Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Bijan Robinson, 2020 5* RB, Salpointe (AZ), (Offered 7/7/17)

Comments

• GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    NEsnake12 said:

Someone I know was at the spring game and apparently got the opportunity to speak to Bijan. According to him, Bijan said he's looking to stay out west, which would definitely help us out quite a bit. Seems like UCLA is our opponent here and not really OSU if this is really the case.

Considering last year’s recruiting debacle at UCLA, I’m actually feeling a lot better about our chances here
    We will be the lesser of two racisms?
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

Someone I know was at the spring game and apparently got the opportunity to speak to Bijan. According to him, Bijan said he's looking to stay out west, which would definitely help us out quite a bit. Seems like UCLA is our opponent here and not really OSU if this is really the case.

Considering last year’s recruiting debacle at UCLA, I’m actually feeling a lot better about our chances here
    It's fortunate that he's narrowed down his school selection in this way. We don't want his recruitment to turn into Charbonnet's last year. This is the assistance that BonerPop truly needs in order to nab a RB of Bijan's caliber.
  • KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    One of these years we are gonna hit on a 5* or two. Hopefully it is this year with Bijan and Johnny Wilson.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

One of these years we are gonna hit on a 5* or two. Hopefully it is this year with Bijan and Johnny Wilson.

Bijan is our best shot right now. I like our chances with him saying he wants to stay out West. My gut is telling me Wilson is a bit overrated and has fallen down UW's WR board. He gives me Brayden Lenius vibes. I don't think we want him that much anymore. We'll get Raccanelli and Odunze for sure and then after that's it's probably all in on McMillan and nobody else matters.
    NEsnake12 said:

Bijan is our best shot right now. I like our chances with him saying he wants to stay out West. My gut is telling me Wilson is a bit overrated and has fallen down UW's WR board. He gives me Brayden Lenius vibes. I don't think we want him that much anymore. We'll get Raccanelli and Odunze for sure and then after that's it's probably all in on McMillan and nobody else matters.
    Agree that McMillan is the best receiver on our bored.

But Wilson is barely behind him. He’s elite and we want him, badly. Not in the same universe as Odunze or Lenius
    Well I disagree. He doesn't have good straight line speed and is not a separation guy in and out of breaks. I don't care what he's rated. He's Brayden Lenius 2.0 until proven otherwise.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

NEsnake12 said:

But Wilson is barely behind him. He’s elite and we want him, badly. Not in the same universe as Odunze or Lenius
    Well I disagree. He doesn't have good straight line speed and is not a separation guy in and out of breaks. I don't care what he's rated. He's Brayden Lenius 2.0 until proven otherwise.
    Didn't he have like a top 5 Sparq score?
    edited May 2019

NEsnake12 said:

He ran 4.59 as a 6”6 17 year old. Fuck off.
    His game speed is slower than that. I don't see the quickness in and out of breaks necessary to create separation at the college level. He will struggle with that and will mainly be a jump ball/back shoulder guy which is fine and has it's value but he's not a 5-star talent who can do it all. That's why he doesn't have a bunch of national schools all over him and schools like Oregon and UCLA are while UW and USC are not really pressing hard for him. Give me a 6'3 guy who's quicker in and out of breaks and can get that separation over a 6'6 guy who can't.

It doesn't matter. He's not coming here. Like I said, Raccanelli, Odunze, and McMillan are the guys and that would be a great WR class.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

NEsnake12 said:

His game speed is slower than that. I don't see the quickness in and out of breaks necessary to create separation at the college level. He will struggle with that and will mainly be a jump ball/back shoulder guy which is fine and has it's value but he's not a 5-star talent who can do it all. That's why he doesn't have a bunch of national schools all over him and schools like Oregon and UCLA are while UW and USC are not really pressing hard for him. Give me a 6'3 guy who's quicker in and out of breaks and can get that separation over a 6'6 guy who can't.

It doesn't matter. He's not coming here. Like I said, Raccanelli, Odunze, and McMillan are the guys and that would be a great WR class.
    You don’t need to great at creating separation when you just can go over some-fucking-one by being 6”6.
    edited May 2019

NEsnake12 said:

You don’t need to great at creating separation when you just can go over some-fucking-one by being 6”6.
    QB's don't like throwing the ball to guys who are covered. Especially when they're covered by guys like 6'3 Keith Taylor and 6'2 Dom Hampton. We want guys who can become complete receivers and 6'3 guys with bounce can jump over guys to make catches too.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2019

NEsnake12 said:

Get out of here. That kind of evaluation is only relevant if we're talking about his NFL prospects. That size and speed is more than enough to cover any alleged quickness flaws at the college level. You're basically describing another Hakeem Butler with better hands. Sign me the fuck up. Lenius my ass.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

NEsnake12 said:

Didn't he have like a top 5 Sparq score?
    Yes
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Fucking Christ this thread is ruined now.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

NEsnake12 said:

It helps. For every Dwayne Jarrett, tall slow WR that still thrives, there are tons who don’t do much. I actually agree with Ballz. Wilson is overrated.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NEsnake12 said:

NEsnake12 said:

It helps. For every Dwayne Jarrett, tall slow WR that still thrives, there are tons who don’t do much. I actually agree with Ballz. Wilson is overrated.
    Big difference between Wilson being overrated (which he probably is just a bit) and UW not actually wanting Wilson over someone like Odunze
    Definitely. Wilson should be good, but I don’t think Ballz is completely wrong either.