Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Johnny Wilson, 2020 5* WR, Calabasas, CA (Offered 7/14/17)

Comments

• Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gotta think it's UW, Oregon, and OSU for him. Don't think he'll pick the other 2.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    edited January 2019

Gotta think it's UW, Oregon, and OSU for him. Don't think he'll pick the other 2.

I’m not taking Texas out of the running for anyone now, they’ve got the fastest rising stock in the country right now
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

He’s so fucking good.

Pretty fucking sweet that even without a WR coach the last year hasn’t stopped us? from getting a hat on the table.

Also. Lolololololol at USC.
  • Options
    UW and Oregon are the only two school that were in both his top 6 he posted back in July, and his new top 5
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,838
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nice job of replying to his tweet. Keep it up losers!
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2019
    Do you guys know what drugs I’ve replaced Joe Ngata with since he committed to Clemson?

Fuck I’ve mentioned it every single time I’ve posted in this thread but that’s what my therapist told me to do when I told her about how much Joe hurt me.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,838
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Do you guys know what drugs I’ve replaced Joe Ngata with since he committed to Clemson?

Fuck I’ve mentioned it every single time I’ve posted in this thread but that’s what my therapist told me to do when I told her about how much Joe hurt me.

Pics of your drug induced benders or LEAVE
  • Options
    ThoroughDawgThoroughDawg Member Posts: 186

Pics of your drug induced benders or LEAVE
    He’s here isn’t he?
  • Options
    There’s no way Junior Adams fucking lands Johnny Wilson even with Bush’s help, right?
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

There’s no way Junior Adams fucking lands Johnny Wilson even with Bush’s help, right?

A world could exist
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,981
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Mango, you need a sunnier disposition. Take some Vitamin D. Why couldn't we land Wilson?
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054

Junior Adams is going to be good.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

I sure fucking hope so. All he’s gotta do is get Johnny Wilson and Jalen McMillan in a time where USC and Stanford are down, Urban Meyer has left Ohio State, Tosh Lupoi is no longer in college football, and Oklahoma won’t be seen as a real threat because they just took three 5-star WR’s in one class, the first time in the Rivals/Scout era that any team has done so.

With Skinny showing recruits UDUB isn’t a complete train wreck offensively, and with the fact that at one point the biggest dumpster fire in college football, got commitments from Bru McCoy, Kyle Ford, Puka Nacua, and Drake London, it shouldn’t be as difficult as people make it seem for UDUB to get Johnny Wilson, Jalen McMillan in 2020, and Emeka Egbuka, Lonyatta Alexander, and Beaux Collins in 2021. But if anything less than that does happen, someone must be held responsible for it.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    NEsnake12 said:

I sure fucking hope so. All he’s gotta do is get Johnny Wilson and Jalen McMillan in a time where USC and Stanford are down, Urban Meyer has left Ohio State, Tosh Lupoi is no longer in college football, and Oklahoma won’t be seen as a real threat because they just took three 5-star WR’s in one class, the first time in the Rivals/Scout era that any team has done so.

With Skinny showing recruits UDUB isn’t a complete train wreck offensively, and with the fact that at one point the biggest dumpster fire in college football, got commitments from Bru McCoy, Kyle Ford, Puka Nacua, and Drake London, it shouldn’t be as difficult as people make it seem for UDUB to get Johnny Wilson, Jalen McMillan in 2020, and Emeka Egbuka, Lonyatta Alexander, and Beaux Collins in 2021. But if anything less than that does happen, someone must be held responsible for it.
    We need to have high expectations, but Lubick's bullshit has us hitting out of a sand trap going into 2020.

I think it's a little over the top to say "someone needs to be held responsible" if we don't land the top 2 WRs on the West coast for 2020. We've offered 7 WRs so far... I think a failure is more like only landing anything less than 1 of Wilson/McMillan and 1 of the other guys
    Agree
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    NEsnake12 said:

We need to have high expectations, but Lubick's bullshit has us hitting out of a sand trap going into 2020.

I think it's a little over the top to say "someone needs to be held responsible" if we don't land the top 2 WRs on the West coast for 2020. We've offered 7 WRs so far... I think a failure is more like only landing anything less than 1 of Wilson/McMillan and 1 of the other guys
    I’d usually agree but the WR class on the west coast isn’t very good this year. I love John Humphreys but it sounds like he’s already cut us out of it. Gary Bryant is good but he’s 5’9 and we all know how tired I am of small WR’s (unless you land BOTH Wilson & McMillan). This has to be looked at case by case. If I were to say this about the 2016 class that we NEED to get Vaughns & Harry it would be different because we are already huge favorites for these guys. Even last year with McCoy and Ngata I wouldn’t have said get both.

All those other reasons I listed cannot be ruled out. The only west coast competition for these two is Oregon. Bush has been in on Johnny Wilson since he was 14 and was the first school to ever recruit him. Jalen was very high on Oklahoma and hasn’t been since. Notre Dame and UCLA will probably be his other schools with Oregon, UDUB has to beat. If we want to be what we all talk about on here, the top 2-5 needs to be the standard where at the minimum you get 1 out of 2. We got the top 2 DT’s on the west coast and 3 out of the best 4. Instead of thinking that’s an anomaly, we need to set that bar as the standard.

If I’m cooking dinner and ask for ingredients for that dinner and you go to the store and forget to bring back a whole section of the list of ingredients, don’t be mad when I ask you to go back to the store and get them.
  • Options
    https://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/la-sp-usc-football-recruiting-20190201-story.html full story in LA Times if interested. A few specific UW references in there as well.
  • Options
    No more fucking excuses. Close him.