Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why Derek is never going to get rich off of this site

124»

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Take HH public, put it on the NYSE as a penny stock. When you want a dip to buy, I'll act like a lunatic and cause the stock to plummet.

penny stock would not qualify for NYSE
    *pemmy

Side note, one of DJ's ILTCDJDJIWILTD twatter follows spouts chincessantly about pemmy stocks, the weird ones always chincorporated in Nevada or Florida.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

This may be the dumbest thread ever created in this cesspool of moronic bullshit.

Not surprising considering who the OP is.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,082
    Founders Club

haie said:

The TL;DR version is: But the truth is that running a platform for culture creation is, increasingly, a charity operation undertaken by larger companies. Servers are expensive, and advertisers would rather just throw money at Facebook than take a chance on your weird, problematic network. Generating and incubating internet culture has little market value in and of itself.

You don't know anything about servers or technology in general. Fuck off
    riiiiiiight.... well, actually I do but I didn't write the article -- one point is that weird assholes like you saying "fuck off" are one reason advertisers don't like their images sitting on the same screen.
    Fuck off.
    Well, I didn't invent the internet or the failing culture creation websites like this one. I think you invested in this. And I know you aren't a dude either in the fuck off bro-culture here. Don't invest heavily in it...
    As someone who made a significant contribution to this site when it started, I never looked at it as an investment. I looked it as a way to help build something that I'd enjoy and 4+ years later, I'm still enjoying it.

You act like those of us who contributed expected some financial returns. I don't think any of us expected that. If it comes to that at some point in the future, great. If not, that's great too.
    This is exactly right
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

haie said:

The TL;DR version is: But the truth is that running a platform for culture creation is, increasingly, a charity operation undertaken by larger companies. Servers are expensive, and advertisers would rather just throw money at Facebook than take a chance on your weird, problematic network. Generating and incubating internet culture has little market value in and of itself.

riiiiiiight.... well, actually I do but I didn't write the article -- one point is that weird assholes like you saying "fuck off" are one reason advertisers don't like their images sitting on the same screen.
    Fuck off.
    Well, I didn't invent the internet or the failing culture creation websites like this one. I think you invested in this. And I know you aren't a dude either in the fuck off bro-culture here. Don't invest heavily in it...
    As someone who made a significant contribution to this site when it started, I never looked at it as an investment. I looked it as a way to help build something that I'd enjoy and 4+ years later, I'm still enjoying it.

You act like those of us who contributed expected some financial returns. I don't think any of us expected that. If it comes to that at some point in the future, great. If not, that's great too.
    This is exactly right
    OK! mostly I was referring to those posts made about advertising issues in relation to broader trends on the internet, not trying to discredit Derek (Fetters-nachos is another matter)
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,082
    Founders Club

haie said:

Fuck off.

This is exactly right
    OK! mostly I was referring to those posts made about advertising issues in relation to broader trends on the internet, not trying to discredit Derek (Fetters-nachos is another matter)
    I understand and I never took any offense.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Also because this place is about as advertiser-friendly as the Klu Klux Klan official site

270 Electoral votes disagree.
  • Options

haie said:

Fuck off.
    Feels like a "Later Guys" post is brewing.
    Derek seems like a nice guy but I have a feeling that the "Later Guys" might be from him. The tone of his announcements don't paint a picture of reaping money hand over fist. In fact it sounds exactly like exactly what is depicted in the article.
    Well no shit. Message boreds haven't been worth anything for five to seven years. Scout has went under like five times in the last seven years.
  • Options

Take HH public, put it on the NYSE as a penny stock. When you want a dip to buy, I'll act like a lunatic and cause the stock to plummet.

OTC superiority guy...
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    Mosster47 said:

OTC superiority guy...
    QB, QX, pinks or gray market?