Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Everyone who picked the Cavs to win the series forgot one very important thing

Comments

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,917 Founders Club
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Anybody that picked the Cavs simply subscribed to the idea that the best player in the series is LBJ, that the Cavs won last year, and therefore would win this year ...

They forgot the following:

1) Last year was a bit of a fluke

2) Warriors got SIGNIFICANTLY better by adding Durant

3) The dirty secret that LBJ may not be EASILY the best player on the court anymore (if at all) ...
    Tequilla said:

Anybody that picked the Cavs simply subscribed to the idea that the best player in the series is LBJ, that the Cavs won last year, and therefore would win this year ...

They forgot the following:

1) Last year was a bit of a fluke

2) Warriors got SIGNIFICANTLY better by adding Durant

3) The dirty secret that LBJ may not be EASILY the best player on the court anymore (if at all) ...

I like our chances.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club
    Hate to agree with Tequila in a basketball thread, but last year was insanely fluky.

You had the Tom Rinaladi and fat face Cleveland special about their lack of championships.

Hurt Curry

Suspended Draymond

It was destiny.

Take the screenshots, here comes the sweep.
    Can you honestly say that LBJ is better than Durant at this point?

And I don't think that the Warriors would trade KD for LBJ straight up
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

Can you honestly say that LBJ is better than Durant at this point?

And I don't think that the Warriors would trade KD for LBJ straight up

Yes Brons better.

Agree GS isn't making that trade. Neither is Cleveland.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    Great teams don't lose by a "fluke". They win. The Warriors lost. Game 7 at home and they lost.

So far Durant has lost a Finals 4-1 and blown a 3-1 lead in the WCF. Now he is hiding behind the Big 3 at Golden State who are 1-1 in the Finals without him.

Lebron is in his 7th straight finals, 8 total.

Durant is clearly better. fuck
    My Preds just came back from 2-0 down to tie it up at home. The people acting like the series is over are silly. LIPO.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    PurpleJ said:

My Preds just came back from 2-0 down to tie it up at home. The people acting like the series is over are silly. LIPO.

Your Preds have nothing to do with a basketball series, but agree.

Great teams don't lose by a "fluke". They win. The Warriors lost. Game 7 at home and they lost.

So far Durant has lost a Finals 4-1 and blown a 3-1 lead in the WCF. Now he is hiding behind the Big 3 at Golden State who are 1-1 in the Finals without him.

Laughable

Last year's Finals was a fluke ... but it happened and congrats to LBJ and the Cavs ... they literally needed EVERYTHING to go right for them to come back from 3-1 down and they got it

Durant's blowing of a 3-1 lead to the Warriors last year is as much on Westbrook and the rest of his team than it is on him ... if you don't understand that then you likely never will ...

If talking about KD's Finals loss as a strike against him ... what about LBJ's losses in the Finals?

If you haven't noticed that Tequilla hates LeBron, I can't help you.
    He's a great player but not my cup of tea ... I think he has some unique advantages that enable him to be ahead of many others from the word go similar to Wilt and Shaq ...

For players that are just flat out genetically superior, I do think that they have a different bar to measure themselves against
    Tequilla said:

Laughable

Last year's Finals was a fluke ... but it happened and congrats to LBJ and the Cavs ... they literally needed EVERYTHING to go right for them to come back from 3-1 down and they got it

Durant's blowing of a 3-1 lead to the Warriors last year is as much on Westbrook and the rest of his team than it is on him ... if you don't understand that then you likely never will ...

If talking about KD's Finals loss as a strike against him ... what about LBJ's losses in the Finals?
    So you are acknowledging that the Warriors are not in any discussion of all time great teams.

When Durant has three rings we can discuss how many finals he needs on top of that. Magic was 5-4.

James has been ripped for every game he has ever lost. Durant gets a pass because he's a pussy.

Going back to back is the minimum requirement for a great team.

Celtics, Lakers more than once. Bulls - 2 three peats. Heat back to back. James has a chance to do it with two different teams.

But Durant is better
    Last year's Warriors are not an all time great ... they lost in the Finals

If they win 2 in 3 years (and who knows what else they will do) we can revisit where they stand from a long term perspective

If they go through the playoffs this year 16-0 then you have to put them in the discussion for best single season team ever

The 86 Celtics are widely considered in the discussion of best team ever - they never repeated
    Tequilla said:

If they win 2 in 3 years (and who knows what else they will do) we can revisit where they stand from a long term perspective

If they go through the playoffs this year 16-0 then you have to put them in the discussion for best single season team ever

The 86 Celtics are widely considered in the discussion of best team ever - they never repeated

The 86 Celtics are white. Hope this helps. If they were black they'd be just another team. Like the Warriors

Tequilla said:

The 86 Celtics are white. Hope this helps. If they were black they'd be just another team. Like the Warriors
    That's LaVar Ball stupid
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

If you haven't noticed that Tequilla hates LeBron, I can't help you.
    I don't like LeBron at all. But he's Jordan and Russell combined compared to Durant.