Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Maninoa Tufono, 4* LB 2019, Punahou HS, HI (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Think DL recruiting gonna do well this year Malloe has opened my eyes has me doogin and I hated him from a recruiting stand point
  • Options
    The fact he speaks to these parents (Tuitele and Ika) in their native language gives me comfort
  • Options
    Everyone on these boreds agrees about the DE/Buck issue
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

2 crystal balls to Texas. Sounds like we’re passing on Tufono as well

I’m afraid the coaches are feeling a little overconfident in themselves to land the players they think they can get.. And doesn’t help our HI/poly pipeline to go cold on a highly rated legacy, no matter how recruiting services vs their own evaluations stack up.
    Well, Heimuli did not include USC in his top 8 so I can see why the coaches are confident they can get him. Plus, if you have a pair of balls between your legs you wait for your top targets to make their decisions. We're in a new territory in which we're having to wait longer for a lot of commits because we're in on a lot of highly coveted prospects who will take their official visits and announce a decision closer to Signing Day. To us fans it's a bit daunting but to the coaches it's a part of the process of becoming elite. We have a team that should be really good and win most of their games again which will only help recruiting and make finishing with a boom likely.
    Its funny because this is exactly what Kim was saying when Sark's recruiting was nosediving in 2012.

It could be true or it could be that CP erred by slowplaying some of these kids.

I would feel more confident with a Ngata or Heimuli committed. As is the current class is of similar caliber to the 2017 class and a downgrade from 2018.
    The 2018 class wouldn't have become the class that it did if he hadn't slow played some kids and trusted the process and his staff to get the job done in the end. Ale Kaho, Taki Taimani, Tuli Letuligasenoa, Julius Irvin, Kyler Gordon all late additions. UW never panicked and starting taking plan B guys. We slow played Jackson Cravens in favor of Taimani and Tuli. We slow played Ben Wilson in favor of Ale Kaho. We slow played Stephan Blaylock and Halid Djibril in favor of Irvin and Gordon. Do you want a coach that plays it safe or a coach that has a pair of balls between his legs and goes after the best? Taking Tufuno is playing it safe. We want Heimuli more and we're going to get him.
    The guys we slow played this year are way better than Djibril, Blaylock, Ben Wilson, and Jackson Craves It. Not the same thing.

There was a feeling that our strong close in 2018 would carry over and give us momentum going into 2019. Doesn't seem to be materializing.
    Who have we slow played that's better than those guys?

What feeling? This is West Coast recruiting every single year. Most of the highly coveted recruits don't make their decisions until during or after the season. It makes zero sense to think the 2018 recruiting momentum would carry over into the Spring and Summer. Look at USC's class every year. They usually start slow and finish with a huge boom. That's where UW recruiting is headed.
    Uhh apparently Tufono for one. The guy whose thread we are in?

Also you are being intentionally blind to the fact that the highly coveted recruit we had the best chance for just committed to fucking Clemson!!!
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I’m afraid the coaches are feeling a little overconfident in themselves to land the players they think they can get.. And doesn’t help our HI/poly pipeline to go cold on a highly rated legacy, no matter how recruiting services vs their own evaluations stack up.
    Well, Heimuli did not include USC in his top 8 so I can see why the coaches are confident they can get him. Plus, if you have a pair of balls between your legs you wait for your top targets to make their decisions. We're in a new territory in which we're having to wait longer for a lot of commits because we're in on a lot of highly coveted prospects who will take their official visits and announce a decision closer to Signing Day. To us fans it's a bit daunting but to the coaches it's a part of the process of becoming elite. We have a team that should be really good and win most of their games again which will only help recruiting and make finishing with a boom likely.
    Its funny because this is exactly what Kim was saying when Sark's recruiting was nosediving in 2012.

It could be true or it could be that CP erred by slowplaying some of these kids.

I would feel more confident with a Ngata or Heimuli committed. As is the current class is of similar caliber to the 2017 class and a downgrade from 2018.
    The 2018 class wouldn't have become the class that it did if he hadn't slow played some kids and trusted the process and his staff to get the job done in the end. Ale Kaho, Taki Taimani, Tuli Letuligasenoa, Julius Irvin, Kyler Gordon all late additions. UW never panicked and starting taking plan B guys. We slow played Jackson Cravens in favor of Taimani and Tuli. We slow played Ben Wilson in favor of Ale Kaho. We slow played Stephan Blaylock and Halid Djibril in favor of Irvin and Gordon. Do you want a coach that plays it safe or a coach that has a pair of balls between his legs and goes after the best? Taking Tufuno is playing it safe. We want Heimuli more and we're going to get him.
    The guys we slow played this year are way better than Djibril, Blaylock, Ben Wilson, and Jackson Craves It. Not the same thing.

There was a feeling that our strong close in 2018 would carry over and give us momentum going into 2019. Doesn't seem to be materializing.

What feeling? This is West Coast recruiting every single year. Most of the highly coveted recruits don't make their decisions until during or after the season. It makes zero sense to think the 2018 recruiting momentum would carry over into the Spring and Summer. Look at USC's class every year. They usually start slow and finish with a huge boom. That's where UW recruiting is headed.

Also you are being intentionally blind to the fact that the highly coveted recruit we had the best chance for just committed to fucking Clemson!!!
    Tuitele is more highly ranked across the various sites and we still have a real shot with him, but losing Ngata stings badly, no question.

The slow playing is definitely chinteresting. Makes me think the staff is confident in who is still out there on their bored. Will be chinteresting seeing if that confidence is warranted. They definitely crushed it down the stretch last year.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Why because Tufuno is rated a 4-star? We don't know how any of those guys we slow played last class will turn out in college. Chances are some of them will turn out to be better players than Tufuno.

I'm not blind to it at all. Everybody takes losses. And Ngata's not the only highly coveted recruit we're recruiting. He's one of many. And he's not the guy we had the best chance at getting. Ever since he visited Clemson he's been trending that way. He never even took a Spring or Summer visit to UW.

I think UW is going to land Buelow, Heimuli, Tuitele, Wright, Vimahi, Trice, and Bandes so there's really no reason for me to freak out about losing Ngata and think we all of a sudden suck at recruiting again and won't sign a class as good as the 2018 class.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Why because Tufuno is rated a 4-star? We don't know how any of those guys we slow played last class will turn out in college. Chances are some of them will turn out to be better players than Tufuno.

I'm not blind to it at all. Everybody takes losses. And Ngata's not the only highly coveted recruit we're recruiting. He's one of many. And he's not the guy we had the best chance at getting. Ever since he visited Clemson he's been trending that way. He never even took a Spring or Summer visit to UW.

I think UW is going to land Buelow, Heimuli, Tuitele, Wright, Vimahi, Trice, and Bandes so there's really no reason for me to freak out about losing Ngata and think we all of a sudden suck at recruiting again and won't sign a class as good as the 2018 class.
    IF we landed that class that would be outstanding. Losing Ngata would suck and not getting 2 tailbacks is dangerous but we whiffed on Charbonet so may not be worth another scholly for someone. That being said i think we get some of those guys and overall disappointed with our inability to get multiple edge rushers.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Remember that this bored didnt hit full suicide watch/ meltdown mode last year until the offer and commitment of Mosiah Liu. That was late November. We still have a few months of this to go.
    And now Mosiah is a favorite of the class and looks like a Mother Fucker.

Kind of impressive that he caused a suicide watch and then became a God.

Sounds like the player version of Malloe now that I think of it.
  • Options

Because he is going to Texas and not TCU, Wazzu, or Utah.

Contrary to bananas usual strawmanning I am not melting down but rather remaining skeptical we are going to beat USC for all these guys when so far we've lost Ngata, biffed on RB recruiting, and got our usual collection of stud DBs. I feel very good about Buelow and the Dlinemen. Not so much Heimuli.
  • Options
    dougthedawgdougthedawg Member Posts: 179
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If it's true the coaches' are slowplaying Tufono, it's a bummer the staff wont just sell some turd's couch to make room.
  • Options

If it's true the coaches' are slowplaying Tufono, it's a bummer the staff wont just sell some turd's couch to make room.

Yeah that too. Seems like we could sign a bigger class than we are planning to.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Because he is going to Texas and not TCU, Wazzu, or Utah.

Contrary to bananas usual strawmanning I am not melting down but rather remaining skeptical we are going to beat USC for all these guys when so far we've lost Ngata, biffed on RB recruiting, and got our usual collection of stud DBs. I feel very good about Buelow and the Dlinemen. Not so much Heimuli.
    He also just recently got massively dropped down the 247 rankings because he struggles mightily in coverage. He's an old school thumper who's better moving forward than he is backward right now. No loss if he commits to Texas. Still doesn't mean he will be a better player than the guys previously slow played last class. But sure, he has a better offer sheet and will end up at a better program. But what does the fact that UW is slow playing and passing on higher rated recruits than before tell you about their recruiting right now? Doesn't it suggest that they're recruiting at a higher level?

We haven't biffed on RB recruiting. We got Cameron Davis because our early talent identification and evaluations are superior to everybody else in the conference. He's stud. USC was late to the party. Still a decent chance Charbonnet gives UW another look down the road.

Heimuli didn't include SC in his top 8. That was very significant. His top 8 is UW, Bama, UCLA, TCU, Ole Miss, Oregon, Nebraska, and Utah. Haven't heard much buzz about Bama being a threat. They probably already have who they want at inside backer committed or lined up. Perhaps USC gets back in it but right now there's no reason not to feel good about UW's chances.

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Fuck, I thought I was the only one losing my fucking mind. Looks like I got company