Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kyle Ford, 4* 2019 WR, Anaheim (Servite), CA (Offered 5/21/17)

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,996
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Woof said:

It may have been the Athletic article that said Ford will not go where Bru McCoy goes. That pretty much rules out USC. Everything I see from him points more toward UW than UO, with the lone exception being early PT.

His recruitment feels like Irvin's last year, where I was nervously optimistic about our chances for 3 months. History tells me to not expect good things in these situations, but I think we are probably favorites to land him.

So I can't think of a WR of this level we've had under peterman. I don't think we have one currently on our roster either. If he has the playbook smarts, I could see PT next year. He is that good!
    John Ross was the best player in the conference in 2016, Ford has a ways to go before he gets to that level.

He's much, much more refined coming in than Ross was though. But I'm hearing that adds nothing to his value.
    I just mentioned PT, not the best player in the conference... is that you ballz?
    "So I can't think of a WR of this level we've had under peterman."
    Maybe I choose my words wrong. I can't think of a higher rated game changing, polished, and potentially ready to play from go, receiver that we've landed under peterman.

Ross did not come in at the level as a freshmen that ford will be at as a freshmen. He would not redshirt at udub.

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Woof said:

It may have been the Athletic article that said Ford will not go where Bru McCoy goes. That pretty much rules out USC. Everything I see from him points more toward UW than UO, with the lone exception being early PT.

His recruitment feels like Irvin's last year, where I was nervously optimistic about our chances for 3 months. History tells me to not expect good things in these situations, but I think we are probably favorites to land him.

So I can't think of a WR of this level we've had under peterman. I don't think we have one currently on our roster either. If he has the playbook smarts, I could see PT next year. He is that good!
    John Ross was the best player in the conference in 2016, Ford has a ways to go before he gets to that level.

He's much, much more refined coming in than Ross was though. But I'm hearing that adds nothing to his value.
    I just mentioned PT, not the best player in the conference... is that you ballz?
    Maybe I choose my words wrong. I can't think of a higher rated game changing, polished, and potentially ready to play from go, receiver that we've landed under peterman.

Ross did not come in at the level as a freshmen that ford will be at as a freshmen. He would not redshirt at udub.

I don't disagree with any of that
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Woof said:

I don't disagree with any of that
    Quite honestly
  • Options
    CrawfishCrawfish Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

If Oregon had a chance with Ford, he would have visited this weekend. He isn’t, so it’s either USC or UW.

What team do you like more between USC and UW? Is UW like your second team?
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2018
    Crawfish said:

If Oregon had a chance with Ford, he would have visited this weekend. He isn’t, so it’s either USC or UW.

I'm leaning more to USC. It doesn't matter how much of a dumpster fire that school is at times, they almost always manage to get the Cali kids they want. Even with that I was leaning UW until USC hired Kliff. The air raid offense at a high profile school is a wr's wet dream. I think it's too much for Ford to pass up. USC will also have an experienced QB. He wasn't great this year, but he should improve. We really don't know who UW's QB will be next year.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,589
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Domicillo said:

RDR said:
    Keep it positive... BUT FUCKING PAINT THE COMMENTS PURPLE!
    Yes please!
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,996
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Crawfish said:

I'm leaning more to USC. It doesn't matter how much of a dumpster fire that school is at times, they almost always manage to get the Cali kids they want. Even with that I was leaning UW until USC hired Kliff. The air raid offense at a high profile school is a wr's wet dream. I think it's too much for Ford to pass up. USC will also have an experienced QB. He wasn't great this year, but he should improve. We really don't know who UW's QB will be next year.
    Skinny coke Eason
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Crawfish said:

Skinny coke Eason
    Who put up better stats in the SEC coked up as a freshmen.
  • Options
    NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Domicillo said:

RDR said:
    Keep it positive... BUT FUCKING PAINT THE COMMENTS PURPLE!
    Thus far, heavy heavy UW.
    IT IS GLORIOUS!!!!!
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Crawfish said:

Jake Fucking Browning mother fucker!
  • Options
    JustWinNowJustWinNow Member Posts: 357
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

Crawfish said:

Wtf! "QB wasn't good this year but should be better next year", we were fucken saying that stupid shit every year the last 3 years with Jake Frowning. If you think Daniels will get it done at SC keep dreaming. The dawgs will play Skinny Fucken Eason and roll them Little Troys. Who ever the fuck we is doesn't know shit. Go Dawgs.
  • Options

Crawfish said:

Wtf! "QB wasn't good this year but should be better next year", we were fucken saying that stupid shit every year the last 3 years with Jake Frowning. If you think Daniels will get it done at SC keep dreaming. The dawgs will play Skinny Fucken Eason and roll them Little Troys. Who ever the fuck we is doesn't know shit. Go Dawgs.
    Eason sucked as a freshman too.

Hth
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Crawfish said:

Eason sucked as a freshman too.

Hth
    but did show sign of shatting himself when he was under pressure or when it mattered. he was just wildly inconsistent because he was freshman
  • Options

Everyone sucks here I guess but for a true freshman he wasn't horrible

Daniels was better, though he was playing in the 2018 Pac12 south which is even shittier than the SEC East of 2016.

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Everyone sucks here I guess but for a true freshman he wasn't horrible

Daniels was better, though he was playing in the 2018 Pac12 south which is even shittier than the SEC East of 2016.

Hardly.