Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110
    Kansas even cut school weeks down to four days in order to make budget.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    Having more people on public assistance is always better for Honda's economy.

Because people like Hondo don't care about a bottom line when we can just print moar money.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,019 Founders Club
    salemcoog said:

Because people like Hondo don't care about a bottom line when we can just print moar money.

Deficits don't matter. The GOP taught us that.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

salemcoog said:

Deficits don't matter. The GOP taught us that.
    They were deficiting before it was cool to defecate. I have to give you that.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club
    Revenues rose substantially under Reagan but I understand that this is akin to a religious experience to the left to deny that.

Keep the faith and ignore the spending
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Revenues rose substantially under Reagan but I understand that this is akin to a religious experience to the left to deny that.

At least Reagan's rampant deficit spending helped the economy. It was worth it IMO.

As for spending increases....

Cool story. Spending was lowest with a GOP congress under Clinton. We knew that.

Cool story. Spending was lowest with a GOP congress under Clinton. We knew that.

I prefer the Democratic President + Republican Congress arrangement too.

One party rule for either side is horrible.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    salemcoog said:

Da fuq does cutting taxes on wealthy and businesses and cutting spending on education, middle class jobs and pensions have to do with people on public assistance?

In 94 we had two parties. I agree in principle but the GOP Congress needs to be aborted n a back alley with a hanger regardless of who is in the white house. Not that the dems deserve any better

Not when you put revenues in context with the size of the economy. But facts don't matter to you.

In 94 we had two parties. I agree in principle but the GOP Congress needs to be aborted n a back alley with a hanger regardless of who is in the white house. Not that the dems deserve any better
    I always support classy coat hanger abortions of Congresscritters (note: this is not a call for genocide)

2001400ex said:

Not when you put revenues in context with the size of the economy. But facts don't matter to you.
    Shut the fuck up
    You clearly don't like facts. I'll wait for you to pay Derek $100.
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Shut the fuck up
    I want you here as a living breathing example of abject stupidity

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Shut the fuck up
    I want you here as a living breathing example of abject stupidity
    Ironic.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,019 Founders Club

There's a sweet spot on tax rates for top brackets. Reagan was right to bring it down from 70% or whatever the hell it was at the time. But doubt there's much economic stimulus going from, say, 39% down to 29%.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club

I always support classy coat hanger abortions of Congresscritters (note: this is not a call for genocide)
    I gotta tell you, that sounds a lot like genocide to me. And I know genocide.