Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What is the right amount of Basic Income?

13»

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    Dardanus said:

Swaye said:

Charles Murray, a prominent conservative political scientist, who made news of late as being the speaker the snowflakes rioted against at Middlebury, thinks it should be around $10,000 a year deposited into a certifiable bank account (Healthcare would be separate deal). No taxes on your first $30,000 (including the universal basic income) so as to remove dis-incentive from going out and getting a low paying job. Logic is that having $30,000 a year will be better for most, than $10,000 even if you have to earn it by showing up at a job. Right now too many in our society are choosing idle poverty (e.g., disability payments) over working poverty, because there's not much difference financially.

Idle poverty is our war cry on HH.
    Stop appropriating my culture.
    I read war and assumed @Dardanus was the one being appropriated.

Good assumption, but I've been doing just fine lately:
    Dardanus reigned for sixty four or sixty five years and was succeeded by his son Erichthonius.

@ErichthoniusDawg is still available.

salemcoog said:

What is the right's solution for 95% of current jobs being automated?

THE ROBOTS ARE COMING!!!!!

THE ROBOTS ARE COMING!!!!

Fuck I hate stupid liberals.
    Productivity growth in the US has been pretty much flat since the 1970
    salemcoog said:

What is the right's solution for 95% of current jobs being automated?

THE ROBOTS ARE COMING!!!!!

THE ROBOTS ARE COMING!!!!

Fuck I hate stupid liberals.
    There will still be jobs post the robot menace. Challenge is there will be less of them where by people of average ability can still earn a really good living. Consider, right now there about 1.5 million households in the US where the primary breadwinner drives a truck for a living - what's that going to look like in 20 or 30 years? Yes, technological change has always been a constant in this country and past creative destruction has yielded new and better jobs, but this doesn't mean we can always count on this in the future.
    FYI- there will still be drivers in trucks for the most part for a long, long time. ADAS level 5 is a long way off.

You were there?

You were there?
    Actually was.