Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Pastor tries to walk on water, eaten by crocodiles

13»

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club
    @allpurpleallgold

We are all praying for you and Little Jimmy
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

I laff every time one stupid religion (in the case we can assume Shia Islam) makes fun of another's myths and superstitions. Jesus couldn't have walked on water, but Muhammad sure rode the spirit horse to Jerusalem.

I laugh at all stupid religions
    Redundant.
    Profound.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,546 Founders Club

Cant quite buy the full on atheist approach. Too much weird shit happens in my own life just to be random chance.

And as far as believing in an afterlife - it's game theory. If I'm wrong, oh well. Wasted some Sundays and theological reading time before I become worm food.
    If I'm right and there is eternal hell and damnation, then all good. Those who wanted to live in absolute denial - well, you fucked.

But, yeah, organized religion. Fuck that. Mostly con games.

This is, without a doubt, the dumbest thing ever written on this board and I'm including DJs naturenews links. And dumb fucking @Doogles popping off about how great his intuition is.

I'm so fucking triggered by this board right now.
    Hurtful.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,645 Standard Supporter

Cant quite buy the full on atheist approach. Too much weird shit happens in my own life just to be random chance.

And as far as believing in an afterlife - it's game theory. If I'm wrong, oh well. Wasted some Sundays and theological reading time before I become worm food.
    If I'm right and there is eternal hell and damnation, then all good. Those who wanted to live in absolute denial - well, you fucked.

Weird shit happening is not proof of divine intervention. Seems to me the only big riddle that science may never be able to solve is the big bang and how the universe came into existence; and maybe there's some sort of miraculous, mind fuck type of thing that happened there that will never understand. But I can guaran-god damn-tee you it can't all be explained by some bullshit stories made up by mostly illiterate Middle Eastern peasants.
    But you can't say with certainty that 'too much weird shit' happening ISN'T influenced by some sort of divine intervention either.

I happen to think the good lord sprinkled all sorts of free-will thought around the world in hopes that humans would choose to embrace the commonalities of their religious beliefs as opposed to being dipshits about the differences.

Love thy neighbor, don't murder and loot, love your real god- whichever one it is. Pretty basic stuff.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club

Weird shit happening is not proof of divine intervention. Seems to me the only big riddle that science may never be able to solve is the big bang and how the universe came into existence; and maybe there's some sort of miraculous, mind fuck type of thing that happened there that will never understand. But I can guaran-god damn-tee you it can't all be explained by some bullshit stories made up by mostly illiterate Middle Eastern peasants.
    There is truth here. You won't convince anyone of the existence of God or god by anecdotal evidence.

Eternity is the most obvious answer to the big bang. There is no beginning or end to whatever the existence is that we are in. We have an infinite universe. We can see back to the beginnings of what we perceive to be our beginning but there had to be something there to cause it.

How can there be true nothingness for something to come out of?

Everyone picks on middle east peasants but they have three major religions and a boatload of oil and remain the focal point of world politics to this day
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,858
    I just need to know that there are unlimited tittays in our universe.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,016 Founders Club

There is truth here. You won't convince anyone of the existence of God or god by anecdotal evidence.

Eternity is the most obvious answer to the big bang. There is no beginning or end to whatever the existence is that we are in. We have an infinite universe. We can see back to the beginnings of what we perceive to be our beginning but there had to be something there to cause it.

How can there be true nothingness for something to come out of?

Everyone picks on middle east peasants but they have three major religions and a boatload of oil and remain the focal point of world politics to this day
    Good remarks here Race. Sometimes when we starting getting into what label to apply to one's self- e.g., agnostic, atheist, etc - it starts to become a semantic exercise. I almost prefer the term anti-theist or non-theist and as simpler way of saying one doesn't not believe in theisms. I will worship the shit out of that which is miraculous in the universe, but I also know that the universe doesn't give two shits about me or anyone else's existence.

@allpurpleallgold

We are all praying for you and Little Jimmy

Do. No. Put. Me. In. The. Same. Sentence. As. That. Fucking. Twat.
    Quit.Acting.Like.A.Fucking.Twat.Then.

That is the essence of faith, my man.

If the Moose limbs can have 72 virgins, why can't the gentiles believe in unlimited boobies?
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,970 Founders Club
    Anything is possible with faith as small as a mustard seed.

That is the essence of faith, my man.

If the Moose limbs can have 72 virgins, why can't the gentiles believe in unlimited boobies?

Still acting like a fucking twat, eh?

Have you considered a colonscopy to relieve your puckered sphincter?

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,858
    I stand with the throbber on all things. Specifically tits and katheryn winnick.