Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Should UW fire coach Pete?

BreadBread Member Posts: 4,010
Yes he's a great coach and all, but he's a bit stubborn. His OKG system is scaring recruits away and he's not taking top athletes because they are not OKGs, like TreShuan Harrison. He can only get so far with 3 star scrubs.
He's also getting out recruited by Willie Taggart when Oregon didn't even make a bowl game, this is unacceptable. I would be willing to trade coach Pete to Oregon for Taggart.

Comments

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,696 Founders Club
    Aszk oregonblitzkunt!
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
    edited July 2017
    Neither edgy enough nor a molder of men, so to speak.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    I vote yes, he needs to step up his gif game too. I've had enough of his slacking.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Link please

Could be fun
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    Because I hate the Washington Huskies and you're going to suck again soon and it's literally the funniest thing on the internet when it happens.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Because I hate the Washington Huskies and you're going to suck again soon and it's literally the funniest thing on the internet when it happens.

You're illiterate. Fix that before you try to talk shit.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    Find anybody that played for Don James to restore the Don James era.

Or:

For next coaching hire: http://wildcatsports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=538&path=football
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
    edited July 2017
    uzi said:

The funny thing is, that a buddy of mine that played under Don James says some similar stuff to me -- about how Pete won't get raw athletes as good as Sark got because the very best raw athletes might not be OKGs... this guy also predicts a drop off on our D when all of the Sark recruits are gone. He was pissed when Pete kicked a handful of Sark recruits off the team. This guy still thinks Pete is a great coach, but wants him to chill on the OKG thing and take a chance on a few more inner city kids that only have 2.0 high school GPAs. He says Don James wouldn't have kicked those kids off the team, he would have found a way to make them fit. He thinks Pete is trying too hard to recruit only Stanford quality smart kids, and missing out on some of the very best athletes.

I pointed out to this buddy that Pete is getting guys (like Budda Baker) that wouldn't have come here if Sark was still the coach. He said "yeah, but still".

Cool story, I know.

Except they always forget that most "raw athletes" are dudes that got by on athleticism alone and never learned how to do basic things like... you know, block and tackle.

I will always despise the freak athletes that can't do the basics.

The only place for that player is D end.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    yes.

I want a womyn coach so we're cool
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    he needs more tim
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,946
    Bread said:

Yes he's a great coach and all, but he's a bit stubborn. His OKG system is scaring recruits away and he's not taking top athletes because they are not OKGs, like TreShuan Harrison. He can only get so far with 3 star scrubs.
    He's also getting out recruited by Willie Taggart when Oregon didn't even make a bowl game, this is unacceptable. I would be willing to trade coach Pete to Oregon for Taggart.

You're projecting dood. This poast is an analog to a Trumpy interweb poast that reads, "Hit 'LIKE' if you think illegals shouldn't have more benefits than our veterans."

It's an entirely false narrative; literally (yes, this is the correct use) nobody who isn't actually retarded thinks what you think they think.