Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Maureese Wren, 3* 2018 LB/WR, Mesquite (Horn), TX (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

AIRWOLF said:

And UTEP may just be the worst team in FBS this year.

They might also somehow have the best guard in FBS this year. If we had Will Hernandez instead of Jesse Sosebee we'd win a national championship this year just calling 100% run plays to the left.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

dhdawg said:

2 more CB's to UW. now 6 total

One of them is from the Texas 247 writer, good sign, especially considering it sounds like he is gonna be visiting Texas soon, guessing that writer talked to him and got the impression he likes us a lot.
    maybe things changed but texas seems to like him only at OLB. we seem to be more open to taking him as an athlete who will eventually play OLB
  • Options
    8 cb now. 3 from Texas writers
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dhdawg said:

8 cb now. 3 from Texas writers

is he even visiting?
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Based on his Twitter likes the last 10 days he's all TCU, Texas, and this random Mexican girl he is trying to give the pipe to. So what I'm saying is no chance in hell is he going to UW.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

Based on his Twitter likes the last 10 days he's all TCU, Texas, and this random Mexican girl he is trying to give the pipe to. So what I'm saying is no chance in hell is he going to UW.

His name is Maureese; there was never any way he was coming here. Maybe if his name were Colin, Hunter, or Myles we would have had a shot.

Or Jacob/Jake, of course.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,381
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

AIRWOLF said:

His name is Maureese; there was never any way he was coming here. Maybe if his name were Colin, Hunter, or Myles we would have had a shot.

Or Jacob/Jake, of course.
    Bob Gregory just started following the one black kid in America named Channing. FML.
    Channing Frye is like what is up with this my brother
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

This is the typical sized kid that ends up at TCU thinking he is an offensive player then realizes when he can be 6’3” and 255 he’s an AA OLB/DE and gets drafted in the 1st round ... see Jerry Hughes
  • Options

BallzDeep said:

Upon further review I actually wouldn't mind seeing Wren play WR for us. He could be another Black Beast with some development. Our WR core needs more physicality and attitude.

*corps
    *corpse
    That was under Pease.
  • Options
    NEsnake12 said:

Good chance we aren't really his leader

I'd say it is a lead pipe lock we aren't his leader. Good solid chance UW doesn't even get the free pub (!!!!) of a hat on the table.
  • Options
    NEsnake12 said:

Observation: This kid has 8 crystal ballz to UW, but not one of them are from Roof, who has been updating hers constantly in the past few weeks. His twatter has virtually no UW mentions. No interviews that would suggest he's leaning UW.

This could be a case of a bunch of dudes CB'ing him to UW just because others already had... without actually knowing anything. Bandwagon CB'ing (I've seen it happen before). Good chance we aren't really his leader

That's not totally true. I remember an article a couple of weeks ago saying he's looking forward to visiting and that he loved what he saw in our game against Colorado
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Is it a bad sign that he visiting in January?