Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jake Browning listed among college football's most overrated

Comments

• EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,132
    edited May 2017

NEsnake12 said:

Browning is overrated. One need only look at Darnold to see Browning's deficiencies. 2 years and he's only made 1 long throw in perfect stride (td to Pettis vs ASU). He hit long balls last year, but Ross, Pettis had to slow and wait for ball every time. As a frosh, he flat overthrew guys, last year he underthrew. This year I have high hopes he can lead a receiver like a good qb does.

Pup brought up fact Jake didnt hit 1 long throw in stride his entire freshman year on HH after the season( which of course fatters picked up on the next day in an article he wrote). Then just 1 in '16. (Pup watched every game in 60 both years, Feathers didnt bother, just poached Pup's content as gospel)

Browning is slow to release ball. Against good defenses he's petrified to throw with command down the seam. He feels safe throwing to sidelines...thats where he completes longest throws, save for 'gimmie' quick-hitter slants over middle. He needs confidence to step up in pocket, vs a heated rush, and deliver quickly down the field. Having Hunter Bryant will give him that opportunity, like Perkins afforded him the year before.

I think browning makes a massive jump forward this year in his developement. Puppy usually right about this shit

While I agree his deep ball is shit, claiming he's only ever hit 1 in stride is completely false. I can think of at least 3 other throws:

-D-Warsh vs. Utah St. 2015
    -Both Ross TDs vs Rutgers 2016
    Never question puppylove_sugarsteve
    Sorry, but after that other thread, about PLSS, was bumped I can't believe ANYTHING he poasts now that I know that ANYTHING he says about the ring sting is because he is obviously on the receiving end.

It just puts that shit into a whole nother light.

LOFL
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    haie said:
    So he's a gamer with all the intangibles?
    Cerebral you say?

Shocker.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

dnc said:

Browning is a good QB and was a fucking true sophomore last year. You guys are faggots as usual and he will get better

Agree. Who in the PAC-10 would you take over him? Darnold probably. Maybe Rosen?
    Darnold and eventually maybe Herbert. Hell no on Rosen.
    Agree, and I think the maybe on Herbert will be a no brainer soon. That kid's going to be very good IMO.
    Not saying this as a Quook, but Herbert is already better than Browning. If you look at his progression over last year into this spring he is the best pure passer Oregon has had since Akili Smith. He is placing the ball in zones, throwing out/down/away at 20+ yards, etc. The throw he made on the first TD in Oregon's spring game is a throw very few kids can make with that kind of command and accuracy. Slingblade got lucky that kid was in his lap and couldn't fuck up his recruitment.

Jake is very good at the Bellotti/Tedford/Peterman max protect timing routes, but that kid doesn't have an ounce of next level ability. That matters when you send half your roster to the NFL.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

dnc said:

Browning is a good QB and was a fucking true sophomore last year. You guys are faggots as usual and he will get better

Agree. Who in the PAC-10 would you take over him? Darnold probably. Maybe Rosen?
    Agree, and I think the maybe on Herbert will be a no brainer soon. That kid's going to be very good IMO.
    Not saying this as a Quook, but Herbert is already better than Browning. If you look at his progression over last year into this spring he is the best pure passer Oregon has had since Akili Smith. He is placing the ball in zones, throwing out/down/away at 20+ yards, etc. The throw he made on the first TD in Oregon's spring game is a throw very few kids can make with that kind of command and accuracy. Slingblade got lucky that kid was in his lap and couldn't fuck up his recruitment.

Jake is very good at the Bellotti/Tedford/Peterman max protect timing routes, but that kid doesn't have an ounce of next level ability. That matters when you send half your roster to the NFL.
    Won 4 games while crying half the time. In the fucking PAC 12. I don't doubt his talent but fuck you are an idiot. Try to win more than 4 games this year. Browning can.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    edited May 2017
    haie said:

Mosster47 said:

dnc said:

Won 4 games while crying half the time. In the fucking PAC 12. I don't doubt his talent but fuck you are an idiot. Try to win more than 4 games this year. Browning can.
    How good your team is means very little about how good an individual player is. Quit being such a stupid fucker trying to be smart.

Football isn't basketball. You can't just have one Bron Bron and be amazing instantly.

Oregon is going to win more than four games this year too. You're a stupid fucker, but you're not that fucking stupid.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    @haie is one of my favorite classy Doog poasters.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Mosster47 said:

dnc said:

Davis Webb is a lot better than Browning too.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    edited May 2017
    Sounded like a Quook to me, M47.

• IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    haie said:

Mosster47 said:

dnc said:

Two games. Herbert only won two games.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Herbert on the same trajectory to be the Jack Lockner of Oregon football.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,958
    dnc said:

Yeeup!

Darnold has a slower release then Kaepernick. Hes about to be exposed
    Not in college he's not.

Bad decision here as he's brownsocking it. But what the fuck #22? Don't be such a pussy ass.
    Thinking the same thing every time I see that one - I think less about Jake's throw, which is par for the course, and more about 22 getting absolutely trucked. Like, grab some jersey and hang on or something man.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    edited May 2017
    Triple posts.

Pressing.

You think you have a QB better then MM.

Fuck off you next level quook
  • IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183

LIPO. Herbert has a disadvantage in that he can hit the broadside of a barn.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    edited May 2017

LIPO. Herbert has a disadvantage in that he can hit the broadside of a barn.
    Of course LIPO. Just saying that I remember a UW QB who won 4 games, had hype behind him with a new coach new attitude, shitting his pants in his first game against his rival, athlete with all the upside in the world.

Guess we will see if/when Herbert breaks his thumb this year.