Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kyle Ford, 4* 2019 WR, Anaheim (Servite), CA (Offered 5/21/17)

Comments

• BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited January 2019
    Looks like UW threw in the towel with this kid when he committed to SC which is highly irritating. Puka said Petersen told him he's the only remaining WR they're recruiting and if they don't get him they'll only take Taj Davis. Doesn't make any fucking sense why they're trying to flip Nacua but not Ford. Wonder what happened behind the scenes with this kid. I distinctly remember SC fans freaking out after hearing he silently committed to UW from some SC sources. He probably did and then flipped to SC and UW was done with him after that. Whatever, he's not coming here.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Looks like UW threw in the towel with this kid when he committed to SC which is highly irritating. Puka said Petersen told him he's the only remaining WR they're recruiting and if they don't get him they'll only take Taj Davis. Doesn't make any fucking sense why they're trying to flip Nacua but not Ford. Wonder what happened behind the scenes with this kid. I distinctly remember SC fans freaking out after hearing he silently committed to UW from some SC sources. He probably did and then flipped to SC and UW was done with him after that. Whatever, he's not coming here.

I actually agree with this ... was wondering the same thing.
  • tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Close this thread...he gone!
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    tvoie said:

Close this thread...he gone!

keep the thread open, but only until...

1. Signing day is over
    2. Transfer portal closes
    3. Ford arrives in Eugene
    4. Ford works out with the Ducks
    5. eDuck says everything is fine
    6. Ford misses Day 1 of Fall Camp with "personal issues, but it's fine"
    7. Ford plays a down in their first game.... THEN close the thread; otherwise we still have a chance.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    If he's saying he's going to wait until SC's coaching situation is cleared up then he's clearly saying he favors SC. I think it's over unless Uncle Phil sends a massive bag.
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 3,967

Biggins on the USC board 30 min ago:

Orange Lutheran had their football banquet last night. Kyle has basically gone underground and isn't talking but I talked to two of his coaches last night who said Ford is planning to stay with USC. Football wise, he's not worried about the direction of the program, is confident things will turn around but the biggest thing he's looking for is opportunities after football, which was the main reason he chose USC in the first place. He feels once his playing days are done, a USC degree and the networking will set him up the best and as of now, is not wavering at all in his decision.

Interesting. Someone must have flubbed the pitch on his Notre Dame visit.
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Orange Lutheran had their football banquet last night. Kyle has basically gone underground and isn't talking but I talked to two of his coaches last night who said Ford is planning to stay with USC. Football wise, he's not worried about the direction of the program, is confident things will turn around but the biggest thing he's looking for is opportunities after football, which was the main reason he chose USC in the first place. He feels once his playing days are done, a USC degree and the networking will set him up the best and as of now, is not wavering at all in his decision.

That's been the talk on Oregon boards. They think he's USC all the way, unless his dad needs some money. Hence the pursuit of Puka.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Swaye said:

Smart kid actually. And HRYK. No matter how much of a dumpster fire USC football is that degree means something. Contrast with the community college like quality of a Eugene education.
    Oregon actually has a really good Sports Marketing department.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2019

I always love it when 17/18 years olds bring up "networking" as a reason.
    It seems pretty wise to me. There’s no question that a USC degree will give you a leg-up in just about every industry in the LA area right out of college. Now of course no one is going to give a shit what his alma mater was 2-3 years out of school, so it really only pertains to that initial job, but that’s not insignificant.
  • IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Smart kid actually. And HRYK. No matter how much of a dumpster fire USC football is that degree means something. Contrast with the community college like quality of a Eugene education.
    Oregon actually has a really good Sports Marketing department.
    Heard the degree in Gas Pumping is top flight as well.
    It is, but they usually leave town. All we get locally are the Lane Community College gas pumpers. There’s a difference...
    Once you’ve pumped gas for Tiffani-Amber Theissen, Eugene loses all of it’s luster.
  • justthrowitinthebagjustthrowitinthebag Member Posts: 150
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Get fucked Matt lubick. Kyle, enjoy a new head coach in 12 months.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Get fucked Matt lubick. Kyle, enjoy a new head coach in 12 months.

Over/under is more like 5 months.