Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Conservative wet dream abandoned

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club
    I can't remember my last wet dream
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,216 Standard Supporter

Revenues rose substantially under Reagan but I understand that this is akin to a religious experience to the left to deny that.

Keep the faith and ignore the spending

At least Reagan's rampant deficit spending helped the economy. It was worth it IMO.

As for spending increases....

Hmmmm. GW is a bit more understandable after 9/11. How could Obama rack up a deficit greater than all prior president's only spending at an 2% higher rate?
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    edited June 2017
    Sledog said:

Revenues rose substantially under Reagan but I understand that this is akin to a religious experience to the left to deny that.

At least Reagan's rampant deficit spending helped the economy. It was worth it IMO.

Hmmmm. GW is a bit more understandable after 9/11. How could Obama rack up a deficit greater than all prior president's only spending at an 2% higher rate?
    I wish I could say I am shocked by such ignorance. Welcome to troomps america. Ts&Ps for the United States.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

Cool story. Spending was lowest with a GOP congress under Clinton. We knew that.

I prefer the Democratic President + Republican Congress arrangement too.

One party rule for either side is horrible.
    Whenever one side has control they get all excited and jerk off all over each other then quickly lose control. Dumbo with a Powerpoint is a prime example.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110
    Sledog said:

Guessing you weren't a math major?
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Sledog said:

You do realize that there's 2 sides to deficits, right? You say a lot of ignorant shit, that one takes them all.
    Yeah color me stupid maybe it's the chart from the "short, contemporary news and opinion through the lens of Austrian economics and libertarian political economy". Oh and the doubling of the debt.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Sledog said:

Yeah color me stupid maybe it's the chart from the "short, contemporary news and opinion through the lens of Austrian economics and libertarian political economy". Oh and the doubling of the debt.

edited June 2017
    Sledog said:

Yes, you are stupid. Look up the facts.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,664 Standard Supporter

Cool story. Spending was lowest with a GOP congress under Clinton. We knew that.

Disagree.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

In 94 we had two parties. I agree in principle but the GOP Congress needs to be aborted n a back alley with a hanger regardless of who is in the white house. Not that the dems deserve any better

Not always does this work and to support my statement I present to you....Hondo.
    salemcoog said:

In 94 we had two parties. I agree in principle but the GOP Congress needs to be aborted n a back alley with a hanger regardless of who is in the white house. Not that the dems deserve any better

Not always does this work and to support my statement I present to you....Hondo.
    Free pub!!!

Sledog said:

CNN can't even lie their way out.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/19/news/economy/debt-obama-trump/index.html
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Grow the hell up and learn the difference between raw dollars and percentages.
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Did you read the article?

The debt would have risen by $3 trillion because of tax and spending policies that were already in place. Plus, the Great Recession drove up spending on safety net programs, such as Medicaid and food stamps, without the president or Congress doing a thing.

This is not to say that Obama had zero impact on the debt during his two terms in office. His 2009 stimulus plan and his making most of the Bush tax cuts permanent in 2012 contributed to the debt. But the 2011 Budget Control Act, which curbed government spending, helped slow the projected growth in debt.

Also, keep in mind that Obama can't take any financial steps without Congress' approval. And Republicans controlled the House for six years of his term and the Senate for two years.

So we rate Moore's claim as true, but misleading.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Grow the hell up and learn the difference between raw dollars and percentages.
    Or kill your stupid fucking self.

Whichever.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,988
    Swaye said:

I always support classy coat hanger abortions of Congresscritters (note: this is not a call for genocide)
    I gotta tell you, that sounds a lot like genocide to me. And I know genocide.
    HRYN. Swaye knows genocide when he sees it.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,998 Founders Club

Disagree.
    Bernie lost dude. Get over it.