Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Noa Ngalu, 2019 3* DT, Menlo Park (Menlo-Atherton), CA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    "trust the coaches" ... when I made that shirt in the other thread I was just poking fun at Dennis ... but the reality is that we're getting there. This is some fun shit ... and it's almost getting hard to talk negatively any more which was the basis of this website from the beginning.

But anyways, this is my take, rehashing shit i've said before ...

- Ngalu. If he can be 6'1" 295-310 of wrecking ball after a few years and keep most of his running back-ish athleticism ... this can work out great. He looks like an intimidating Poly motherfucker which I love. He has legit Poly cred.
    - Paama/Ika ... stout and dominating guys in the middle that fit this sytem. We need those guys. Just get Shelton/Vea to knock on their doors once and it's a done deal. You can teach technique and smarts but you can't teach that big ole butt size of those dudes.
    - Bandes - someone said they weren't too impressed with his film .... okay, whatever. I just know that it was either the SC guy or one of the major TBS'ers that said he was the most impressive d-line prospect (west coast probably) that he's seen in the last 10 years. Good enough for me. If that is the 411 on that guy ... what would be like once he was Socha'd?
    - Jernigan (see Ngalu) ... the only brotha in this list imagine that. Good for the Texas pipeline? Don't remember much tape but it looked decent. Haven't heard much of him lately.
    - Tuitele. Basically Ngalu plus. 6'3"- 6'4" ... good reasons why he's the #1 dude ... we still have a great shot according to his interviews. Send Vea right after he's drafted over to Tuitele's house ...
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

AIRWOLF said:

Swaye said:

I don't like it when Coker and Dennis disagree. Aside from the awkward sexual tension it creates, I have no idea what to think. So I don't like this.

He's fine. He's a decent prospect, I think Dennis just wants more than a par, or at least that's how I feel. Compared to last year's class, we're off to kind of an underwhelming start. I don't think any of our commits are bad, but we also don't have a single elite commit yet. Last year we had 8 or 9 in the final class. That should be the minimum expectation going forward.
    I think there are a couple things going on here.

1. This class will be a little larger than average.
    2. We showed last year we can close on elite players late against the likes of USC and Notre Dame.
    3. We haven't yet shown an ability to lock down elite out of state players early if USC et al are seriously in play.
    4. WA and OR are both lacking in elite 2019 talent.

Therefore why not employ a strategy of getting a bunch of guys committed who maybe aren't your top target at their position but would be in the top half of a very good signing class. This builds momentum and provides the staff with valuable information in order to efficiently deploy resources.

After spring you reevaluate and recalibrate and do it again for the summer/fall but being a little more selective and putting a little more pressure on those DDY3 kids you really want in the boat. Then you hopefully have a nearly full class and can put on full court pressure for the Kahos and Tulis in December-February.

Certainty has value. Its much easier to swing for the fences on Tuitele if you already have Ngalu and Paama in the boat.
    This is an exquisitely rational post.

Where the fuck am I?
    The only Husky fan forum where rationality doesn't get you banned- just made fun of.
    Bored motto?
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

I don't like it when Coker and Dennis disagree. Aside from the awkward sexual tension it creates, I have no idea what to think. So I don't like this.

He's fine. He's a decent prospect, I think Dennis just wants more than a par, or at least that's how I feel. Compared to last year's class, we're off to kind of an underwhelming start. I don't think any of our commits are bad, but we also don't have a single elite commit yet. Last year we had 8 or 9 in the final class. That should be the minimum expectation going forward.
    Let's do this shit Tequila style! Novel time bitches:

First, I agree with what both you and Dennis are saying. I'd feel a fuck load better if there was an elite guy or two included in the mix by now. QB Sirmon (super early), Yankoff, Spiker, Ozzy, and Dom (didn't know he was elite at the time) were all guys that got in the boat relatively early. Those elite guys with Lowe, Culp, Ale, Draco, Mele, LB Sirmon, and Curne all became a really tight group through the summer and fall.

That said, of those elite guys you referenced, 5 didn't commit until the December-February stretch run. If we're being honest (which we rarely fucking do), recruiting completely stalled in October and November. We? had a great base but it looked like we? were going to fall short on the remaining elite guys and DDY was going to drive his rascal scooter into a tree.

Taki, Kaho, Gordon, Irvin, and Tuli. Those are the final 5 elite guys we? got during that stretch run, and they are all guys that none of us thought we? had a chance at based on who the competition was. Taki over ND? Kaho over Bama and USC (who didn't even speak to him on his visit)? Gordon over ND and Stanford? Irvin over USC and Bama? Tuli over USC?

In our fucking doog dreams.

Then the holidays hit and we started panicking as guys like Liu and ZTF and Tafisi jumped on. These dudes are decent but where are the elite?!

Then our dreams came true and we started dooging like we've never doog'd before. Gordon and Irvin joined because Lake is a god and they are tight and wanted to play together.

But those 3 poly's? They joined because it felt like family. All of them said it felt like home and a brotherhood.

So the point of this long-winded Teq style poast is that while my instincts tell me to panic that we? are getting good players but where are the elite? Well typically the elite don't commit until later in the process. They're getting courted by all the major fucking schools and they want to take their visits and enjoy every fucking second. And who can blame them? I'd take every visit and go to every college party and fuck every college chick I could during that time.

If our? strategy is to build class early in the process of really good players who have the chance of developing later then I'm out. But if our? strategy is to build a class early in the process of good players who are going to be a tight knit group that create a different atmosphere that those elite targets can't help but want to be a part of, then count me fucking in.

Our current class:

Morris gives us the QB that is ranked great and other recruits will like (but he's a midget which isn't ideal).
    Pa'ama can be Vea and Ngalu can be Gaines, then holy fuck.
    Luciano can be a Shelton type.
    If we? land Charbonnet to go with Davis then none of us can bitch.
    Maybe Fabiculanananananananen has what Lake saw early in Dom, and his JR tape is decent and we are like cool but not blown away and the networks bury him in their rankings but then as a SR we all say wtf how is this kid ranked so low.
    Kalepo is of course a fucking god and is recruiting all those elite guys and building this group closer together, as well as becoming a better player.

I know the elite kids from early last year are missing from this group, and that's shitty. But if one or two can be diamonds in the rough, the rest can be good players who give us? depth, and all of them create a group that those elite kids later in the process want to join because it's a "family", then this strategy has legs and us fucktards just need to LIPO.

How's that for some doog shit?
    That's fair. I find it more fun to shit on everything, tho.
    The quality shitpoasting is what keeps me coming back.
  • tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

Exactly. I hate when Mom and Dad fight. Coker’s silence in this thread is deafening. Please get on the same page guys. This is all so confusing!
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    tvoie said:

Swaye said:

Exactly. I hate when Mom and Dad fight. Coker’s silence in this thread is deafening. Please get on the same page guys. This is all so confusing!
    Who is the mom in this case?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

tvoie said:

Swaye said:

Who is the mom in this case?
    @MrsPetersen
  • RDRRDR Member Posts: 580
    tvoie said:

Swaye said:

Exactly. I hate when Mom Dad and Dad fight. Coker’s silence in this thread is deafening. Please get on the same page guys. This is all so confusing!
    If they can get ika, bandes/jernigan and Allah-willing tuitele then paama gets moved to guard as he said he enjoys offense more.

Fuck me man.
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

AIRWOLF said:

Swaye said:

I think there are a couple things going on here.

1. This class will be a little larger than average.
    2. We showed last year we can close on elite players late against the likes of USC and Notre Dame.
    3. We haven't yet shown an ability to lock down elite out of state players early if USC et al are seriously in play.
    4. WA and OR are both lacking in elite 2019 talent.

Therefore why not employ a strategy of getting a bunch of guys committed who maybe aren't your top target at their position but would be in the top half of a very good signing class. This builds momentum and provides the staff with valuable information in order to efficiently deploy resources.

After spring you reevaluate and recalibrate and do it again for the summer/fall but being a little more selective and putting a little more pressure on those DDY3 kids you really want in the boat. Then you hopefully have a nearly full class and can put on full court pressure for the Kahos and Tulis in December-February.

Certainty has value. Its much easier to swing for the fences on Tuitele if you already have Ngalu and Paama in the boat.
    This is an exquisitely rational post.

Where the fuck am I?
    The only Husky fan forum where rationality doesn't get you banned- just made fun of.

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He looks like he sucks

Now the 3rd UW commit (Kalepo and Pa'ama) that will be at the bowel likely recruiting for us?. If Heimuli jumps on board that's all the better. Shaping up to be like last year which landed us? Tuli.

I repeat:

"If our? strategy is to build class early in the process of really good players who have the chance of developing later then I'm out. But if our? strategy is to build a class early in the process of good players who are going to be a tight knit group that create a different atmosphere that those elite targets can't help but want to be a part of, then count me fucking in."
    Tuitele is playing at poly bowel.

Like I said before, get Shelton back and vea as a new guest poly coach and we're laughing.
  • NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686

Now the 3rd UW commit (Kalepo and Pa'ama) that will be at the bowel likely recruiting for us?. If Heimuli jumps on board that's all the better. Shaping up to be like last year which landed us? Tuli.

I repeat:

"If our? strategy is to build class early in the process of really good players who have the chance of developing later then I'm out. But if our? strategy is to build a class early in the process of good players who are going to be a tight knit group that create a different atmosphere that those elite targets can't help but want to be a part of, then count me fucking in."
    I laffed at bowel. I'm easily amused
  • jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

dnc said:

dnc said:

Does anybody here want to see a D-line at UW that is on the level of those at Alabama, Clemson, and Ohio State? Do you honestly think signing the next Elijah Qualls gets us to that level? Pull your doog heads out of your doog asses and raise your fucking standards. This fucking place is becoming more an more like doogman by the day. You can't bash the kids anymore without a bunch of fucking doogs jumping on your back for having high standards.

Qualls was first team All Pac12 as a junior. If you really think we are too good for another player like that you are BallzDeepFS.

Oh.
    So what? He was a 6th round pick. He wasn't good enough. We just did fucking better this past recruiting class dumb fuck. Taimani and Letuligasenoa are both better recruits than Qualls was coming out of high school.
    Tuli yes. Taimani no. But even if that was true, we took multiple other DL.

We absolutely would have taken Qualls in last year's class. Or this year's.

You care way too fucking much about the NFL draft.

Yeah the NFL draft fucking matters because it tells you what the experts in the sport of football think about a guy. Sure they make mistakes here and there but elite guys don't fall to the 6th round. If you want to just talk college fine. In Qualls last season when he was 1st-team All-Pac-12 he wouldn't have even been a starter for any of the other Playoff teams. Yes, he was a good player for us but we are trying to do better and can do better.
    tombradywho.gif
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dnc said:

Does anybody here want to see a D-line at UW that is on the level of those at Alabama, Clemson, and Ohio State? Do you honestly think signing the next Elijah Qualls gets us to that level? Pull your doog heads out of your doog asses and raise your fucking standards. This fucking place is becoming more an more like doogman by the day. You can't bash the kids anymore without a bunch of fucking doogs jumping on your back for having high standards.

Qualls was first team All Pac12 as a junior. If you really think we are too good for another player like that you are BallzDeepFS.

Oh.
    So what? He was a 6th round pick. He wasn't good enough. We just did fucking better this past recruiting class dumb fuck. Taimani and Letuligasenoa are both better recruits than Qualls was coming out of high school.
    Tuli yes. Taimani no. But even if that was true, we took multiple other DL.

We absolutely would have taken Qualls in last year's class. Or this year's.

You care way too fucking much about the NFL draft.

Yeah the NFL draft fucking matters because it tells you what the experts in the sport of football think about a guy. Sure they make mistakes here and there but elite guys don't fall to the 6th round. If you want to just talk college fine. In Qualls last season when he was 1st-team All-Pac-12 he wouldn't have even been a starter for any of the other Playoff teams. Yes, he was a good player for us but we are trying to do better and can do better.
    tombradywho.gif
    How many college players get drafted? It is still an honor
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    edited August 2018
    There were too many poasts that aged super well in this thread for me to quote. Now that we got Pa'ama and Bandes, maybe people can enjoy Ngalu for what he is, which is a solid fucking player.

Also.....

Ngalu is whatever.

I'm not super into him and I don't hate him. I agree with @ZombieBallz.

He is so good I watched his whole highlight tape, FUCK.

Now that I've listened to the POD, I'm also happy that Dad and Dad are finally on the same page with Ngalu. I was feeling stressed out for awhile, amirite @Swaye ?
  • Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    Is Ngalu the Mosiah of this DL class?
  • jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Beno4Life said:

Is Ngalu the Mosiah of this DL class?

Mosiah has gotten better and better the more we see of him. Coker loved Ngalu from the beginning.