and more pathetic, the reality the huskies will lose 3-4 in '18 and suddedndly after 4 years you have husky pride. Again, you fucks arent getting on wagon. Jump on hawgs wagon, sounders, storm...you dug your graves bitches ...

Get sun bow l tickets for 18 now. Maybe Holiday. But el pas o is nice juzt in case. Baze, save a post that matters. I might change to holiday after spring 18. Just gotta see who stays