Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Nathan Kalepo, 2019 4* OL, Seattle (Rainier Beach), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

NEsnake12 said:

Fozz is once in a decade prospect. The best OL prospect from WA in this century. Fuck, wish Chris would have fired strauser a year earlier

Fozzy wasn't coming here no matter who the OL coach was. He had his heart set on Stanford for years
    This is the definition of a Doog poast.
    Fozzy said this himself iirc.

I said this!

And fuck anyone who disagrees with me lol.

I think Fozzy really thought twice after the Stanford game.

But in the end, Shaw didnt leave. That other Texas ol Walker little committed to Stanford ... And Fozzy followed through with his sentiment that had been stewing since the eighth grade.

He knows that Petersen has a good thing going on Washington ... But it was a little too late ...
  • Options

animate said:

NEsnake12 said:

Fozz is once in a decade prospect. The best OL prospect from WA in this century. Fuck, wish Chris would have fired strauser a year earlier

Fozzy wasn't coming here no matter who the OL coach was. He had his heart set on Stanford for years

I said this!

But in the end, Shaw didnt leave. That other Texas ol Walker little committed to Stanford ... And Fozzy followed through with his sentiment that had been stewing since the eighth grade.

He knows that Petersen has a good thing going on Washington ... But it was a little too late ...
    If you think people can/do tell you (or know themselves) why they do stuff then you are dumber than @BallzDeep.
    I know Fozzy went to Stanford. What's your excuse?
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    animate said:

animate said:

NEsnake12 said:

I said this!

If you think people can/do tell you (or know themselves) why they do stuff then you are dumber than @BallzDeep.
    So you think that kids...

A) know why they do things?
    B) accurately report them in the media?
    C) correctly consider the counterfactuals in which they were recruited by an amazing coach at UW who they developed a connection with / and take that into consideration before they speak with the media?

You're making a great point!
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

guys can't we just be happy Oregon passed on him because of concerns over his academis?

I don't buy that for a second. The only kid I have ever heard Oregon back off from for grades is Kadeem Carey. That kid literally had a 1.2 GPA and an SAT under 800. I'm talking about highly rated kids.

I think the kid made a smart choice. Oregon has six sophomore lineman, three will start for the next three seasons. They have five freshman lineman, and four more already committed for next year.

Could that kid make the rotation? Maybe so, but if he is a slow learner, developer, or gets a serious injury he is buried with no real relief from just waiting it out.

The kid seems to be a stud and it's a great get for UW. The silver lining is it probably doesn't hurt Oregon much.
  • Options

animate said:

animate said:

NEsnake12 said:

I said this!

C) correctly consider the counterfactuals in which they were recruited by an amazing coach at UW who they developed a connection with / and take that into consideration before they speak with the media?

My point is great!

Ball is in your court.

Because ... Fozzy went to Stanford. Despite our awesome coach, despite the writing on the wall that the better choice was UW.

So, you tell me why he went to the farm.

Because his mom wanted him at Stanford? I'll buy that.

Kids, who have been recruited for years in Fozzys case, aren't savvy enough to play with social media or media pressure? C'mon ....

As for your c point, consider that he'd already been sold by Shaw first. In essence, he popped his cherry at the farm. Petersen, whom we all love, was just too late to give him enough of an amazing blowjob to sway him. He's already been taking pics with his boy Walker little at some stanford ov dinner, all smiles and shit. None of that ever was portrayed in the media featuring any Washington recruits or with any of Washington's staff.

Kids at Fozzys level, for the most part, are pretty savvy, yet they are still 17, I get that.

He was going to Stanford, UW didnt do enough even though they did more than I could have imagined going to the playoffs.

More importantly, Stanford didn't fall enough. Shaw didnt leave, not enough raping at the farm so that Fozzys mom ended up disgusted ... That kinda shit.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    animate said:

animate said:

animate said:

NEsnake12 said:

I said this!

My point is great!

Ball is in your court.

Because ... Fozzy went to Stanford. Despite our awesome coach, despite the writing on the wall that the better choice was UW.

So, you tell me why he went to the farm.

Because his mom wanted him at Stanford? I'll buy that.

Kids, who have been recruited for years in Fozzys case, aren't savvy enough to play with social media or media pressure? C'mon ....

As for your c point, consider that he'd already been sold by Shaw first. In essence, he popped his cherry at the farm. Petersen, whom we all love, was just too late to give him enough of an amazing blowjob to sway him. He's already been taking pics with his boy Walker little at some stanford ov dinner, all smiles and shit. None of that ever was portrayed in the media featuring any Washington recruits or with any of Washington's staff.

Kids at Fozzys level, for the most part, are pretty savvy, yet they are still 17, I get that.

He was going to Stanford, UW didnt do enough even though they did more than I could have imagined going to the playoffs.

More importantly, Stanford didn't fall enough. Shaw didnt leave, not enough raping at the farm so that Fozzys mom ended up disgusted ... That kinda shit.
    This is literally the dictionary definition of being a Doog. Fuck off and die. Or just go to dawgman where this kind of logic is welcomed.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    5 years ago, losing Fozzy was a massive blow for the program because our ability to adequately backfill a high end in-state talent that goes elsewhere wasn't a pretty picture. Put simply, we weren't getting Merle's and Curne's.

Winning helps to cure these issues. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't trade Fozzy for Cole Noogie right now because I absolutely would (a Bain + Kirkland + Fozzy OL class would have been amazing).

Recruiting in-state SHOULD lead to a higher likelihood of commitment (the whole expected value thing) ... but the days of us looking at in-state guys and taking DDY 2's simple because they are in-state also isn't the right path forward given our goals and aspirations. These guys no longer become early offers but instead when they have great senior years we pounce ... see Joe Tryon.

The key at this point forward is getting the best 18-20 player class possible ... we can be a lot more selective now as we are in on a lot more bigger fish ... losing some of them hurt but only if we can't get comparable talent to sign.

And BTW, from what I saw on Fozzy's tape, he looks like he has a chance to be an elite G but I need to see more of his feet before I think he's a solid T at the college/pro level
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment

My final last ditch plea to Nathan Kalepo, I am bringing out the big guns here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ty2igAlOQg

Mother of all that is holy. You crossed over to a place you cannot return. you poor soul.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

5 years ago, losing Fozzy was a massive blow for the program because our ability to adequately backfill a high end in-state talent that goes elsewhere wasn't a pretty picture. Put simply, we weren't getting Merle's and Curne's.

Winning helps to cure these issues. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't trade Fozzy for Cole Noogie right now because I absolutely would (a Bain + Kirkland + Fozzy OL class would have been amazing).

Recruiting in-state SHOULD lead to a higher likelihood of commitment (the whole expected value thing) ... but the days of us looking at in-state guys and taking DDY 2's simple because they are in-state also isn't the right path forward given our goals and aspirations. These guys no longer become early offers but instead when they have great senior years we pounce ... see Joe Tryon.

The key at this point forward is getting the best 18-20 player class possible ... we can be a lot more selective now as we are in on a lot more bigger fish ... losing some of them hurt but only if we can't get comparable talent to sign.

And BTW, from what I saw on Fozzy's tape, he looks like he has a chance to be an elite G but I need to see more of his feet before I think he's a solid T at the college/pro level

Teq, when I write this shit I get told by ddy to fuck off and die and that I'm a big ol' doog.

When you write this shit it's hands off because you have two L's in your handle and you drink Buffalo Trace.

Well, I guess I can't compete with that

In any case, the forecast says we're an 80% team. Wr, db is humming along. We're worried about hiccups replacing Lake but we're not worried because it's established.

Hufftallicca appears to have overcome fears of mediocre recruiting by landing Mele, kalepo etc.

In the next couple of years if defensive line recruiting picks up appropriately with either malloe producing or leaving and then bringing in someone to produce - then we'll have the full package and we'll be concentrating on staying top ten and "rebuilding" every year as Petersen would have us drink the koolaid.

As we bring up the concentration of 4* or better in the program to closer to UCLA levels were just going to be fucking awesome ...

So there, ddy!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    If it makes you feel better ... DDY gives me tons of shit (see my thoughts on recruiting Texas ...

There's more than one way to get things done and solve the puzzle ...

It's also why I give DDY shit when things like getting Bolton/Curne immediately after our Texas pod discussion ... as some here would say I'm rarely right, guess I need to celebrate those rare instances that I am