Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

YouTube channel with old Husky Football games

124»

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Gladstone said:

[BrowningFanboy]

True sophomore breaks tons of school and conference records, wins conference player of the year, sixth in the Heisman Trophy voting, plays through enormous pain the last quarter of the season, yet written off by posters here.

I'm sorry he couldn't win a national championship for your dead mother, Race, I really am. That would've been amazing.

He's the best we've had in a long time though and too many of you fucks are ungrateful.

[/BrowningFanboy]

He's good. I like him more than most. That said, we saw what a De'Shaun Watson type QB can do. A great QB is the great equalizer to having a less talented team, which face it, is likely when UW plays Alabama, Ohio State, etc.

There is also the mobility issue. Mobile QB's are almost a necessity in today's college football.
    It's a big year for Browning. He took a massive leap from his true frosh year to his sophomore year. He doesn't need to take as big of a leap, but needs to show he can play competently in big games, which is really all he has left to prove. He doesn't have to put up his average against the best teams, just a solid, brownsocksless performance. If he does that, he'll be damn near Danny Wuerfell status - really good QB on a great team who got a little too much credit for their success but they wouldn't have won without him.

If he doesn't take that step this year, he's probably always a tier 2 college QB at best.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    dnc said:

Gladstone said:

[BrowningFanboy]

True sophomore breaks tons of school and conference records, wins conference player of the year, sixth in the Heisman Trophy voting, plays through enormous pain the last quarter of the season, yet written off by posters here.

I'm sorry he couldn't win a national championship for your dead mother, Race, I really am. That would've been amazing.

He's the best we've had in a long time though and too many of you fucks are ungrateful.

[/BrowningFanboy]

He's good. I like him more than most. That said, we saw what a De'Shaun Watson type QB can do. A great QB is the great equalizer to having a less talented team, which face it, is likely when UW plays Alabama, Ohio State, etc.

There is also the mobility issue. Mobile QB's are almost a necessity in today's college football.
    It's a big year for Browning. He took a massive leap from his true frosh year to his sophomore year. He doesn't need to take as big of a leap, but needs to show he can play competently in big games, which is really all he has left to prove. He doesn't have to put up his average against the best teams, just a solid, brownsocksless performance. If he does that, he'll be damn near Danny Wuerfell status - really good QB on a great team who got a little too much credit for their success but they wouldn't have won without him.

If he doesn't take that step this year, he's probably always a tier 2 college QB at best.
    He could play like Jack Lockner and the Huskies would still go 11-1 against the dreck schedule.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

[BrowningFanboy]

[/BrowningFanboy]

He could play like Jack Lockner and the Huskies would still go 11-1 against the dreck schedule.
    And make the P12 cash game with a shot at the playoffs.

At that poont he can't play like Lockner no more.