Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fa'atui Tuitele, 5* 2019 DL, Honolulu (St. Louis), HI (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

L o fucking L at no USC. Didn't his teammate just commit there like last night?

Nansen’s old tricks suddenly aren’t as effective as they once were..
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    animate said:

I told the forums awhile back ... when Tuitele was being interviewed at some LA camp the interviewer (who was pro-LA schools) asked Tuitele questions about recruiting ... ucla and sc got regular, diplomatic answers ... but when the interviewer asked about anyone else Tuitele's face lit up and he started talking about UW in glowing terms ...

.... and the interviewer basically cut him off before he could get going and moved onto the next question.

I said then that UW has a good thing going with Tuitele.

Last year we got Shelton at the Poly Bowl as a honorary captain ... I think he was very underrated in his influence over recruits ... if we could get someone like Vea there this year it would really, really help.

danny shelton borderline broke some rules. he and shaq were twatting at recruits none stop. i think danny was good influence on tuli last year.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I know we all like to joke about having a hat on the table. But the fact that UW is consistently being named in the top 5 or 6 or 10 or 14 or whatever the fuck kids do these days matters. The more top end kids that give UW a look results in more top end kids legitimately considering UW.

Others will take notice of this, especially the Poly's. Maybe it's the reason Buelow or Vimahi take a closer look when added to Pa'ama having already committed.

Being the only West Coast school matters. Not having USC in his list matters. Being in it with Bama, tOSU, Clemson, and Texas for a top 25 kid fucking matters.

Malloe is a fucking boss.
  • Options
    animate said:
    USC's Bored:

Mod - Very surprising. USC has to make a move with Siaki Ika now. He could end up being the better of the two, but this has to be a shock to the coaching staff right after he visited. There's still a lot of time left in recruiting, but to not make Tuitele's top five is a wake-up call. A lot of pressure to win this season because several schools out of the region are banking USC will tank and are positioning themselves to steal recruits.

Poaster - WOW, this is a shock. Staff needs to forget about all these 3 stars they loading up on and concentrate on the big boys only.

Poaster - You're going to get grief for questioning recruiting this early (and kinda sorta understandably so based off of how we normally close) but man, SC seems to never put its best foot forward early in the recruiting process. We're behind the 8-ball to out-of-state/region schools with some local recruits everyone thought would be ours. I think it's more than fair to question the staff's recruiting right now.

Poaster - Huge loss for us. I'm not counting on Clay to come through with (probably) a true freshman QB.
  • Options

The fact that he visited the other 4 schools on that list this spring and didn’t visit UW is really good for us too. Last time he visited UW was either last season or during the summer. We made an impression. Malloe continues to fuck.

Never coming here though, we should offer some random kid from Alaska now.

He also visited USC twice including a week or so ago.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    A hat on the table is always special.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pat_hm said:

Petersen hiring Malloe is really starting to pay major dividends.

Black eye for the board imo.
  • Options
    Angulo on the USC site:

Hawaiian five-star defensive tackle Faatui Tuitele pulled a bit of a shocking move by not including USC in his top five, given that he had been on campus more times than any other school on the mainland and has been hearing from the Trojans since the start of his recruitment.

Tuitele plans to commit by the end of the summer so he can focus on his senior season and figures to take all five official visits before then.

USC has been "eliminated" from contention in the past and continued to push, and I get the sense that this probably won't be the last we hear of the Trojans in this particular battle.

"Defensive line coach Kenechi Udeze from SC already called," Tuitele's father tells me. "Tui just got off the phone with him. Coach they aren't done with him yet.

"It was a difficult choice and a hard one for our son. He grew up watching USC with me and became an instant fan. It's been a hard month for him on narrowing it down."