Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Maureese Wren, 3* 2018 LB/WR, Mesquite (Horn), TX (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

I watched the entire TCU - Arkansas game for some reason and came away with mild depression. Arkansas is a clusterfuck. Bielema will probably be fired at the end of the season. He now has one crystal ball to us, and coupling that with what Coker said I'm cautiously optimistic. That being said he doesn't have a Texas, A&M, or Oklahoma offer yet so a lot can change. The only thing we can say for sure is he's not going to Arkansas or Baylor anymore...

The state of Arkansas right now reminds me where we were under Sark but maybe just a tad more hopeless ... there's a growing opinion around there that things won't work out and a change is needed

Considering that the other school he was considering strongly was Baylor ... the true definition of a dumpster fire ... upgrading to a Top 10 program would seem to be a no brained ...

TAMU is in a similar state to Arkansas ... total dumpster fire

Sumlin is almost certainly getting fired, but A&M is a type of program more likely to get a new coach bump than Arky or Baylor. I'm gonna wait and see on them. Really depends on what kind of coach is available for them, but they have a bigger brand for sure.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    All depends on how long it takes for Sumlin to get fired ... Woody needs to act quick because there will likely be a number of programs in that area of the country looking for coaches
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Will he know how to do the correct thing on any given play though? If not, how will he ever beat out Bowman?

GuntotheheadGIF
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    guntlove said:

Will he know how to do the correct thing on any given play though? If not, how will he ever beat out Bowman?

GuntotheheadGIF

Complimentary publicity!!1!
    En fuego mi amigo!
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Wren's HS coach-
    He loves Arkansas, but his passion is playing wide receiver and that's why he made this decision," Overton said. "He has been thinking it over for a month or so and decided this is what he wants to do.
    "He loves those Arkansas coaches and it really is nothing against Arkansas other than he has decided that he does not want to play outside linebacker in college."
    Wren had been hinting on Twitter the past few weeks that something was up, with posts like, "Man, I love playing wide receiver," and, “Been doing a lot of thinking lately and it’s about time to say what’s on my mind."
    Arkansas coach Bret Bielema and assistants Reggie Mitchell and Chad Walker had been recruiting Wren, who had chosen Arkansas over Colorado, Baylor, Washington and Missouri among some 20 schools.
    "There's really been no new offers since he committed to Arkansas back in August," Overton said. "It really is just about playing wide receiver."

WTF?, i guess he going to play WR in our defense

Or he's going to Baylor
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Wren's HS coach-
    He loves Arkansas, but his passion is playing wide receiver and that's why he made this decision," Overton said. "He has been thinking it over for a month or so and decided this is what he wants to do.
    "He loves those Arkansas coaches and it really is nothing against Arkansas other than he has decided that he does not want to play outside linebacker in college."
    Wren had been hinting on Twitter the past few weeks that something was up, with posts like, "Man, I love playing wide receiver," and, “Been doing a lot of thinking lately and it’s about time to say what’s on my mind."
    Arkansas coach Bret Bielema and assistants Reggie Mitchell and Chad Walker had been recruiting Wren, who had chosen Arkansas over Colorado, Baylor, Washington and Missouri among some 20 schools.
    "There's really been no new offers since he committed to Arkansas back in August," Overton said. "It really is just about playing wide receiver."

WTF?, i guess he going to play WR in our defense

Or he's going to Baylor
    hahaha, 0-4 baylor
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2017

He ain’t coming here if he wants to play WR, he’ll end up at Texas Tech.

Or we are telling him we want him a WR all of a sudden ;)
  • Options

He ain’t coming here if he wants to play WR, he’ll end up at Texas Tech.

Or we are telling him we want him a WR all of a sudden ;)
    Hence, Lubik recruiting him
  • Options
    BallzDeep said:

Nobody wants him as a WR. Good luck playing WR for the University of Texas...

El Paso.

el paso has a school?
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

BallzDeep said:

Nobody wants him as a WR. Good luck playing WR for the University of Texas...

El Paso.

el paso has a school?
    UTEP miners! That's where Mike price ended up ...
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    And UTEP may just be the worst team in FBS this year.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    2 more CB's to UW. now 6 total
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    dhdawg said:

2 more CB's to UW. now 6 total

One of them is from the Texas 247 writer, good sign, especially considering it sounds like he is gonna be visiting Texas soon, guessing that writer talked to him and got the impression he likes us a lot.