Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Love affairs that make more sense than puppy's undying Lambo infatuation (picture thread)

13»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

As a mid 90's UW guy, I will forever have PTSD from the all the maddening close losses of that era. I get the shitty hand that Lambo was dealt and never felt he was a "bad" coach per say, but neither he, nor anyone that came after him, until Pete was up to the task. Average to good coaches are a dime a dozen; elite ones don't come around very often.

That became the battle between the doogs and the rational. Doogs are always - who can we get that is better? Sure, most coaches do suck and there is no guarantee which is why you fire them every 2 or 3 years until you find a gem.

Lambo got 6 years. Neu got 4 but earned that 5th year which would have been the time to fire him.

Gibly only got 2 years but it was 2 years too many
    Only distinction I would make is that most either suck or are average. Lambo and Rick were average coaches. Gilby, Ty, and Sark (despite a few house money moments) sucked. If Lambo was a completely worthless, sucky coach he would have crashed the whole thing in a couple of years Slingblade style.
    Neu was a bit above average, Lambo a bit below.

WARBTPO
    WARBWYOGTPO
    By this logic Pete hasn't proven anything yet.

Pete can pop off anytime he likes IMO
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    This thread is a good example of how 99% of you goofs felt about Petersern after 2 years. Of course Master Puppy provided the reality then, much like he is now regarding Lasmbright. Slowly, 1 X 1, you stubborn 3rd graders will come around to puppy's teachings. I got nothing but time. You guys have to a slave 12-hour days to put cabbage water and dry bread on the table, leaving little time to research tthe truths regarding husky football. Pup has it all stored upstairs, hee lived it 1st hand and in depth, close to the scene the last 30 years. You guys can Google-cheat to catch up. Consider it analogous to an open book test. Bone up butthuffs, then come back for discussion. As is, its like sharing threads on open season . No wonder Derek can't keep this place solvent.

I'll be relaxing with a laphroaig-15 and a fat juicy Copenhagen between the cheek and gum (As ole Earl Campbell used to say), waiting foot my pupils to come forward, 1X1, with their newly discovered truths regarding my favorite past time.

If I'm out on river limiting on summer run (river opened today...of course I bagged my limit after 15 minutes, while most went fishless after 5 hours). When your summer home resides on the bank of the best Puget sound steelhead drainage, it comes easy. Sorry i digress, and my point was that if I'm out on the river banks with my champion upland pointers taking in my lavished mountain lifestyle , Ill be back online shortly to grade your work.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club

This thread is a good example of how 99% of you goofs felt about Petersern after 2 years. Of course Master Puppy provided the reality then, much like he is now regarding Lasmbright. Slowly, 1 X 1, you stubborn 3rd graders will come around to puppy's teachings. I got nothing but time. You guys have to a slave 12-hour days to put cabbage water and dry bread on the table, leaving little time to research tthe truths regarding husky football. Pup has it all stored upstairs, hee lived it 1st hand and in depth, close to the scene the last 30 years. You guys can Google-cheat to catch up. Consider it analogous to an open book test. Bone up butthuffs, then come back for discussion. As is, its like sharing threads on open season . No wonder Derek can't keep this place solvent.

I'll be relaxing with a laphroaig-15 and a fat juicy Copenhagen between the cheek and gum (As ole Earl Campbell used to say), waiting foot my pupils to come forward, 1X1, with their newly discovered truths regarding my favorite past time.

If I'm out on river limiting on summer run (river opened today...of course I bagged my limit after 15 minutes, while most went fishless after 5 hours). When your summer home resides on the bank of the best Puget sound steelhead drainage, it comes easy. Sorry i digress, and my point was that if I'm out on the river banks with my champion upland pointers taking in my lavished mountain lifestyle , Ill be back online shortly to grade your work.

Christ!
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,832
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

dnc said:

Dont forget Lambo's near miss at back -to-back rose bowl in '96. 1 crucial poor decision to start fortney and shehee sent them to holiday bowl, that's it.

Sounds like two crucial decisions
    Semantics? Even your GED education should enable you to understand Lambright's impressive effort those 2 years. Only the great Bruce Snyder could have salvaged a train wreck of a UW program left after sanctions, and put them in a Pasadena position.

Actually he was too busy taking a 7-5 program to a few plays away from a natty. You weren't following the game back then...just trust that puppy was
    Again with the Bruce Snyder stuff
  • Options
    Founders Club

You could have squeezed 8-3 out of '93-'95 with a better coach. '97 still pisses me off. They went 8-4 with top ten talent.

Yeahs Bill, Nebraska and Ahman Green showed what top 10 talent we had in the trenches. Come on dude. A national TV audience noticed that.
    I watched that game back then and I've watched some of it again on YouTube. Huard was out by the second quarter first of all. Secondly, they were better, but some of it was our coaching/development. Those 1996 and 1997 rosters had tons of NFL talent. I went over it over a year ago and I don't feel like looking it up again, but there were at least eight or nine guys from the '97 team who played in the NFL, probably way more. The only excuse we had was really lack of depth
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    What is cabbage water!?
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club

What is cabbage water!?

Huh bitch?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

You could have squeezed 8-3 out of '93-'95 with a better coach. '97 still pisses me off. They went 8-4 with top ten talent.

Yeahs Bill, Nebraska and Ahman Green showed what top 10 talent we had in the trenches. Come on dude. A national TV audience noticed that.
    I watched that game back then and I've watched some of it again on YouTube. Huard was out by the second quarter first of all. Secondly, they were better, but some of it was our coaching/development. Those 1996 and 1997 rosters had tons of NFL talent. I went over it over a year ago and I don't feel like looking it up again, but there were at least eight or nine guys from the '97 team who played in the NFL, probably way more. The only excuse we had was really lack of coaching
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

I watched that game back then and I've watched some of it again on YouTube. Huard was out by the second quarter first of all. Secondly, they were better, but some of it was our coaching/development. Those 1996 and 1997 rosters had tons of NFL talent. I went over it over a year ago and I don't feel like looking it up again, but there were at least eight or nine guys from the '97 team who played in the NFL, probably way more. The only excuse we had was really lack of depth
    Why the fuck you think Brock 'was out by the second quarter' Billy? Shit o dear! Nebraska bitch-slapped both our lines around ALL DAY with ease. Next to Miami and LSU, I've never seen a husky team get pushed around that bad and like that on a sun-soaked day in '97 in husky stadium.

Brock NEVER recovered from that beat down. He threw horribly off his rear left foot the rest his career
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,501
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bone up butthuffs
  • Options
    Founders Club

Why the fuck you think Brock 'was out by the second quarter' Billy? Shit o dear! Nebraska bitch-slapped both our lines around ALL DAY with ease. Next to Miami and LSU, I've never seen a husky team get pushed around that bad and like that on a sun-soaked day in '97 in husky stadium.

Brock NEVER recovered from that beat down. He threw horribly off his rear left foot the rest his career
    Tony Coats, Olin Kruetz, Benji Olson...just as good as anything over the past 40 years except for maybe 1990 and 1991....coach them up and/or scheme better
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,898
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ardbeg > Laphroaig, but still.

And speaking of mountain trout, catch them above 10,000 feet, and then pop off.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

TI,CR*

*Too Incoherent, Couldn't Read

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Disagree
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,898
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

As a mid 90's UW guy, I will forever have PTSD from the all the maddening close losses of that era. I get the shitty hand that Lambo was dealt and never felt he was a "bad" coach per say, but neither he, nor anyone that came after him, until Pete was up to the task. Average to good coaches are a dime a dozen; elite ones don't come around very often.

That became the battle between the doogs and the rational. Doogs are always - who can we get that is better? Sure, most coaches do suck and there is no guarantee which is why you fire them every 2 or 3 years until you find a gem.

Lambo got 6 years. Neu got 4 but earned that 5th year which would have been the time to fire him.

Gibly only got 2 years but it was 2 years too many
    Only distinction I would make is that most either suck or are average. Lambo and Rick were average coaches. Gilby, Ty, and Sark (despite a few house money moments) sucked. If Lambo was a completely worthless, sucky coach he would have crashed the whole thing in a couple of years Slingblade style.
    Neu was a bit above average, Lambo a bit below.

WARBTPO
    WARBWYOGTPO
    By this logic Pete hasn't proven anything yet.

Pete can pop off anytime he likes IMO
    I was just acronym fucking with Boobs here.

Pete's PAC title team was stacked with Pete guys.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,501
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Puppy good swimmer
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Lambo would have won the conference every year if Lambo didn't make such shitty decisions.

Pup?