Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Noa Ngalu, 2019 3* DT, Menlo Park (Menlo-Atherton), CA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    ZombieBallzZombieBallz Member Posts: 78
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

dnc said:

You guys act like Qualls was some low rated try hard kid who overachieved and turned himself into something decent. He was a four star on every recruiting service, #96 overall on 247, #117 overall on ESPN, #114 on the composite. Get the fuck out of here with this Mosiah Liu is a better recruit shit.

I have no clue about Ngala, though I trust Coker's evaluation over the rest of you. I know Qualls was exactly the kind of recruit we all NTD, BB over.

And if we're using the NFL Draft as a guideline, Qualls was the 13th DT taken. You are out of your fucking mind if you think we're too good for the 13th best DT in the country.

He was overrated by the recruiting services coming out of high school. They rated him high because of his quickness and athleticism but they were under the impression he was 6'2. Not 6'0 with T-Rex arms. Physically, Liu is a better prospect than Qualls was without question and would have been a 4-star recruit had he stayed in California and done the camp circuit. Qualls wasn't the 13th best DT in the nation. There were younger DT's in the country who weren't eligible for the draft or decided to stay another year who were better them him as well. UW is about to put the #1 DT in the nation in the NFL. Why the fuck can't we do better than fucking Qualls?
    You just say whatever the fuck you want to don't you? He wasn't 6'0", he measured 6'1" at the NFL combine, which, wouldn't you know it, is exactly the height ESPN had him rated at. Liu is not a better prospect than Qualls without question. Qualls had offers from Michigan and Nebraska, Liu didn't have anything close to that.

You can say you like Liu better if you want to be a retard. You can't just say Liu is a better recruit than Qualls was. By every objective measure, he's not.

And yes shit Qualls was the 13th highest drafted DT in his draft class. We will always take a top 13 DT in their class you fucking idiot. We'll be developing very well if two out of ZTP, Bynum, Taimani and Liu end up top 13 in their draft class.
    Qualls is 6'0 and some change. Being measured with his hair gave him enough to measure 6'1. He had some of the shortest arms for a D-lineman the combine has ever seen. Knowing these measurements the recruiting services would not have rated him a 4-star.

Plenty of guys get offers from big name programs simply because of their star-rating.

Liu is a bit taller than Qualls. He's already a lean 280 lbs in high school and strong. Qualls came to UW a chunky 270 and got his ass kicked so bad by Sark O-lineman as a Freshman he thought about quitting football altogether. Liu will be more competitive as a Freshman. Feel free to let me know when I'm wrong.

No we don't want DT's that are 13th in their draft class you dumb bitch. We want guys who are top-5 in their draft class. Top-10 at a bare minimum. Fuck you're the king of doogs.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    If Ballz was recruiting our DT's we would only get Jayden Jernigan, and would have to panic offer Will Vea on signing day because he told every good player to fuck off.
  • Options
    dawgs206 said:

dnc said:

You guys act like Qualls was some low rated try hard kid who overachieved and turned himself into something decent. He was a four star on every recruiting service, #96 overall on 247, #117 overall on ESPN, #114 on the composite. Get the fuck out of here with this Mosiah Liu is a better recruit shit.

I have no clue about Ngala, though I trust Coker's evaluation over the rest of you. I know Qualls was exactly the kind of recruit we all NTD, BB over.

And if we're using the NFL Draft as a guideline, Qualls was the 13th DT taken. You are out of your fucking mind if you think we're too good for the 13th best DT in the country.

He was overrated by the recruiting services coming out of high school. They rated him high because of his quickness and athleticism but they were under the impression he was 6'2. Not 6'0 with T-Rex arms. Physically, Liu is a better prospect than Qualls was without question and would have been a 4-star recruit had he stayed in California and done the camp circuit. Qualls wasn't the 13th best DT in the nation. There were younger DT's in the country who weren't eligible for the draft or decided to stay another year who were better them him as well. UW is about to put the #1 DT in the nation in the NFL. Why the fuck can't we do better than fucking Qualls?
    Qualls had an offer list 5X as long as Liu with well-known academic issues. Liu's biggest offers outside of us? were Utah, WSU, and Boise State... They were not close to the same level of recruit coming out of HS and it takes 4 seconds to figure that out.

Sure, the recruiting services listed Qualls at 6'2, but meeting a head coach one time is all a coach would need to get a pretty accurate estimate of a kid's height. Most recruits stretch the truth about their height/weight and I would guess a coach as detailed as Petersen would know that.

Qualls was a 6th round pick because he has a limited frame. Worked fine in college, just not as high upside as a bigger DT. Same reason Grady Jarrett slid in the draft. Same reason Gaines came back this year...
    Offers don't mean shit when Liu was under the radar and didn't do any camps or anything to promote himself. And like I said, schools throw out offers to guys with 4-stars next to their names. That doesn't mean Qualls was a better prospect than Liu. Sidney Jones only had offers from UW and Utah and yet he turned out to be way fucking better than Naijil Hale who was rated 4-stars with more offers. Liu is just as athletic as Qualls was in high school. He not only played RB like Qualls, but also played LB, D-line, and TE. Liu is bigger and leaner than Qualls was coming out of high school and most likely has longer arms. So, about equal athleticism between the two but Liu has better measurables and physically looks better than a smaller, chunkier Qualls did in high school. How the fuck is Liu not objectively a better prospect than Qualls was?
  • Options
    AIRWOLF said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

You just say whatever the fuck you want to don't you? He wasn't 6'0", he measured 6'1" at the NFL combine, which, wouldn't you know it, is exactly the height ESPN had him rated at. Liu is not a better prospect than Qualls without question. Qualls had offers from Michigan and Nebraska, Liu didn't have anything close to that.

You can say you like Liu better if you want to be a retard. You can't just say Liu is a better recruit than Qualls was. By every objective measure, he's not.

And yes shit Qualls was the 13th highest drafted DT in his draft class. We will always take a top 13 DT in their class you fucking idiot. We'll be developing very well if two out of ZTP, Bynum, Taimani and Liu end up top 13 in their draft class.
    Qualls is 6'0 and some change. Being measured with his hair gave him enough to measure 6'1. He had some of the shortest arms for a D-lineman the combine has ever seen. Knowing these measurements the recruiting services would not have rated him a 4-star.

Plenty of guys get offers from big name programs simply because of their star-rating.

Liu is a bit taller than Qualls. He's already a lean 280 lbs in high school and strong. Qualls came to UW a chunky 270 and got his ass kicked so bad by Sark O-lineman as a Freshman he thought about quitting football altogether. Liu will be more competitive as a Freshman. Feel free to let me know when I'm wrong.

No we don't want DT's that are 13th in their draft class you dumb bitch. We want guys who are top-5 in their draft class. Top-10 at a bare minimum. Fuck you're the king of doogs.
    Chris Warren was also a better recruit and player than Gaskin, according to you.
    He was a better prospect than Gaskin without question and our coaches recruited him as such and would have taken him over Gaskin in a heart beat but he didn't develop properly in college and got too big.
  • Options

If Ballz was recruiting our DT's we would only get Jayden Jernigan, and would have to panic offer Will Vea on signing day because he told every good player to fuck off.

No we would have Jayden Jernignan and Sama Paama and then would go all in on Tuitele.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

AIRWOLF said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Chris Warren was also a better recruit and player than Gaskin, according to you.
    He was a better prospect than Gaskin without question and our coaches recruited him as such and would have taken him over Gaskin in a heart beat but he didn't develop properly in college and got too big.
    You also said he was better after two seasons of playing than Gaskin. People don't forget that.
  • Options
    AIRWOLF said:

AIRWOLF said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

You also said he was better after two seasons of playing than Gaskin. People don't forget that.
    He was better than Gaskin early in his career at Texas but had Deonte Freeman in front of him and never got the opportunity to be the lead back until he had already gotten too big. Circumstances matter.
  • Options

No we don't want DT's that are 13th in their draft class you dumb bitch. We want guys who are top-5 in their draft class. Top-10 at a bare minimum.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

AIRWOLF said:

AIRWOLF said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

He was better than Gaskin early in his career at Texas but had Deonte Freeman in front of him and never got the opportunity to be the lead back until he had already gotten too big. Circumstances matter.
    Nope. He was never better.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,472
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2018
    It's worth mentioning money issues played a big part in Qualls leaving after his Jr. year.

He was pretty damn versatile. Hard to imagine his stock doesn't go up with another year of Socha and the double teams on Vea.

I do think he could have developed more physically and may have not had an elite work ethic in that regard.

Regardless, yes we would take a Qualls recruit every year.
  • Options
    AIRWOLF said:

AIRWOLF said:

AIRWOLF said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Nope. He was never better.
    Yes he was. He was without question recruited as our #1 realistic RB target for that class.
  • Options
    79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 709
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The real question here is does zombie like big backs or not?
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The real question here is does zombie like big backs or not?

Jokes on us though. Zombieballz the Trojan horse of HH.
  • Options

Does anybody here want to see a D-line at UW that is on the level of those at Alabama, Clemson, and Ohio State? Do you honestly think signing the next Elijah Qualls gets us to that level? Pull your doog heads out of your doog asses and raise your fucking standards. This fucking place is becoming more an more like doogman by the day. You can't bash the kids anymore without a bunch of fucking doogs jumping on your back for having high standards.