Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Maninoa Tufono, 4* LB 2019, Punahou HS, HI (Offered)

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    whuggy said:

Doogles said:

Gladstone said:

elord821 said:

Just a quick question that has nothing to do with this thread, so please excuse me for asking this; Is this forum only for football recruiting, or is basketball also ok?

god damnit eric
    Meek said:

I have no idea why anyone who likes money would ever pay for the LPT or Ruth or Biggins or any recruiting site. Those losers are simply the worst part of recruiting and their breaking news has zero relevance.

I have never paid for any content besides swayes wigwam, and even then it's not that much. The 10.95 a month is nothing in the grand scheme of things. I can see how some people pay it, it's so inconsequential.

I don't care if it's $1.00 a month. The amount is irrelevant. It's a business model based on selling hope to suckers. And you know those arrogant no-nothing fuckers are laughing at you as your money gets direct deposited.
    U sound poor
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

whuggy said:

Doogles said:

Gladstone said:

elord821 said:

Just a quick question that has nothing to do with this thread, so please excuse me for asking this; Is this forum only for football recruiting, or is basketball also ok?

god damnit eric
    Meek said:

I have no idea why anyone who likes money would ever pay for the LPT or Ruth or Biggins or any recruiting site. Those losers are simply the worst part of recruiting and their breaking news has zero relevance.

I have never paid for any content besides swayes wigwam, and even then it's not that much. The 10.95 a month is nothing in the grand scheme of things. I can see how some people pay it, it's so inconsequential.

I don't care if it's $1.00 a month. The amount is irrelevant. It's a business model based on selling hope to suckers. And you know those arrogant no-nothing fuckers are laughing at you as your money gets direct deposited.
    U sound poor
    LOL. You couldn't be more wrong. But keep paying those losers if you want. they'll keep laughing.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    whuggy said:

post ur w2 coward

W2's are for poor working folk.
    Winnarr.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,061
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    The real crack cocaine of dman for me is those practice/interview vids. I know those fucks are full of shit, but this time of year I start scratching my arms like Pookie for those vids.

• DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,461
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    A subscription anywhere doesn't affect my crisp fall Saturdays with Dads.
  • KevininTacomaKevininTacoma Member Posts: 122
    2 crystal balls to Texas. Sounds like we’re passing on Tufono as well
  • ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I’m afraid the coaches are feeling a little overconfident in themselves to land the players they think they can get.. And doesn’t help our HI/poly pipeline to go cold on a highly rated legacy, no matter how recruiting services vs their own evaluations stack up.
  • JECARJECAR Member Posts: 580
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Two Cristoballz from UT writers...I’m not sure we? are passing.

When Wiltfong CB’s him to UT then I’d get worried
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I hear coaches told him he does not have a commitable offer. I will put the rest in the chat
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    From the UT site
    Like we reported last week, Texas has been surging in this recruitment, and we have reason to believe the Longhorns are now in the pole position. UT will host Tufono for an official visit this fall/winter and with a big season, it wouldn’t be surprising to see the Longhorns close the deal. I’m told Todd Orlando and Jake Langi, who has strong Polynesian ties, have done a tremendous job recruiting Tufono and his family and that they have bought into the program.

Sounds like something Ektard would say. Unlike Ektard, at least this guy has the ballz to put in a CB and stand by his prediction.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,702
    So Texas is putting the full court press on for a UW legacy from Hawaii and we don't want him. Ok!

• BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited July 2018

I’m afraid the coaches are feeling a little overconfident in themselves to land the players they think they can get.. And doesn’t help our HI/poly pipeline to go cold on a highly rated legacy, no matter how recruiting services vs their own evaluations stack up.
    Well, Heimuli did not include USC in his top 8 so I can see why the coaches are confident they can get him. Plus, if you have a pair of balls between your legs you wait for your top targets to make their decisions. We're in a new territory in which we're having to wait longer for a lot of commits because we're in on a lot of highly coveted prospects who will take their official visits and announce a decision closer to Signing Day. To us fans it's a bit daunting but to the coaches it's a part of the process of becoming elite. We have a team that should be really good and win most of their games again which will only help recruiting and make finishing with a boom likely.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Squirt said:

From the UT site
    Like we reported last week, Texas has been surging in this recruitment, and we have reason to believe the Longhorns are now in the pole position. UT will host Tufono for an official visit this fall/winter and with a big season, it wouldn’t be surprising to see the Longhorns close the deal. I’m told Todd Orlando and Jake Langi, who has strong Polynesian ties, have done a tremendous job recruiting Tufono and his family and that they have bought into the program.

Sounds like something Ektard would say. Unlike Ektard, at least this guy has the ballz to put in a CB and stand by his prediction.

LOL. Whenever these recruiting "insiders" say "I'm told" or "sources say," they're getting their info from the coaching staff. Otherwise, the article would include direct quotes from the recruit or his family. No recruit or family member insists on anonymity.

So basically Texas coaches Orlando and Langi are telling the UT recruiting site, "We're doing a tremendous job, our Poly ties are really paying off, and the PSA and his family are buying into the program, so we feel like we're in the pole position."

It's the same reason why the Doogman dudes were always telling their marks subscribers that Sark and Co. were killing it in recruiting and every PSA had a tremendous visit.
    100%. The only tims it might differ is when it's a national guy like Biggins who might actually be talking to the kids HS coaching staff or something. But if it's a team site their sources are the coaches on the team.

Also why Kim is still pissed to this day that Pete is the coach now. ME LOSIKN ASCESX!

Rocket surgery.
  • SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    dnc said:

100%. The only tims it might differ is when it's a national guy like Biggins who might actually be talking to the kids HS coaching staff or something. But if it's a team site their sources are the coaches on the team.

Also why Kim is still pissed to this day that Pete is the coach now. ME LOSIKN ASCESX!

Rocket surgery.

Good point. Agree.

• whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    If you want to follow the Crystal Ball thing then just focus on Wiltfong. Most of the others are just flaks.
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Squirt said:

From the UT site

LOL. Whenever these recruiting "insiders" say "I'm told" or "sources say," they're getting their info from the coaching staff. Otherwise, the article would include direct quotes from the recruit or his family. No recruit or family member insists on anonymity.

So basically Texas coaches Orlando and Langi are telling the UT recruiting site, "We're doing a tremendous job, our Poly ties are really paying off, and the PSA and his family are buying into the program, so we feel like we're in the pole position."

It's the same reason why the Doogman dudes were always telling their marks subscribers that Sark and Co. were killing it in recruiting and every PSA had a tremendous visit.
    Very presumptuous