Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What is the right amount of Basic Income?

doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
We should all be receiving?

Comments

• UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110
    What is the right's solution for 95% of current jobs being automated?
  • RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,527
    Aren't you a strip mall stock broker who works for Scotttrade or Fidelity? So probably slightly more than whatever your annual income is.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    $7.11 per .28 hour of course.
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,974
    However much somebody is willing to pay you for the work you do.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Out of the loop, I see
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club

Radical idea. Don't think it will work
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

You better check your privilege.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,019 Founders Club
    Charles Murray, a prominent conservative political scientist, who made news of late as being the speaker the snowflakes rioted against at Middlebury, thinks it should be around $10,000 a year deposited into a certifiable bank account (Healthcare would be separate deal). No taxes on your first $30,000 (including the universal basic income) so as to remove dis-incentive from going out and getting a low paying job. Logic is that having $30,000 a year will be better for most, than $10,000 even if you have to earn it by showing up at a job. Right now too many in our society are choosing idle poverty (e.g., disability payments) over working poverty, because there's not much difference financially.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    I'd love to hear your solution to the oncoming crisis of mass-automation
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,019 Founders Club

Charles Murray, a prominent conservative political scientist, who made news of late as being the speaker the snowflakes rioted against at Middlebury, thinks it should be around $10,000 a year deposited into a certifiable bank account (Healthcare would be separate deal). No taxes on your first $30,000 (including the universal basic income) so as to remove dis-incentive from going out and getting a low paying job. Logic is that having $30,000 a year will be better for most, than $10,000 even if you have to earn it by showing up at a job. Right now too many in our society are choosing idle poverty (e.g., disability payments) over working poverty, because there's not much difference financially.

Idle poverty is our war cry on HH.
    Sure if you want to live in your 2 dad's basement and subsist on ramen and Mountain Dew. But if you want hookers and blow you still gotta get a job at Orkin or something. The beauty of UBI is that is doesn't penalize one from taking the crummy job.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,860

Sure if you want to live in your 2 dad's basement and subsist on ramen and Mountain Dew. But if you want hookers and blow you still gotta get a job at Orkin or something. The beauty of UBI is that is doesn't penalize one from taking the crummy job.
    True true. 800 bucks a month isn't gonna get me too far. Maybe if I pop out a few kids I can get more.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    You plan on popping out kids and stealing their basic income?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Swaye said:

Stop appropriating my culture.
    I read war and assumed @Dardanus was the one being appropriated.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    I like mine. $100k, insurances that cover everything so well a catastrophic event means nothing financially, 5% IRA matching, and 1% for every year worked for a pension based on your three highest income years.

Also if you hit 30 years and are at your minimum retirement age you get a Social Security bridge gap that equals your early Social Security amount. Dumbo wants to take this away though, even though he started receiving Social Security as a small child.
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,964
    I think we should let people vote every 4 years on how much their Basic Income should be.