Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Love affairs that make more sense than puppy's undying Lambo infatuation (picture thread)

Comments

• Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

Dont forget Lambo's near miss at back -to-back rose bowl in '96. 1 crucial poor decision to start fortney and shehee sent them to holiday bowl, that's it.

Sounds like two crucial decisions
    Semantics? Even your GED education should enable you to understand Lambright's impressive effort those 2 years. Only the great Bruce Snyder could have salvaged a train wreck of a UW program left after sanctions, and put them in a Pasadena position.

Actually he was too busy taking a 7-5 program to a few plays away from a natty. You weren't following the game back then...just trust that puppy was
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Dont forget Lambo's near miss at back -to-back rose bowl in '96. 1 crucial poor decision to start fortney and shehee sent them to holiday bowl, that's it.

Sounds like two crucial decisions
    Semantics? Even your GED education should enable you to understand Lambright's impressive effort those 2 years. Only the great Bruce Snyder could have salvaged a train wreck of a UW program left after sanctions, and put them in a Pasadena position.

Actually he was too busy taking a 7-5 program to a few plays away from a natty. You weren't following the game back then...just trust that puppy was
    National Merit Award Winner bitch!

Lambo was a perennial underachiever, just like Sark.

Take the "few plays from a natty" for a coach who never even won the conference nonsense to the AuburbDawg bored where it belongs.

#IWasThere

Look at the roster in 95 you fucking tard. Jimmy didn't have a lot of scholarships to offer kickers, skill guys. He patched a bunch of band aid whities and misfits around what little linemen he had to work with and was a dropped pick or field goal away from Pasadena. You HH fucks never get it. Why I can't stand coming here for more than a week at a time. Most ignorant college football fans I've ever had the displeasure of conversing with.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,812
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    You could have squeezed 8-3 out of '93-'95 with a better coach. '97 still pisses me off. They went 8-4 with top ten talent.
  • Options

You could have squeezed 8-3 out of '93-'95 with a better coach. '97 still pisses me off. They went 8-4 with top ten talent.

Yeahs Bill, Nebraska and Ahman Green showed what top 10 talent we had in the trenches. Come on dude. A national TV audience noticed that.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

Lambo didn't have to contend with a Pete Carroll USC, a Chip Kelley Oregon or a Jim Harbaugh/Shaw Stanford either.

And only three years of DJ's nemesis Terry Donahue
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,204
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

As a mid 90's UW guy, I will forever have PTSD from the all the maddening close losses of that era. I get the shitty hand that Lambo was dealt and never felt he was a "bad" coach per say, but neither he, nor anyone that came after him, until Pete was up to the task. Average to good coaches are a dime a dozen; elite ones don't come around very often.

That became the battle between the doogs and the rational. Doogs are always - who can we get that is better? Sure, most coaches do suck and there is no guarantee which is why you fire them every 2 or 3 years until you find a gem.

Lambo got 6 years. Neu got 4 but earned that 5th year which would have been the time to fire him.

Gibly only got 2 years but it was 2 years too many
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,884
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

As a mid 90's UW guy, I will forever have PTSD from the all the maddening close losses of that era. I get the shitty hand that Lambo was dealt and never felt he was a "bad" coach per say, but neither he, nor anyone that came after him, until Pete was up to the task. Average to good coaches are a dime a dozen; elite ones don't come around very often.

That became the battle between the doogs and the rational. Doogs are always - who can we get that is better? Sure, most coaches do suck and there is no guarantee which is why you fire them every 2 or 3 years until you find a gem.

Lambo got 6 years. Neu got 4 but earned that 5th year which would have been the time to fire him.

Only distinction I would make is that most either suck or are average. Lambo and Rick were average coaches. Gilby, Ty, and Sark (despite a few house money moments) sucked. If Lambo was a completely worthless, sucky coach he would have crashed the whole thing in a couple of years Slingblade style.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Only distinction I would make is that most either suck or are average. Lambo and Rick were average coaches. Gilby, Ty, and Sark (despite a few house money moments) sucked. If Lambo was a completely worthless, sucky coach he would have crashed the whole thing in a couple of years Slingblade style.
    Neu was a bit above average, Lambo a bit below.

WARBTPO
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,884
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

WARBTPO
    WARBWYOGTPO
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club