Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kyle Ford, 4* 2019 WR, Anaheim (Servite), CA (Offered 5/21/17)

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

@RoadDawg55 It doesn't fucking matter if there is a transfer down the road. We have the most talented QB depth chart in the country now and in 2019. Any single one of them after Browning could be the next best QB in college football. Abundance of talent increases your chances of long term, sustained success you idiot! As you can see with fucking Oregon after they lost Mariota. We're fucking stacked at QB during the time any 2019 WR recruit would be at UW. You can't name a better QB depth chart in the country so fuck you.

Why so angry?

Off the top of my head give me Georgia and Clemson’s qbs though if we are taking dibs. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Just for the record, StrongBad started talking Oregon QBs in this thred, unprompted. So, like saying "AZDuck AZDuck AZDuck," I feel summoned.

We? actually had some decent backups to Mariota. They transferred.

For example, Bryan Bennett was actually kinda good. He went down a level to get PT and went to the combines. Got a cup of coffee in the NFL and now he's playing QB in the CFL along with a bunch of other ex-Oregon QBs.

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

@RoadDawg55 It doesn't fucking matter if there is a transfer down the road. We have the most talented QB depth chart in the country now and in 2019. Any single one of them after Browning could be the next best QB in college football. Abundance of talent increases your chances of long term, sustained success you idiot! As you can see with fucking Oregon after they lost Mariota. We're fucking stacked at QB during the time any 2019 WR recruit would be at UW. You can't name a better QB depth chart in the country so fuck you.

JFC. Any backup could technically be the next best QB in college football.

By your theory every QB stable in America is equally great based on fucktarded homer logic.

I'm going to need to hear from @kansacuse before I decide.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

We? have a depth chart of unproven 4-stars. Reminds me of the time that Miles, Lindquist, and Magna-Carta roamed the sidelines at Montlake.
    Why do you hate Black Power you fucking racist???
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

JFC. Any backup could technically be the next best QB in college football.

By your theory every QB stable in America is equally great based on fucktarded homer logic.

I'm going to need to hear from @kansacuse before I decide.
    @theciscoshow true?!?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I have as big of a sweat pants boner for Eason's potential as anybody but I have to point out he hasn't done jack shit at the ncaa level yet.

As a frosh he completed 55% of his passes for 6.5 ypa and led Georgia to an 8-5 (4-4) record in a shitty SEC East (and they missed Bama and LSU.) That was with Chubb and Michel at RB, and future NFL draft picks at LT, TE, WR1, WR2, and WR3.

Then he got Wally Pipped as a soph and the same team goes to the championship game.

Yep.

He has unlimited uoside but his floor is very low as well.

We all need to LIPO.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    AZDuck said:

Just for the record, StrongBad started talking Oregon QBs in this thred, unprompted. So, like saying "AZDuck AZDuck AZDuck," I feel summoned.

We? actually had some decent backups to Mariota. They transferred.

For example, Bryan Bennett was actually kinda good. He went down a level to get PT and went to the combines. Got a cup of coffee in the NFL and now he's playing QB in the CFL along with a bunch of other ex-Oregon QBs.

WTF WHO?
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Why so angry?

Off the top of my head give me Georgia and Clemson’s qbs though if we are taking dibs. Thanks in advance.
    Good call. Alabama is another. Oklahoma probably has some very good QB's after Kyler Murray. Ohio State with Haskins and Martell.

It has nothing to do with this but Baker Mayfield, Davis Webb, and Patrick Mahomes at Texas Tech was probably the greatest QB depth chart in a long time.

You want to sign a lot of good QB's to find one great one. UW will never have Alabama or Ohio State talent.

I'm not writing off Sirmon or Yankoff at all, but Tua T at Alabama, Lawrence at Clemson, or Fields at Georgia would not be behind Haener.

I have no proof, but the nature of the QB position is most guys turn out to be busts. Miles, Lindquist, and Troy Williams were all top 10-15, 4 star QB's.
    Yes they fucking would you idiot! Outside of Lawrence, Haener can throw the ball as well as any of those fuckers and he would still be way ahead of them in terms of knowledge of the system. UW is not going to dumb down the offense so true Freshman QB's have a chance to play like Alabama or Georgia. Tua has played half a fucking game in college football. Let's see how he handles an entire season. Lawrence is struggling to beat out 3* recruit Kelly Bryant by the way. Clemson doesn't have any other QB's on their roster after Bryant and Lawrence who are even in the competition for the starting job. Fields is the same as Sirmon and Yankoff. NFL physical talent but hasn't done shit yet. I can do this all fucking day. Give me Eason, Haener, Sirmon, Yankoff, and Morris over Bryant, Lawrence, and a bunch of nobodies. Give me those guys over Tua, Hurts, and again a bunch of nobodies. You seem to be forgetting that Jacob Eason still has the best arm talent in the nation. As long as he can get the mental side of the game down and our receivers take the next step he's going to be a Heisman contender. There's absolutely zero no reason to think Lawrence or Tua or Fields will be better than him.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I have as big of a sweat pants boner for Eason's potential as anybody but I have to point out he hasn't done jack shit at the ncaa level yet.

As a frosh he completed 55% of his passes for 6.5 ypa and led Georgia to an 8-5 (4-4) record in a shitty SEC East (and they missed Bama and LSU.) That was with Chubb and Michel at RB, and future NFL draft picks at LT, TE, WR1, WR2, and WR3.

Then he got Wally Pipped as a soph and the same team goes to the championship game.

Which has always been my argument. If you're the guy and you get injured you don't lose your job to a 5'9" true freshman. You heal and get your job back when you are ready.

Eason was not their man.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2018
    Mosster47 said:

Which has always been my argument. If you're the guy and you get injured you don't lose your job to a 5'9" true freshman. You heal and get your job back when you are ready.

Eason was not their man.

Jake Fromm
    #11 QBSophomoreGeorgia Bulldogs
    HometownWarner Robins, GA
    Height6-2
    Weight220 lbs.
    Career

• Options
    NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Why does a future USC commit have a thread?