Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jake Browning listed among college football's most overrated

124»

Comments

• AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381

Herbert on the same trajectory to be the Jack Lockner of Oregon football.

LIPO. Herbert has a disadvantage in that he can hit the broadside of a barn.
    Of course LIPO. Just saying that I remember a UW QB who won 4 games, had hype behind him with a new coach new attitude, shitting his pants in his first game against his rival, athlete with all the upside in the world.

Guess we will see if/when Herbert breaks his thumb this year.
    Correlation =/= causation

HTH
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    AZDuck said:

Of course LIPO. Just saying that I remember a UW QB who won 4 games, had hype behind him with a new coach new attitude, shitting his pants in his first game against his rival, athlete with all the upside in the world.

HTH
    Thanks Slickhawk
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,958
    edited May 2017

Triple posts.

Pressing.

You think you have a QB better then MM.

Fuck off you next level quook

It's my signature move; kill yourself if it's bothering you.

I don't know who MM is or care.

I'm a lot of things; quooky ain't one of 'em.

FWIW you are the first person I've heard of describing Herbert as an athlete.

I'm sure there are plenty of other "I remember when ________ was a ____ QB who won ___ games, had hype behind him with a new coach new attitude, shitting his pants .... who would better fit that comparison.

Herbert can throw and seemed ok relative to his experience and the disaster of the situation he was thrown into. That's really the most anyone can say, but Jack Lockner? We? can do better than that.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493

I'm sure there are plenty of other "I remember when ________ was a ____ QB who won ___ games, had hype behind him with a new coach new attitude, shitting his pants .... who would better fit that comparison.

Herbert can throw and seemed ok relative to his experience and the disaster of the situation he was thrown into. That's really the most anyone can say, but Jack Lockner? We? can do better than that.
    Christ
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    AZDuck said:

HTH
    Herbert comes from a broken home? Damone/APAG!!! True???
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852

Triple posts.

Pressing.

I have no idea what led me to believe you are a duck.

You serious Clark?
    edited May 2017
    dnc said:

You serious Clark?
    Yeah, I'm missing the joke ....

like someone else already said, Herbert's shown he can hit the broad side of a barn.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

dnc said:

You serious Clark?

like someone else already said, Herbert's shown he can hit the broad side of a barn.
    He's gonna be very good.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,921 Founders Club

dnc said:

You serious Clark?

He's gonna be very good.
    Until his knees explode.
    PurpleJ said:

dnc said:

You serious Clark?

He's gonna be very good.
    Until his knees explode.
    Chips not there anymore.

hth

Triple posts.

Pressing.

I have no idea what led me to believe you are a duck.
    Nor do I. Stay awhile and get a feel for the place. Don't get out over skis right off the bat.
    dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

dnc said:

You serious Clark?

He's gonna be very good.
    Until his knees explode.
    Chips not there anymore.

hth
    It's not your knees that explode when Chip's around ... though there might be some rug burns involved.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Browning is a good QB and was a fucking true sophomore last year. You guys are faggots as usual and he will get better

All that being said, Jake Browning sucks.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Browning is overrated. One need only look at Darnold to see Browning's deficiencies. 2 years and he's only made 1 long throw in perfect stride (td to Pettis vs ASU). He hit long balls last year, but Ross, Pettis had to slow and wait for ball every time. As a frosh, he flat overthrew guys, last year he underthrew. This year I have high hopes he can lead a receiver like a good qb does.

Pup brought up fact Jake didnt hit 1 long throw in stride his entire freshman year on HH after the season( which of course fatters picked up on the next day in an article he wrote). Then just 1 in '16. (Pup watched every game in 60 both years, Feathers didnt bother, just poached Pup's content as gospel)

Browning is slow to release ball. Against good defenses he's petrified to throw with command down the seam. He feels safe throwing to sidelines...thats where he completes longest throws, save for 'gimmie' quick-hitter slants over middle. He needs confidence to step up in pocket, vs a heated rush, and deliver quickly down the field. Having Hunter Bryant will give him that opportunity, like Perkins afforded him the year before.

I think browning makes a massive jump forward this year in his developement. Puppy usually right about this shit

All that being said, Jake Browning sucks.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

dnc said:

You serious Clark?

He's gonna be very good.
    Until his knees explode.
    Shoulder but close enough