Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jake Browning listed among college football's most overrated

Comments

• Tripper_JohnsonTripper_Johnson Member Posts: 200
    Mormon? Rosen is a Jew.
  • BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658

Browning is a good QB and was a fucking true sophomore last year. You guys are faggots as usual and he will get better

Agree. Who in the PAC-10 would you take over him? Darnold probably. Maybe Rosen?
    Darnold has a slower release then Kaepernick. Hes about to be exposed
  • Tripper_JohnsonTripper_Johnson Member Posts: 200
    dnc said:

Mormon? Rosen is a Jew.

He?s referring to Luke Motherfalker, I believe.
    PAC-10. Land grant schools not allowed. Listen to the podcast!
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

I like Jake, but he's a noodle armed pussy. Simple fact.

As leader of #TeamKJ, fully recognize that Jake has limitations. I don't think being a pussy is one of them.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

Mormon? Rosen is a Jew.

He?s referring to Luke Motherfalker, I believe.
    PAC-10. Land grant schools not allowed. Listen to the podcast!
    Wrong bored bruh
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club
    dnc said:

Browning is a good QB and was a fucking true sophomore last year. You guys are faggots as usual and he will get better

Agree. Who in the PAC-10 would you take over him? Darnold probably. Maybe Rosen?
    Darnold and eventually maybe Herbert. Hell no on Rosen.
    Agree, and I think the maybe on Herbert will be a no brainer soon. That kid's going to be very good IMO.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792

Browning is overrated. One need only look at Darnold to see Browning's deficiencies. 2 years and he's only made 1 long throw in perfect stride (td to Pettis vs ASU). He hit long balls last year, but Ross, Pettis had to slow and wait for ball every time. As a frosh, he flat overthrew guys, last year he underthrew. This year I have high hopes he can lead a receiver like a good qb does.

Pup brought up fact Jake didnt hit 1 long throw in stride his entire freshman year on HH after the season( which of course fatters picked up on the next day in an article he wrote). Then just 1 in '16. (Pup watched every game in 60 both years, Feathers didnt bother, just poached Pup's content as gospel)

Browning is slow to release ball. Against good defenses he's petrified to throw with command down the seam. He feels safe throwing to sidelines...thats where he completes longest throws, save for 'gimmie' quick-hitter slants over middle. He needs confidence to step up in pocket, vs a heated rush, and deliver quickly down the field. Having Hunter Bryant will give him that opportunity, like Perkins afforded him the year before.

I think browning makes a massive jump forward this year in his developement. Puppy usually right about this shit

While I agree his deep ball is shit, claiming he's only ever hit 1 in stride is completely false. I can think of at least 3 other throws:

-D-Warsh vs. Utah St. 2015
    -Both Ross TDs vs Rutgers 2016
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    NEsnake12 said:

Browning is overrated. One need only look at Darnold to see Browning's deficiencies. 2 years and he's only made 1 long throw in perfect stride (td to Pettis vs ASU). He hit long balls last year, but Ross, Pettis had to slow and wait for ball every time. As a frosh, he flat overthrew guys, last year he underthrew. This year I have high hopes he can lead a receiver like a good qb does.

Pup brought up fact Jake didnt hit 1 long throw in stride his entire freshman year on HH after the season( which of course fatters picked up on the next day in an article he wrote). Then just 1 in '16. (Pup watched every game in 60 both years, Feathers didnt bother, just poached Pup's content as gospel)

Browning is slow to release ball. Against good defenses he's petrified to throw with command down the seam. He feels safe throwing to sidelines...thats where he completes longest throws, save for 'gimmie' quick-hitter slants over middle. He needs confidence to step up in pocket, vs a heated rush, and deliver quickly down the field. Having Hunter Bryant will give him that opportunity, like Perkins afforded him the year before.

I think browning makes a massive jump forward this year in his developement. Puppy usually right about this shit

While I agree his deep ball is shit, claiming he's only ever hit 1 in stride is completely false. I can think of at least 3 other throws:

-D-Warsh vs. Utah St. 2015
    -Both Ross TDs vs Rutgers 2016
    Never question puppylove_sugarsteve
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771

Maybe. Or maybe without John Ross terrifying defenses they'll load the box and sit on short throws, exposing Browning further.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771

Maybe. Or maybe without John Ross terrifying defenses they'll load the box and sit on short throws, exposing Browning further.
  • tenndawgtenndawg Member Posts: 1,161

Very chinsightful...

Not sure how you came up with that, but I fear it's true