Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Returning OL starts

GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
http://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/2017/JUNE17/DBJune13.html

Phil Steele constantly says that one of the biggest offseason indicators of offensive production is returning OL starts. UW has a pretty healthy lead here for P12 teams, ranking #9 nationally.

Comments

• FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    #myspartans are ready to rumble.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club

I just put $10,000 down on San Jose State to win the national championship

I like your style.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419

I gave it a chin because even though it is doog gospel used to make us too young again, this time it shows we should have high expectations

Exactly. This should have been my OP.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    uzi said:

I want to believe our OL will be better, but I can't get the image of, BAMA or USC blowing through our line to harass Browning, out of my head.

The only optimism I have is that our coaches have a record of improving the players each year...

Vs BAMA we got beat they just had better players. Vs USC it was stupid ass play calling by babushka. Why the fuck we abandon the run against SC is beyond me.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

uzi said:

I want to believe our OL will be better, but I can't get the image of, BAMA or USC blowing through our line to harass Browning, out of my head.

The only optimism I have is that our coaches have a record of improving the players each year...

Vs BAMA we got beat they just had better players. Vs USC it was stupid ass play calling by babushka. Why the fuck we abandon the run against SC is beyond me.
    Yawn
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Baseman said:

uzi said:

Yawn
    ???
  • uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    edited June 2017
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,696 Founders Club
    uzi said:

Disagree!
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    uzi said:

Five players from the Bama front seven were drafted into the NFL...

...in the first 78 picks.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    AIRWOLF said:

uzi said:

And a couple of those dudes fell because of off the field concerns. They were better college players than their collective draft position.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,940 Founders Club
    Breaking in new guys in the secondary be damned. With this level of talent on the line, we gotta win big in 2017 and re-establish the brand as a winning one. Win the North and get to a New Year's Six Bowl is the minimum acceptable outcome.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Breaking in new guys in the secondary be damned. With this level of talent on the line, we gotta win big in 2017 and re-establish the brand as a winning one. Win the North and get to a New Year's Six Bowl natty is the minimum acceptable outcome.

AIRWOLF said:

uzi said:

Okay fine but... I want our OL to be good enough to put them all on their asses like no other team they've faced.

Am I expecting too much?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,940 Founders Club

Breaking in new guys in the secondary be damned. With this level of talent on the line, we gotta win big in 2017 and re-establish the brand as a winning one. Win the North and get to a New Year's Six Bowl natty is the minimum acceptable outcome.

Not getting my hopes up until 2022 which will be special. Husky Stadium tells us we? only win the natty about every 31 years or so. 2017 is too soon.
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    uzi said:

AIRWOLF said:

uzi said:

Okay fine but... I want our OL to be good enough to put them all on their asses like no other team they've faced.

Am I expecting too much?
    Wanting and expecting are different things.

And that may have been the best front 7 of the Saban era at Bama.
    AIRWOLF said:

uzi said:

AIRWOLF said:

uzi said:

Am I expecting too much?
    Wanting and expecting are different things.

And that may have been the best front 7 of the Saban era at Bama.
    Okay, but I did see at least one game that BAMA played against... (I forget, maybe it was Mississippi), where the other team did a stout job of holding back BAMAs defensive rush. I'd be content with our OL playing that well.

I'll have to look for the game if it is on Youtube.