Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bijan Robinson, 2020 5* RB, Salpointe (AZ), (Offered 7/7/17)

Comments

• Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Story from Bill Kurelic:

The main thing early this morning was that I felt very confident in my source and wanted to get the most important bit of information out there - that Robinson had decided not to go to Ohio State.

This was very unexpected. The Crystal Ball was 100% Ohio State until I made my flip to foggy. Ohio State did not expect this development. It really seemed to come out of nowhere.

So, why the change of thinking for Robinson? I don’t have a definite answer on that yet, but I can give you some things I have been told. First, Robinson feels his heart and faith are leading him elsewhere. Also, I have been told for a long time that Robinson has family that is interested in seeing him stay closer to home.

And that leads to the next question. So where is Robinson now headed? Today Steve Wiltfong flipped his Crystal Ball pick from Ohio State to Texas. Texas insider Mike Roach flipped his pick from Ohio State to “foggy.” What I am told is that Robinson is not headed to Arizona. A good source I have in Arizona told me that Robinson is going to USC. A long time ago this source indicated Robinson loves Los Angeles and wants to be out there. I do not know for sure where Robinson is going, but I expect it to be either USC or Texas. When I feel more confident in one of the two I will switch from “foggy” to that school.

This does not have anything to do with Kendall Milton. I don’t expect Milton to be a Buckeye. Could this help with Jaylan Knighton? Perhaps. He is more important now to the Buckeyes than ever. Could Robinson change his mind back to Ohio State? I never like to say never in recruiting, but I don’t expect Robinson to change his mind back. I look for him to end up at either USC or Texas.

So what do the Buckeyes do now? For one they certainly want Knighton. Can he be an every down back? He absolutely sees himself that way. But as I wrote a few days ago, if he goes to the Florida State Saturday Night Live it will get very interesting. And Knighton did go to that. But either way he is a guy the Buckeyes want. And whether they get him or not, they are going to pursue other backs. E.J. Smith and Michael Drennen are on the board. And I expect others to surface too. The staff will aggressively pursue all their options including the possibility of flipping someone. The staff will sign at least one running back and they continue to want two.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    Sounds like UW likely wouldn’t have stood a chance in the end if family is running the show and want him “close to home”.

There have been many rumors surrounding the pending commitment of Tucson (Ariz.) four-star running back Bijan Robinson since he reportedly dropped Ohio State from consideration last week. From everything we have gathered, Robinson’s family pumped the brakes on his commitment to Ohio State. Evidently the family went on vacation last week and this was the first time they sat down to discuss Bijan’s future together.

Robinson was very much headed to Columbus. This we know as fact. We also know that neither USC nor Texas stopped recruiting Robinson despite that silent commitment to Ohio State. For context, Robinson has enjoyed the recruiting process and everything that comes with it, so we would expect him to entertain additional contact from schools. He scheduled an official visit to UCLA for the season while everyone was waiting for him to commit to Ohio State publicly.

Upon telling Ohio State he was de-committing, sources say that Robinson has told other schools he is going to Texas instead. Now, closer to home, we have no information that Robinson has told USC what he is doing either way. That in itself kind of leads me to believe he will commit to Texas. And to be clear, I'm not 100-percent sure what Robinson has told Texas. I know he did not silently commit there after his official visit as rumored. As of today, my sources are simply implying that the Longhorn coaching staff is very confident he will announce for Texas Friday.

At the same time, that commitment really doesn’t mean a whole lot more than his silent commitment to Ohio Statem, which he then wavered from before making it public. One thing that all of my sources agree on is that Robinson’s recruitment won’t be finalized until December. There are some elements of his recruitment that remind me a bit of Chris Steele's. If USC has a good season, I would be surprised if we did not see Robinson on campus before he signs.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    And now you know why we went in other directions
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,907
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

It's almost like every once in awhile the guys who actually recruit and talk to these players on a daily basis have a better read on them than the people who follow their twitter
  • Options

Tequilla said:

It's almost like every once in awhile the guys who actually recruit and talk to these players on a daily basis have a better read on them than the people who follow their twitter
    It’s a shocking concept
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Ballz level doogery.

You both should be ashamed.
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I heard he committed to Boner
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Ballz level doogery.

Say it again because once doesn’t do it justice. JFC.
  • Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Beno4Life said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It’s a shocking concept
    I’m sorry, what’s the difference in distance between AZ and Texas and AZ and WA/tOSU? Not much.

He might be wavering and not totally aligned with his family, but few kids are at this stage. He’s only 17.

Does this sound like a Pete recruit? Yes and no, but it’s still about sales and ABCing.
    I know what you are saying, but Tucson to Austin is 800 miles, Tucson to Seattle is 1550 miles, and Tucson to Columbus is 1850 miles.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    Woof said:

Beno4Life said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It’s a shocking concept
    I’m sorry, what’s the difference in distance between AZ and Texas and AZ and WA/tOSU? Not much.

He might be wavering and not totally aligned with his family, but few kids are at this stage. He’s only 17.

Does this sound like a Pete recruit? Yes and no, but it’s still about sales and ABCing.
    I know what you are saying, but Tucson to Austin is 800 miles, Tucson to Seattle is 1550 miles, and Tucson to Columbus is 1850 miles.
    Better comparison:

3 hour direct flight
    4-5 hour trip with one layover
    5-7 hour trip with one layover
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    edited July 2019
    (Seattle is the direct flight from Tucson.)

Texas may feel closer if he has family and cultural connections there although I lived in Tucson and generally speaking people's closest connections and identification outside of Arizona/desert Southwest region are to SoCal.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Ballz level doogery.

I don’t want to take the gloves off ... but you know those fakes are lazy
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Woof said:

Beno4Life said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It’s a shocking concept

Better comparison:

3 hour direct flight
    TF kind of flight are you taking where there's a layover between Seattle and Tucson?
  • Options
    bigcc said:

Woof said:

Beno4Life said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It’s a shocking concept

Better comparison:

3 hour direct flight
    TF kind of flight are you taking where there's a layover between Seattle and Tucson?

Texas may feel closer if he has family and cultural connections there although I lived in Tucson and generally speaking people's closest connections and identification outside of Arizona/desert Southwest region are to SoCal.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Ballz level doogery.

I truly don't understand this post. What fakes?
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

bigcc said:

Woof said:

Beno4Life said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It’s a shocking concept

Better comparison:

3 hour direct flight

Shame on me
  • Options
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Ballz level doogery.

I truly don't understand this post. What fakes?
    Takes ... typo